MelissaJulian

May 2009 filers -- post here!!!

1,211 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I just found out I could possibly be denied since my divorce decree had a recent date of my divorce. I am going insane. :crying:

My attorney did not mention this, but another one I just randomly asked for advice told me that there is a possibility. Please keep me in your prayers.

I'm sorry to hear that. Man this whole process is so stressful... but hopefully everything will work out for all of us!

Keep your head up, and try not to worry to much!

05/15/09 - Sent in I-129F

05/19/09 - Received NOA1

10/08/09 - NOA2 Approved

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well, I think I may have been fretting for nothing. I think I asked a wrong person for advice, and the requirement is that you are free to marry. I have fulfilled that. I think its a VERY slim chance I will get denied. I was just thinking the worst scenario. My attorney that is representing me does not seem to think that at all, and this other one was just random free advice. It was my fault that I asked someone else who is not familiar with my case at all. I am pretty sure I will get approved. Usually, if they deny you its way in the begining and would not have given me an RFE. Sometimes, you just can not help to think the worst situation.

I am not worried any more. Sorry guys :)

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline

Denials are very rare this early in the stage. Just a note to all of you do not ask any other attorney for advice unless they are familiar with your case. Sometimes these people are not familar with laws in different countries, and usually base it on the worst scenario. I learned my lesson.

I just found out I could possibly be denied since my divorce decree had a recent date of my divorce. I am going insane. :crying:

My attorney did not mention this, but another one I just randomly asked for advice told me that there is a possibility. Please keep me in your prayers.

I'm sorry to hear that. Man this whole process is so stressful... but hopefully everything will work out for all of us!

Keep your head up, and try not to worry to much!

Thanks, but I think I was freaking out for nothing. I really hope you hear something from your rep next week, or CSC before that :). I definitely think I will get approved.

Timeline
A few days ago I received "Intend to deny" letter and it says I need to request a waiver with a valid reason for it. :crying: :crying: :crying::help:

I am sorry to hear about that, but I think you should get an immigration attorney in your case. This way you can get that waiver approved. Normally, I would not advice anyone an immigration attorney after the bad advice I have been given by them. But, you have every reason to get one. You need to apply for the waiver and tell them your story. Just make sure you get an attorney that has worked with assisting clients with waivers and is a good one that others have recommended.

So, the legal expert got back to me later on today, and after reading the verbage on my decree he stated I would not get denied. I guess he was confused :).

That's good to hear.

Even those all high and mighty lawyers/legal people can make mistakes :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
So, the legal expert got back to me later on today, and after reading the verbage on my decree he stated I would not get denied. I guess he was confused :).

That's good to hear.

Even those all high and mighty lawyers/legal people can make mistakes :lol:

Yeah I guess no one is perfect :lol:.

thats good to hear starlight.. and sorry i havent been on for a long while jeessh all these paperworks are driving me insane.. i have i have set my medical exam date and interview date but i have a new problem :crying:

the philippines had a really really bad storm and mail is delayed. he sent in all my paperworks last september 10 and it said on usps tracking online that it was delivered in the philippines last september 15. ok so i wait till i get it and its not arriving in my mail box. i called the post office just now and they said that the office was flooded !! omg!! :crying:

i was told to call back tomorrow or drop by the office. i'll go and see if they have my mail. please pray that they have it safe and sound --- coz it includes my NOA2 (original copy) -- that is the ONLY ONE thats important in that letter. all the others are replacable, even the receipts and pictures he sent initially for the petition are alright to get lost. but the NOA2! omg!!

during the interview, do you think the consular officer will understand why i dont have the original of NOA2? my fiance kept a photocopy and scanned it as well so he can send me a copy again... if (and i hope not) the mail got lost, is a photocopy ok to send? thanks in advance.

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 22 -- Interview @USEM

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Nov 10 -- US Entry ; POE: Seattle, WA

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Feb 11 -- [i-485] AOS; EAD; AP sent

Feb 19 -- NOA1 : AOS, EAD, AP

Feb 23 -- NOA 2: AOS & EAD

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

Apr 09 -- EAD Approval date - waiting for hardcopy

Apr 18 -- EAD Card received

Apr 20 -- NOA 2 - interview schedule

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

June 11 -- Wedding Ceremony ^^

"There are two kinds of people in this world:

Those that play hopscotch and sing in the shower..

And those that lie alone at night with tears in their eyes."

"Hopscotch and Tears" by Becka Woolf, Chickensoup for the Teenage Soul

thats good to hear starlight.. and sorry i havent been on for a long while jeessh all these paperworks are driving me insane.. i have i have set my medical exam date and interview date but i have a new problem :crying:

the philippines had a really really bad storm and mail is delayed. he sent in all my paperworks last september 10 and it said on usps tracking online that it was delivered in the philippines last september 15. ok so i wait till i get it and its not arriving in my mail box. i called the post office just now and they said that the office was flooded !! omg!! :crying:

i was told to call back tomorrow or drop by the office. i'll go and see if they have my mail. please pray that they have it safe and sound --- coz it includes my NOA2 (original copy) -- that is the ONLY ONE thats important in that letter. all the others are replacable, even the receipts and pictures he sent initially for the petition are alright to get lost. but the NOA2! omg!!

during the interview, do you think the consular officer will understand why i dont have the original of NOA2? my fiance kept a photocopy and scanned it as well so he can send me a copy again... if (and i hope not) the mail got lost, is a photocopy ok to send? thanks in advance.

I think I've read that as long as you have a photocopy, you're okay.

I mean, NO ONE can expect you to suddenly pop up that original if it's been lost in the flood.

Perhaps he can try and request a new copy without paying for it, in case it was lost due to a natural disaster?

Never hurts to try.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

It's really terrible what just came through my place now. Thank you for your kind thoughts and keep those who are gravely impacted by the storm in your prayers. Thank you! (F)

By the way, I just received a call from the Department of State! Is this normal? Just to tell me that our paper actually arrived in Manila on Sept 21st and to wait for further notice from the embassy regarding interview schedule. I am shocked!

Life is beautiful!

It's really terrible what just came through my place now. Thank you for your kind thoughts and keep those who are gravely impacted by the storm in your prayers. Thank you! (F)

By the way, I just received a call from the Department of State! Is this normal? Just to tell me that our paper actually arrived in Manila on Sept 21st and to wait for further notice from the embassy regarding interview schedule. I am shocked!

Weird of them to call you.

Maybe it's because of the flood they're letting people know that the records are safe and sound.

Timeline

Briane&Merne: Sorry to hear about the storm and I hope the weather clears up soon.

Mystic Heart: I think a copy would suffice. I would not worry about the original.

There has been no action on approvals since 9/22/09. What is going on????????????

Edited by Starlight95

Hm, maybe they just put it back into your file.

It's up to the officer if they want to work on it right away again or not.

Maybe he/she had other RFE's that were sent back to look at ahead of yours.

And I got P3 today.

I'll be sending it back either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.