MelissaJulian

May 2009 filers -- post here!!!

1,211 posts in this topic

Haha, my fiance just told me NVC sent him the same thing 3 times.

So much for the paper reduction act :lol:

It seems like on the third day you got that resumed processing email. So, hoping tomorrow will be the big day now. Right now its 11:46 am. I did sign up for the mobile alert, but nothing yet. :(

At least you get to know something's happening through text.

I think the first email you'll get is that they're resuming your case.

That's what I got, so don't get excited if you think it's your NOA2, as a fore-warning kind of thing :lol:

And I'm probably going to end up seeing an immigration lawyer if they offer one of those 30 minute free things to discuss my last border denial. I know it's not supposed to effect it, but I need my mind to be calmed down about it... since I sort of didn't tell the truth at first and had it grilled out of me.

I hate how I lie out of nervousness.

So I just wanted to go see if it'll effect me at all or if the first POE officer put something into my passport file that I was not made aware of. Though, I think if I was going to get in trouble for "misinterpretation" they would have told me at the border... because that can cause a perma ban from the US.

Oh how I hated being naive. Oh well. :wacko:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Well, here's a new wrinkle... Sept 7 i get a letter from NVC saying our approved petition is being forwarded to the consulate. 2 weeks later, the consulate still hasn't received it, so I call NVC and they tell me it's still there (at NVC) in AP status! So much for believing what we get in writing.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Well, here's a new wrinkle... Sept 7 i get a letter from NVC saying our approved petition is being forwarded to the consulate. 2 weeks later, the consulate still hasn't received it, so I call NVC and they tell me it's still there (at NVC) in AP status! So much for believing what we get in writing.

That's why I tell my fiance to never fully trust what's on paper.

He does it way too much.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

That's why I tell my fiance to never fully trust what's on paper.

He does it way too much.

But it's so unfair! That letter said we were approved, it gave us the consulate case number, the alien number everything, and then they took it back! Incredible. When I called them, they were very curt, too ... approaching rude. I think they need some love in their lives.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What is wrong with CSC? I haven't gotten a single touch or anything since the original receipt of documents.... which was way back in mid may. This is getting so annoying.

Does it have to do with the fact that my wife is coming from Pakistan? Are different countries treated differently?

05/15/09 - Sent in I-129F

05/19/09 - Received NOA1

10/08/09 - NOA2 Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm a May filer! :) My consulate is in Vancouver, and last Friday, I received Packet 3! So now I'm working on that, and hoping to have my interview after I get my Birth Certificate + Police Record Check (in about four weeks... :S ) I haven't faxed over my DS-156 PT1 along with my checklist yet since I haven't completed it... or are you suppose to? Acks!

Vancouver's pretty fast.

I'd try to get all you can before you send the form and checklist back.

I think the last member who I recall went through Vancouver got an interview within a month.

I suggest booking your medical now if you havn't done so.

We got our interview VERY fast because we requested it. Vancouver's very accomodating.

Bryan got his Visa in the mail today : ) So, it was just a few days over a month from our NOA2 to Visa in hand!

K-1 process:

05-05-2009: Mailed I-129F

05-15-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: Check cashed

08-19-2009: NOA2 Email

08-24-2009: NOA2 Hardcopy

08-24-2009: NVC In

08-26-2009: NVC Out

08-28-2009: Consulate Received

09-03-2009: Packet 3 Received

09-04-2009: Packet 3 Returned (via fax)

09-04-2009: Interview date (by email)

09-08-2009: Packet 4 received

09-16-2009: Medical Appointment

09-17-2009: Interview

09-22-2009: Visa in hand

10-20-2009?: POE

10-31-2009: Legal marriage

05-22-2010: <3 Our wedding <3

Our wait is almost over <3

What is wrong with CSC? I haven't gotten a single touch or anything since the original receipt of documents.... which was way back in mid may. This is getting so annoying.

Does it have to do with the fact that my wife is coming from Pakistan? Are different countries treated differently?

Your file may have ended up in a different pile or they sent it in for extra background checks...

On October 15th you can call them about it though, since it's been 5 months.

When you do, don't take that "Your file hasn't been here for whatever # of months" blah blah #######.

You've been waiting 5 months and because that's the time listed on their website, you should demand to talk to someone higher up if they wont answer you.

It's pretty unfair that you havn't seen any progress at all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your file may have ended up in a different pile or they sent it in for extra background checks...

When you do, don't take that "Your file hasn't been here for whatever # of months" blah blah #######.

You've been waiting 5 months and because that's the time listed on their website, you should demand to talk to someone higher up if they wont answer you.

Thanks... yea it's just frustrating to keep checking the uscis.gov site hoping to see any change. At what point should one get their representative involved?

05/15/09 - Sent in I-129F

05/19/09 - Received NOA1

10/08/09 - NOA2 Approved

Thanks... yea it's just frustrating to keep checking the uscis.gov site hoping to see any change. At what point should one get their representative involved?

Maybe you should look into it now.

You're getting really really close to the 5 month mark.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You should of gotten a representative involved when you started seeing others getting approved. I had a letter good to go and the next day I got an RFE. Dont' wait it out and call your congressman tomorrow. It is not a requirement that you have to wait 5 months to call. In your call or letter mention to them that you have seen others getting approved and you want to know the status of your case.

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline

It seems like on the third day you got that resumed processing email. So, hoping tomorrow will be the big day now. Right now its 11:46 am. I did sign up for the mobile alert, but nothing yet. :(

That's what I got, so don't get excited if you think it's your NOA2, as a fore-warning kind of thing :lol:

And I'm probably going to end up seeing an immigration lawyer if they offer one of those 30 minute free things to discuss my last border denial. I know it's not supposed to effect it, but I need my mind to be calmed down about it... since I sort of didn't tell the truth at first and had it grilled out of me.

So I just wanted to go see if it'll effect me at all or if the first POE officer put something into my passport file that I was not made aware of. Though, I think if I was going to get in trouble for "misinterpretation" they would have told me at the border... because that can cause a perma ban from the US.

I think I am going to turn off the mobile alert. Otherwise, I will be constantly getting anxious and get so worried if I don't hear something soon. Thanks for the fore-warning. I guess Fed-Ex really did the trick and you got yours approved in 4 days. That was impressive. I wish I listened to my own advice, and just mailed the RFE on my own through Fed-Ex. I would have saved a lot of time at this point.

Yeah, I would probably go see an immigration officer as well just for my own sanity. It's better to make sure you have not left anything hanging. I am pretty sure you will not have any problems, but I would probably would be doing the same thing if I was in your shoes.

I think I am going to turn off the mobile alert. Otherwise, I will be constantly getting anxious and get so worried if I don't hear something soon. Thanks for the fore-warning. I guess Fed-Ex really did the trick and you got yours approved in 4 days. That was impressive. I wish I listened to my own advice, and just mailed the RFE on my own through Fed-Ex. I would have saved a lot of time at this point.

Yeah, I would probably go see an immigration officer as well just for my own sanity. It's better to make sure you have not left anything hanging. I am pretty sure you will not have any problems, but I would probably would be doing the same thing if I was in your shoes.

For some reason, while I was in the shower (Don't ask :lol:) I remembered that here in Canada there's a number I can call where I can get free advice from an actual lawyer, but only once per household.

I wonder if they have immigration lawyers too.

I should find the number and see if they can help me.

Timeline

For some reason, while I was in the shower (Don't ask :lol:) I remembered that here in Canada there's a number I can call where I can get free advice from an actual lawyer, but only once per household.

I wonder if they have immigration lawyers too.

I should find the number and see if they can help me.

They have free advice from immigration lawyers in the states. They give you a 30 min consultation free. I don't see why Canada would not have that. See if you can find that number so you can have peace of mind.

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline

Tomorrow we are going on a work trip so I will not be by a computer. Yay!!!! This will keep me away from checking the website, and the mobile alert will be off. So, I can check my email later in the day. Hopefully, tomorrow will be the forwarning touch :lol:.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.