MelissaJulian

May 2009 filers -- post here!!!

1,211 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Bryan had his medical appointment this morning in Vancouver. It was set for 6:30am, he finished by 9:30 and has to hang out until 2pm to pick up his paperwork. He said all went well, but he was especially un-fond of the "peepee exam." His words, not mine.

Tomorrow's his interview. Wish I could go with him, but alas, plane tickets are more than I can afford right now. His parents did mention flying me out for Canadian Thanksgiving, though :D

K-1 process:

05-05-2009: Mailed I-129F

05-15-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: Check cashed

08-19-2009: NOA2 Email

08-24-2009: NOA2 Hardcopy

08-24-2009: NVC In

08-26-2009: NVC Out

08-28-2009: Consulate Received

09-03-2009: Packet 3 Received

09-04-2009: Packet 3 Returned (via fax)

09-04-2009: Interview date (by email)

09-08-2009: Packet 4 received

09-16-2009: Medical Appointment

09-17-2009: Interview

09-22-2009: Visa in hand

10-20-2009?: POE

10-31-2009: Legal marriage

05-22-2010: <3 Our wedding <3

Our wait is almost over <3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

WE WERE JUST APPROVED!!

Sorry for the caps, but I am actually screaming! We just got the approval e-mail today. I am visiting my girl in Brazil so we were hoping it would come while I was here so we can celebrate together. Now we'll wait for the paperwork to get mailed to her and then work on the next steps.

I hope all those Mayers still waiting get approved soon and feel the happiness we are experiencing now! It seems that the K-1s are getting processed in less than 4 months, so if it takes longer for you, I would reccomend talking to your Senator.... just a thought because this is what I was going to do as soon as I got back from Brazil!

Best,

D&D

Bryan had his medical appointment this morning in Vancouver. It was set for 6:30am, he finished by 9:30 and has to hang out until 2pm to pick up his paperwork. He said all went well, but he was especially un-fond of the "peepee exam." His words, not mine.

Tomorrow's his interview. Wish I could go with him, but alas, plane tickets are more than I can afford right now. His parents did mention flying me out for Canadian Thanksgiving, though :D

Good luck to your fiance tomorrow!

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

I would also like to add that my package is now in Montreal.

That sure was fast.

Only a day.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On September 15, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

I am speechless of how thankful I am right now. Thank you all for all your kind thoughts.

Life is beautiful!

WAY TO GO Jen!

Edited by BrianandMerne

Life is beautiful!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

On September 15, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

I am speechless of how thankful I am right now. Thank you all for all your kind thoughts.

Congrats!! See, it was worth the wait.

I just got back today, and got the final divorce decree. So, I am going to submit it tomorrow. I don't think anything is going to go wrong now. I have the right document. My trip was very exhausting, but I got the doc so it was worth it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is great news to come back home too. :dance::dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I don't see any forum topic that says, "whine here" so I guess this is where I'll do it. Our I-129 was "approved" 2 or 3 weeks ago, then sent to NVC, then we got a letter from NVC more than a week ago saying our petition was forwarded to Naples, but this morning I called Naples, and they don't have it. Ridiculous. Now what? NVC forwarded it but the consulate claims not to have it. Any words of advice? Any similar experience? seems our petition just vanished into thin air.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

I don't see any forum topic that says, "whine here" so I guess this is where I'll do it. Our I-129 was "approved" 2 or 3 weeks ago, then sent to NVC, then we got a letter from NVC more than a week ago saying our petition was forwarded to Naples, but this morning I called Naples, and they don't have it. Ridiculous. Now what? NVC forwarded it but the consulate claims not to have it. Any words of advice? Any similar experience? seems our petition just vanished into thin air.

Have you tried tracking it on DHL at all?

You can usually track it like this:

Once you know the date NVC sent off the file, track it at DHL's website:

http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef

For reference code tracking, enter EXP 10 JUL 2009A (adjust using the day just before the date NVC told you they shipped it), with a shipping range of that day to a few days later (July 13 - July 14 worked for the example above).

Look for shipments to your beneficiary's embassy.

It worked for me and mine's been recieved at Montreal, signed by a guy named Tito.

If you can't seem to find it, just mess around with the dates in the DHL website.

What worked for me was:

EXP 14 SEP 2009A and the dates were Sep 15 and Sep 15, since I knew they sent it on the 15th and I was able to find it.

Timeline

thank you very much, but i don't understand ... DHL ships thousands every day, how to know the tracking number or anything specific?

Event Date

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

It's hard to say exactly.

Does the letter you got from the NVC say what day they shipped it out?

If it doesnt, try giving them a call, they may be able to answer that question.

DHL is easier to use if you know the exact day they shipped it out.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
thank you very much, but i don't understand ... DHL ships thousands every day, how to know the tracking number or anything specific?

Did you call NVC to see if it was actually sent yet? If you got the letter from NVC saying they will send your paperwork off in a week, that is just a general timeframe and it might take longer for them to send the package. I did do some tracking for the past few days and one shipped yesterday and should arrive soon (tracking number 9207852975).

Edit: As for how we can find anything on their website, the link above is for a reference number and they are only specific to NVC. They are different from tracking numbers. I just did a search for you all the way back to September 4th and the only one I found going to Italy was the tracking number above.

Edited by Bob-KhaHan

Timeline

Oh, Rhiann! I found it! Thank you so much! It was received at Leipzig, Germany just minutes ago, now it will probably reach Napoli tomorrow. Grazie mille ! That was very encouraging and helpful! (I just hope it's ours ... lol)

Event Date

Timeline

yes, thank you, too Bob-KhaHan! that's it I think. thank you all very much. Now I feel encouraged.

Event Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.