MelissaJulian

May 2009 filers -- post here!!!

1,211 posts in this topic

And thus starts the long weekend.

Visa progress hiatus till Tuesday :(

I have this feeling that that second touch was your approval, and if they will touch it one more time that could be your hardcopy of your approval. Because your RFE was a very simple one.

I'm still worried that they won't take the photocopied signatures on the G-325A.

I'm pretty darn sure they used them anyway... cause page 2 of 4 is missing that I signed. Maybe they used that I'm not sure.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have this feeling that that second touch was your approval, and if they will touch it one more time that could be your hardcopy of your approval. Because your RFE was a very simple one.

I'm still worried that they won't take the photocopied signatures on the G-325A.

I'm pretty darn sure they used them anyway... cause page 2 of 4 is missing that I signed. Maybe they used that I'm not sure.

Usually, from what I have seen they would have asked for that in this RFE that they requested. I rarely see 2nd RFE's this late in the process. Don't worry about it. I know its easier said than done. Because, I am so worried about my RFE as well. :lol:

Usually, from what I have seen they would have asked for that in this RFE that they requested. I rarely see 2nd RFE's this late in the process. Don't worry about it. I know its easier said than done. Because, I am so worried about my RFE as well. :lol:

I always wondered that myself. Do they look through the whole thing for RFEs or do they drop it when they find one and resume again. Cause I've seen people with more than one RFE before.

It's a mystery.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline

I always wondered that myself. Do they look through the whole thing for RFEs or do they drop it when they find one and resume again. Cause I've seen people with more than one RFE before.

It's a mystery.

I seriously think you will be approved next week. I have a good feeling about it :). I wish I had that much confident about my RFE. I just hope that I get the decree in the mail within two weeks. I told them to deliver it by the 20th. So, I can fed-ex it the very next day. It is due by the 26th and that falls on Saturday :(.

It's a mystery.

I seriously think you will be approved next week. I have a good feeling about it :). I wish I had that much confident about my RFE. I just hope that I get the decree in the mail within two weeks. I told them to deliver it by the 20th. So, I can fed-ex it the very next day. It is due by the 26th and that falls on Saturday :(.

Hm, I never even noticed that the RFE had an expiry date on it.

I hope your fiance can get it to you pretty fast.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I emailed the consulate today requesting an email when they scheduled the interview date. Bryan faxed his packet 3 information this morning and then I sent the email shortly after.

Within an hour I received this:

Hello,

We have scheduled your fiancé's interview for 17 September 2009 at 1:00 pm and we are in process of mailing his interview letter. Please make sure he bring all original documents along with their photocopies as requested on the checklist on the day of his appointment.

Thank you.

K Visa Unit

Vancouver, BC

:dance:

WOW....that's pretty amazing....and really close! 11 days!

Hope everything goes smooth. Let us know how it went for him.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

THIS IS THE BEST SLOW EMAIL EVER!

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WAC************

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On September 4, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

I wonder what took it 2 days to get to my inbox? :lol:

Edited by Rhiann

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

On September 4, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

Sincerely,

omg congrats and good luck on the next leg of ur journey, starlight, i think you and i r the only one left from may filerslol, i cant stand it no more, we were touch on sept 2nd and them sept 3 but nothing else, we r at a stand still plus its now a holiday weekend so theres go another week, i just called my congressman and they r going to see what they can do this week, im happy for all the ppl here that didnt have to go threw what we r going threw , good luck to all of us waiting still

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sincerely,

omg congrats and good luck on the next leg of ur journey, starlight, i think you and i r the only one left from may filerslol, i cant stand it no more, we were touch on sept 2nd and them sept 3 but nothing else, we r at a stand still plus its now a holiday weekend so theres go another week, i just called my congressman and they r going to see what they can do this week, im happy for all the ppl here that didnt have to go threw what we r going threw , good luck to all of us waiting still

Timeline

Sincerely,

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I knew you were going to get it soon!!

Which is good.

Cause it takes Montreal like 3 months to assign an interview date :lol:

I hope I dont get stuck in NVC :wacko:

Timeline

Sincerely,

Touches are good. That means yours should be approved shortly even next week :). I am so frustrated with this RFE because it requires a document from abroad. My attorney told me another option, but I don't want to take that risk. I don't want a denial I am too close. My attorney says that I will not get a denial if I submit the evidence she says. Do you guys think I should provide USCIS exactly what they are looking for or listen to my attorney and seek the other option? I am so frustrated with this RFE that it's driving me insane.

I have a feeling I will be the only one let in this May 09 group eventually with still no approval. :crying::crying:

Filed: Timeline

Hello , Everyone! A bit of information:

I went to Europe couple times this summer to meet with my fiancee and on both occasions took pictures and saved all the supporting docs such as boarding passes, restaurant bills, hotel reservations etc etc etc. Made copies and sent to VSC as additional docs to be attached to my file. Usually USCIS don't reply to such correspondence if this is not a reply to specific RFE. This weekend I received a letter from VSC acknowledging the receipt of recent correspondence. But no touch on the system. Called my attorney, he was surprised. He never heard of such letters. and again told me that USCIS is a bunch of lazy incompetent arseholes who don't know what they doing and have no system to their approval process. Its all wait and guess game. Any ideas? Why no touch? Why the letter to the second attachment but not first one? Why ? Why ? Why?......Input appreciated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Still waiting on our NOA2, no touches, but we're sitting tight and hoping it will come through soon :) We hope to have the visa in time for me to go over there on Boxing Day (Dec 26) since I want to stay with my family for Christmas. I just got back from two weeks in the States with my fiance, very exciting trip, we went to the Blink 182/Weezer concert in Connecticut, and I got mugged! (almost... he tried to grab my laptop and I wouldn't let go!) And to think I'm going to go live in such a crazy place for the sake of love... :lol:

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.