MelissaJulian

May 2009 filers -- post here!!!

1,211 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I got my NOA2 today, my NOA1 was dated the 19th May :) So its a very happy day in my house considering I have food poisoning and ran from the bathroom screaming and jumping to tell everyone possible. :)

12/31/2009 - Married

01/08/2010- Mailed in AOS

01/13/2010- AOS received and sent back due to missing signature

01/22/2010- AOS arrives back at my house, signed, sent off again

01/27/2010- Receipt number given, huzzahhh! NOA1

01/29/2010- Money taken out :'(

02/02/2010- Touch

02/06/2010- Biometrics Appointment, 16th Feb at 2:00pm .... Also happens to be my 21st Birthday!!

02/07/2010- Sent in Medical to Chicago office

02/09/2010- Got a RFE for medical.....Sent reply letter 2 days earlier due to forgetting to include vaccination data.

02/10/2010- Sent a 2nd copy of medical to MO office.

02/16/2010- 21st birthday, Biometrics done, and a letter saying my case is on "hold" from the 7th of Feb, in a email...

02/17/2010- Touch

02/23/2010- Letter to congressman

02/24/2010- RFE Received and processing resumed.

02/25/2010- Case transferred to CSC

03/24/2010- Work permit printed

03/28/2010- Work permit received (After writing to the congressman...Again...)

07/01/2010- Call to Senator about Green card, Call to USCIS, Nothing... Told to wait another 2 months and then possibly another 4 months.

07/01/2010- Touch on I-485/Green card...

07/02/2010- Second touch on I-485/Green card, No notifications....

07/07/2010- Told at info pass that my application is being sent to west palm from CSC

07/10/2010- Touch I-485

07/14/2010- Touch on I-485

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my NOA2 today, my NOA1 was dated the 19th May :) So its a very happy day in my house considering I have food poisoning and ran from the bathroom screaming and jumping to tell everyone possible. :)

Oh fun.

Just don't throw up when you're jumping, that'd not be pretty :lol:

Get better soon.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yep, another story for the grand kids, don't read your email while lying on the bathroom tiles feeling sick...Awesome :D But somehow I feel magically better!

12/31/2009 - Married

01/08/2010- Mailed in AOS

01/13/2010- AOS received and sent back due to missing signature

01/22/2010- AOS arrives back at my house, signed, sent off again

01/27/2010- Receipt number given, huzzahhh! NOA1

01/29/2010- Money taken out :'(

02/02/2010- Touch

02/06/2010- Biometrics Appointment, 16th Feb at 2:00pm .... Also happens to be my 21st Birthday!!

02/07/2010- Sent in Medical to Chicago office

02/09/2010- Got a RFE for medical.....Sent reply letter 2 days earlier due to forgetting to include vaccination data.

02/10/2010- Sent a 2nd copy of medical to MO office.

02/16/2010- 21st birthday, Biometrics done, and a letter saying my case is on "hold" from the 7th of Feb, in a email...

02/17/2010- Touch

02/23/2010- Letter to congressman

02/24/2010- RFE Received and processing resumed.

02/25/2010- Case transferred to CSC

03/24/2010- Work permit printed

03/28/2010- Work permit received (After writing to the congressman...Again...)

07/01/2010- Call to Senator about Green card, Call to USCIS, Nothing... Told to wait another 2 months and then possibly another 4 months.

07/01/2010- Touch on I-485/Green card...

07/02/2010- Second touch on I-485/Green card, No notifications....

07/07/2010- Told at info pass that my application is being sent to west palm from CSC

07/10/2010- Touch I-485

07/14/2010- Touch on I-485

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I emailed the consulate today requesting an email when they scheduled the interview date. Bryan faxed his packet 3 information this morning and then I sent the email shortly after.

Within an hour I received this:

Hello,

We have scheduled your fiancé's interview for 17 September 2009 at 1:00 pm and we are in process of mailing his interview letter. Please make sure he bring all original documents along with their photocopies as requested on the checklist on the day of his appointment.

Thank you.

K Visa Unit

Vancouver, BC

:dance:

That is crazy quick. Getting the NOA2 was fast for me, but everything after that is going really slow. Kha Han requested for a police report and it "might" be ready in October. Once that is available, then Kha Han will have to figure out when to pick it up so I guess sending packet 3 is on hold, but we might send it off in a week anyways and hope she can get the police report before the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I emailed the consulate today requesting an email when they scheduled the interview date. Bryan faxed his packet 3 information this morning and then I sent the email shortly after.

Hello,

We have scheduled your fiancé's interview for 17 September 2009 at 1:00 pm and we are in process of mailing his interview letter. Please make sure he bring all original documents along with their photocopies as requested on the checklist on the day of his appointment.

Thank you.

K Visa Unit

Vancouver, BC

That is crazy quick. Getting the NOA2 was fast for me, but everything after that is going really slow. Kha Han requested for a police report and it "might" be ready in October. Once that is available, then Kha Han will have to figure out when to pick it up so I guess sending packet 3 is on hold, but we might send it off in a week anyways and hope she can get the police report before the interview.

Don't worry you are almst there. October is not that bad at all for your interview. I will be lucky if my fiance gets his in November.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm sooo upset , where is my NOA2 (((( No touches, nothing ( I know that is early (NOA1 from 05\28\09), but whatever )))

Really afraid that is our second petition, maybe it could be some troubles bc of it...((((

And thus starts the long weekend.

Visa progress hiatus till Tuesday :(

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello,

Thank you.

K Visa Unit

Vancouver, BC

Don't worry you are almst there. October is not that bad at all for your interview. I will be lucky if my fiance gets his in November.

Oh, what I meant is that the police report might be ready by October then once it is ready Kha Han might have to wait 4 - 5 more weeks to pick it up so she might not be able to pick up the police report until the end of October or early November. So if she returns packet 3 soon, it will be a gamble on whether or not she will have it on time. Hopefully you have your interview in November. =D

Edited by Bob-KhaHan

Timeline
I'm sooo upset , where is my NOA2 (((( No touches, nothing ( I know that is early (NOA1 from 05\28\09), but whatever )))

Really afraid that is our second petition, maybe it could be some troubles bc of it...((((

Maybe, but there are other people who still have not got approved either. Just hang in there. I am sure your NOA2 will come soon.

:lol:...gosh I really wish I did not get an RFE. I am not going to wish for anything anymore. I think I was asking for trouble when I said I am even happy with an RFE. :lol:

Timeline

Hello,

Thank you.

K Visa Unit

Vancouver, BC

Oh, what I meant is that the police report might be ready by October then once it is ready Kha Han might have to wait 4 - 5 more weeks to pick it up so she might not be able to pick up the police report until the end of October or early November. So if she returns packet 3 soon, it will be a gamble on whether or not she will have it on time. Hopefully you have your interview in November. =D

Oh ok...I hope its sooner than later. You got approved way before any one of the May filers. I though you would have your interview in October. But, I understand how difficult it is to obtain documents so fast. Believe me I know. Everything here in US is so easy to obtain. Its so much difficult in other countries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Maybe, but there are other people who still have not got approved either. Just hang in there. I am sure your NOA2 will come soon.

Of course, I know that there are a lot of ppl who waiting for theirs NOA2 and I upset for them also ((

And happy for ppl who are approved )

Dont mind on me , just tired to wait ((

Thanks and sorry my English )

Timeline

Of course, I know that there are a lot of ppl who waiting for theirs NOA2 and I upset for them also ((

And happy for ppl who are approved )

Dont mind on me , just tired to wait ((

Thanks and sorry my English )

No, its ok I understand. Just trying to tell you that if you were the last 4 left than I would start to worry. But, they still have not completely finished May 09. I am sure you will get yours very soon!!! I know its hard not to worry I do the same :).

Filed: Timeline

Congrats !!! question -- ur NOA2 was dated May 19 but why did t take 2 months to put it in system ? Did u request expedited processing based on error of late input since March 11?

Timeline

I have this feeling that that second touch was your approval, and if they will touch it one more time that could be your hardcopy of your approval. Because your RFE was a very simple one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.