MelissaJulian

May 2009 filers -- post here!!!

1,211 posts in this topic

This was my RFE:

Please submit legible copy of divorce decree from civil authorities with proof of filing.

This was an original from India, and it was very legible. But, now I have to get another one from India and its going to take 1 to 2 weeks.

Yeah, and since it is from a foreign country I guess it has to be perfect :(. I am actually thinking of making an infopass appointment and take the copy of the documents I submitted so an immigration officer can tell me exactly what they found wrong. I don't want to take any risks.

(F) Hang in there. You will get it soon. Just a matter of time. You and all the rest as with Rhiann too (F)

:thumbs: two weeks not so bad .be here be for you know. wishing you best of luck the rest of the way.

I got interveiw for sept.28 manila

Wow that was fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the fast interview!

You guys in the Philippines are so lucky.

Your consulates actually have a good system when it comes to interviews.

There's some people in the Canadian section who submited package 3 in July and havn't been assigned interviews.

I don't even think Montreal has a system :lol:

Well, thanks to it I might not get my visa interview till January.

Which wouldn't be so bad. Then my fiance could come.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

A quick update: Fiance received his Packet 3 in the mail yesterday, but didn't get home early enough to get it sent off yesterday. He'll fax it this morning with a requested interview date of 9-17-09. We'll see how accommodating Vancouver is for quick interview dates!

I'm really starting to get excited... he might be here in just a few weeks! Though I have TONS to do- his parents are driving him down so my house has to be presentable for the future in-laws!

K-1 process:

05-05-2009: Mailed I-129F

05-15-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: Check cashed

08-19-2009: NOA2 Email

08-24-2009: NOA2 Hardcopy

08-24-2009: NVC In

08-26-2009: NVC Out

08-28-2009: Consulate Received

09-03-2009: Packet 3 Received

09-04-2009: Packet 3 Returned (via fax)

09-04-2009: Interview date (by email)

09-08-2009: Packet 4 received

09-16-2009: Medical Appointment

09-17-2009: Interview

09-22-2009: Visa in hand

10-20-2009?: POE

10-31-2009: Legal marriage

05-22-2010: <3 Our wedding <3

Our wait is almost over <3

A quick update: Fiance received his Packet 3 in the mail yesterday, but didn't get home early enough to get it sent off yesterday. He'll fax it this morning with a requested interview date of 9-17-09. We'll see how accommodating Vancouver is for quick interview dates!

I'm really starting to get excited... he might be here in just a few weeks! Though I have TONS to do- his parents are driving him down so my house has to be presentable for the future in-laws!

WOW!!! That was pretty fast. I will still have to wait like a month to even begin to call and ask if it has been sent. Good luck.

Sandi

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 05/16/09

I-129F Received: 05/19/09

I-129 NOA2: 08/24/09

NVC Received : 08/24/09

NVC Left : 8/26/09

Consulate Received : 08/31/09

Packet 3 Sent :10/01/09

Letter from Congresswoman: 10/02/09

Official Letter: 10/13/09

Medical: 11/02/09

Interview: 11/04/09

Visa Approved: 11/04/09

AOS approved: 04/21/10

ROC sent: 01/25/12

ROC received: 01/27/12 and signed

Check cashed: 01/31/12

NOA hard copy received: 02/03/12

Biometrics:02/17/12

ROC approved:6/25/12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

We got our NOA2 this past Tuesday (Sept 1) ... 107 days from NOA1. What a wonderful feeling! Good luck to all of you who still haven't received yours. ... can someone tell me how do you update your timeline?

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Timeline
:time: please

I would if I knew how

I have a lot of trouble with this site ... takes too long to figure out how to do everything

Event Date

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Timeline

in fact, now when I click on my timeline, it appears to be someone else's timeline ... I would love to participate in these forums, but really I don't have so many hours to spend knowing how to use this site. It should be simpler.

Event Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys I am really worried about my RFE. I requested the documents from India, but what if it is not suffice. Sorry, just wish things were a little bit more simple. Could they deny my pettion then?

:crying:

Edited by Starlight95

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I emailed the consulate today requesting an email when they scheduled the interview date. Bryan faxed his packet 3 information this morning and then I sent the email shortly after.

Within an hour I received this:

Hello,

We have scheduled your fiancé's interview for 17 September 2009 at 1:00 pm and we are in process of mailing his interview letter. Please make sure he bring all original documents along with their photocopies as requested on the checklist on the day of his appointment.

Thank you.

K Visa Unit

Vancouver, BC

:dance:

K-1 process:

05-05-2009: Mailed I-129F

05-15-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: Check cashed

08-19-2009: NOA2 Email

08-24-2009: NOA2 Hardcopy

08-24-2009: NVC In

08-26-2009: NVC Out

08-28-2009: Consulate Received

09-03-2009: Packet 3 Received

09-04-2009: Packet 3 Returned (via fax)

09-04-2009: Interview date (by email)

09-08-2009: Packet 4 received

09-16-2009: Medical Appointment

09-17-2009: Interview

09-22-2009: Visa in hand

10-20-2009?: POE

10-31-2009: Legal marriage

05-22-2010: <3 Our wedding <3

Our wait is almost over <3

Timeline
I emailed the consulate today requesting an email when they scheduled the interview date. Bryan faxed his packet 3 information this morning and then I sent the email shortly after.

Hello,

We have scheduled your fiancé's interview for 17 September 2009 at 1:00 pm and we are in process of mailing his interview letter. Please make sure he bring all original documents along with their photocopies as requested on the checklist on the day of his appointment.

Thank you.

K Visa Unit

Vancouver, BC

Wow that was fast!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow! That was superfast!! And yeaaaa wow, your interview is so soon, in a way I kinda feel good about it taking a while for Montreal LOL (though don't want it to be TOO long!) so that I can feel more prepared and save up some more money! Consulate received our papers on Aug 27th, and I am patiently waiting to get packet 3 in the mail. I emailed the Montreal consulate and got an automated FAQ back, then a human reply 2 days later ~ and they didn't even really answer my question or bother to look up my case number to see if they sent out packet 3 to me yet.

Edited by herestoUS

Hello,

Thank you.

K Visa Unit

Vancouver, BC

Wow, now if only Montreal would do that :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline
This was my RFE:

Please submit legible copy of divorce decree from civil authorities with proof of filing.

This was an original from India, and it was very legible. But, now I have to get another one from India and its going to take 1 to 2 weeks.

Yeah, and since it is from a foreign country I guess it has to be perfect :(. I am actually thinking of making an infopass appointment and take the copy of the documents I submitted so an immigration officer can tell me exactly what they found wrong. I don't want to take any risks.

(F) Hang in there. You will get it soon. Just a matter of time. You and all the rest as with Rhiann too (F)

:thumbs: two weeks not so bad .be here be for you know. wishing you best of luck the rest of the way.

I got interveiw for sept.28 manila

Wow that was fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the fast interview!

You guys in the Philippines are so lucky.

Your consulates actually have a good system when it comes to interviews.

There's some people in the Canadian section who submited package 3 in July and havn't been assigned interviews.

I don't even think Montreal has a system :lol:

Well, thanks to it I might not get my visa interview till January.

Which wouldn't be so bad. Then my fiance could come.

Don't worry I am probably in the same boat. My fiance will not get his interview unti January either, because of the delay due to my RFE.

Huh, my case got touched today.

Interesting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.