MelissaJulian

May 2009 filers -- post here!!!

1,211 posts in this topic

My fiance and I talk through the call feature on msn. I find it helpful so I dont have to have Skype up.

Especially since for about 2 years I had dial up :wacko:

I send him snail mail from time to time and I send him cards for special occasions.

We've also seen each other 6 times in the past 2 years or so, so I really don't think I could be denied, even with a silly POE denial stalking me in the shadows. :lol:

It's the #1 thing I worry about.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I'll probably check the tracking # for the package tomorrow.

I see no sense in doing it today.

I am sure it if was me, I probably would have checked today as well. :lol:

I just checked it and it's still in the same place he dropped it off at. :lol:

It was picked up, so it'll probably be delivered tomorrow.

LOL, if it was me too i'd be checking it every hour :wacko:

thanks everyone!! i'm starting to gather evidences and such.. it is decided that he will come to the phils 2 days before my interview and he will be there with me. i heard that they won't even ask for any additional proof of ongoing relationship if the US citizen is there with.

i dont know what other proof they'd need from me, by that time, it will have been the 3RD TIME he's with me. lol. we dont email each other and well my fiance kinda doesn't want to give them copies of our IM's (but im going to print out a few, better sure than sorry) and we dont send anything snail mail. we use skype to call each other

and i saw from VJ website a call log extractor for skype.

HERE'S THE POST http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=215292

and HERE'S THE SITE: http://www.amperordirect.com/pc/r-skype-vo...e-call-log.html

hope that helps!

and hang in there starlight, it will be alright. (wow that rhymes lol)kinda sucks that it has to be through your lawyer... the wait is excruciating!! lol

rhiann, im sure your NOA will be in the mail soon.

:luv:

hang in there starlight, it will be alright.

That is so cute :lol:... yes it sucks going through a lawyer. Yes, I agree the wait is excruciating. I find myself every so often having a RFE moment. :lol: I think if your fiance is going to be with you that will me the most important evidence. I would not worry about the interview. Just look forward to your wedding day :). I think once I get my NOA2 that is when I am going to actually start my wedding stuff. Than hopefully we can all talk about wedding stuff.

jeez, dont get me started on worrying about the wedding :wacko: lol!

and about worrying for the interview, i heard that the consulates here in the phils are kinda strict and meticulous when it comes to proof of relationship. jason said "baby OMFG chillax! it will be ok!" :lol: i started gathering paperworks and making a list of what he needs to send to me.

also, i have read a few threads talking about buying round trip tickets for the benificiary. is it true that we HAVE to have a round trip ticket 'cause i cant purchase one-way from the phils to the US? kinda confusing. i think its kinda early for me to worry about this but we wanna purchase tickets sooner rather than later, since it will be cheaper. but i also know that it's advisable NOT to do that until the visa is issued.

now i know why we get a long well -- WORRY FREAKS :bonk:

Edited by Mystic Heart

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 22 -- Interview @USEM

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Nov 10 -- US Entry ; POE: Seattle, WA

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Feb 11 -- [i-485] AOS; EAD; AP sent

Feb 19 -- NOA1 : AOS, EAD, AP

Feb 23 -- NOA 2: AOS & EAD

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

Apr 09 -- EAD Approval date - waiting for hardcopy

Apr 18 -- EAD Card received

Apr 20 -- NOA 2 - interview schedule

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

June 11 -- Wedding Ceremony ^^

"There are two kinds of people in this world:

Those that play hopscotch and sing in the shower..

And those that lie alone at night with tears in their eyes."

"Hopscotch and Tears" by Becka Woolf, Chickensoup for the Teenage Soul

Timeline

and about worrying for the interview, i heard that the consulates here in the phils are kinda strict and meticulous when it comes to proof of relationship. jason said "baby OMFG chillax! it will be ok!" :lol: i started gathering paperworks and making a list of what he needs to send to me.

also, i have read a few threads talking about buying round trip tickets for the benificiary. is it true that we HAVE to have a round trip ticket 'cause i cant purchase one-way from the phils to the US? kinda confusing. i think its kinda early for me to worry about this but we wanna purchase tickets sooner rather than later, since it will be cheaper. but i also know that it's advisable NOT to do that until the visa is issued.

Its funny my fiance was telling me this afternoon that should not worry and the RFE is probably something meaningless. Men seem to have a lot of patience, or they just don't express it as we do. Don't buy a round trip ticket, and that is false what those threads say. I have only seen people get a one way ticket. Just hold off buying the tickets for now. You will DEFINITELY pass the interview, but you don't know when you will get the date for the interview.

I thought I would focus my mind on the wedding to get my mind off the rest of the process. Yes, it could be stressful, but right now that is the last thing I am worried about.

I agree that is why we all get a long.

Edited by Starlight95

Its funny my fiance was telling me this afternoon that should not worry and the RFE is probably something meaningless. Men seem to have a lot of patience, or they just don't express it as we do. Don't buy a round trip ticket, and that is false what those threads say. I have only seen people get a one way ticket. Just hold off buying the tickets for now. You will DEFINITELY pass the interview, but you don't know when you will get the date for the interview.

I thought I would focus my mind on the wedding to get my mind off the rest of the process. Yes, it could be stressful, but right now that is the last thing I am worried about.

well im sure the RFE is something meaningless!! and no i dont think its patience in my fiance's case. its overconfidence :lol: yeah i think i will hold the booking of the flight. should i call in for the schedule of the interview ? im getting worked up on this again lol. and yeah. focus on the wedding for now. where will it be held?

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

I think you guys in the Philippines are lucky, you get to book interviews... though I'm thankful I have an easier medical.

I have to wait for them to assign me an interview date, and they can take upwards of 3 months... since only two consulates in Canada do K-1s and the one I go to is the only one that does CR-1/IR-1 making it even more busy.

Oh Canada, you'd think we'd have more people working at those places.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline

well im sure the RFE is something meaningless!! and no i dont think its patience in my fiance's case. its overconfidence :lol: yeah i think i will hold the booking of the flight. should i call in for the schedule of the interview ? im getting worked up on this again lol. and yeah. focus on the wedding for now. where will it be held?

Well, its definitely going to be in Cali, USA :lol:. But not sure about the location. I just want a more simple ceremony with a few family and friends. But, I want it to be nice.

Hmm...maybe its over confidence on my fiance's part as well. That might explain him not even worried about the interview. I emailed him what he needs to know about the consulate and he did not even ask any questions. One would think he should be worried. I feel like I am the one that is going to be getting the interview :lol:.

Timeline
I think you guys in the Philippines are lucky, you get to book interviews... though I'm thankful I have an easier medical.

I have to wait for them to assign me an interview date, and they can take upwards of 3 months... since only two consulates in Canada do K-1s and the one I go to is the only one that does CR-1/IR-1 making it even more busy.

Well, at least your medical is going to be easy. How far is Toronto from Montreal? I have been to Toronto to visit cousins, and they are famous for a coffee place called Second Cup. Do you have those in Montreal as well?

Well, at least your medical is going to be easy. How far is Toronto from Montreal? I have been to Toronto to visit cousins, and they are famous for a coffee place called Second Cup. Do you have those in Montreal as well?

Second Cup is all over the place.

Not as all over the place as Tim Hortons, but they're decently common.

Montreal is like a 6 hour train ride from Toronto, I think.

I'm not 100% sure, but it's a pretty long train ride.

Timeline

So I guess its a Canadian's Starbucks :lol:.

Wow that is so far. Have not heard of Tim Hortons, but probably cuz I can not remember it.

Edited by Starlight95

So I guess its a Canadian's Starbucks :lol:.

Wow that is so far. Have not heard of Tim Hortons, butprobably can not remember it.

Hm. I'm not sure if I'd compare Second Cup to Starbucks.

I havn't had either in ages and I don't really want to pay alot of money for drinks... so I stick with Tim Hortons.

And Tim Hortons is extremely common here. My city's about 50 000 people and we have 8 + the one for the Toyota Car Manufacturing Plant employees right in their building :lol:

Well, its definitely going to be in Cali, USA :lol:. But not sure about the location. I just want a more simple ceremony with a few family and friends. But, I want it to be nice.

Hmm...maybe its over confidence on my fiance's part as well. That might explain him not even worried about the interview. I emailed him what he needs to know about the consulate and he did not even ask any questions. One would think he should be worried. I feel like I am the one that is going to be getting the interview :lol:.

lmao, told you, its the XX chromosomes that made us worry freaks :lol: i have been reading threads on common questions they ask. i know pretty much everything about him so i guess i shouldn't be worried on the interview. lol.

rhiann, lucky on the medical thing. i will go to my doctor tomorrow for some lab tests to see if there's anything wrong before i go to the medical for the visa. yes girls, i can be that OC. :lol:

good luck to us ^^

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

Timeline

Stay tuned in an hour as the attorney office has not checked their mail since yesterday :(. So, it could be there my RFE sitting in their mailbox. I am crossing my fingers.

Edited by Starlight95

Seems my RFE was delivered and accepted.

Now I just need to wait for an update.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.