MelissaJulian

May 2009 filers -- post here!!!

1,211 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Is it too soon for me to call DOS to see if Vancouver received our file? Do I just tell them my I-129F case number or is there a new case number that has been assigned?

Thanks! Congrats to all the recent approvals! :thumbs:

Have you called NVC to see if your file has been received and shipped?

Yes. NVC shipped it on Aug. 26 and it should've been in Vancouver Aug. 27, according to DHL tracking.

I don't know if the consulate uses a private courier or Canada Post but I live in Vancouver so I hope to get Packet 3 next week.

AOS

Feb 26 NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

May 1 EAD approved

May 11 AOS approved

May 24 EAD received

June 7 GC received

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My precious baby Arbind sent the I-129F on May 29 (Friday) this year and received the NOA1 on June 01 (Monday).

We spotted a touch with the date 08/25/09 but no e-mail update.

Oh well, the e-mail doesn't seem to matter at all because my sugar plum got the NOA2 hard copy on Friday around 5 p.m. (Santa Monica time).

Glory be to the loving kindness of God! :dance:

FAE :luv:

Edited by Arbind.Ariadne
17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Wow, only 85 days?

You guys on the east side of the world seem to be blessed with fast NOA2s :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i happy for all of u may filers got ur noa2 or rfe but im so mad that nothing has happen to ours , i'm burning up inside when because of all of u getting something, i tell u what this isnt fair and i thought i was living in america and things our done fairly, but i'm losing my faith, i would do anything to get our noa2 so i can start my life with the love of my life, i read on here how ppl r fighting and leave each other or they r mad at their future spouse or plain just using then, but our love is real and al i want is my fiancee home with me and my girls, so for all of u who r fight or not getting along, think about us ppl who want to be together but cant cause they (csc) cant get their axxes moving, sorry if it seem i'm pissed, well i am and i cant stand it any more. i know theres nothing any of u can do about this but i need to get it off my chest,

Don't worry, we all need to let it out from time to time.

I hope you get something soon. It's not a good feeling to be left hanging.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline

u have no idea of what i've been threw, letting it out isnt the beginning of it, at less u got an rfe, our file has never been touch, i call uscis and they were useless,all i wanted to know if they still had our file or was it misplace but all they coud tell me is to call back after 5 months, unbeliveable ,its getting to a point that i'm getting to need some help of how upset i'm getting, its not right that i finally found my soul mate and we cant be together, we have been threw so much in our life and then we found each other and being together lots has happened to us, i really cant stand it any more and if i see one more june person gets their im going to scream

Wow, only 85 days?

Initially, I was even quite apprehensive because when I was new here at VJ, I have noticed that people from the UK and Canada get approved really fast.

When I found our touch with the date 08/25/09 and days passed by without any e-mail, I told my fiance hours ago what if they are still investigating how he reached the States. His family moved from India to the U.S. when he was three years old. I was whining like what if they prioritize those who were born in the U.S. with American parents. So silly of me! That touch on 08/25/09 was actually the date when the hard copy was mailed to my precious baby.

Time to take a break from thinking about all these matters. Give it more faith. I prayed a lot, too, even when I started to lose confidence due to no change in status after the touch.

It's good to be wrong once in a while.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Timeline
Wow, only 85 days?

Initially, I was even quite apprehensive because when I was new here at VJ, I have noticed that people from the UK and Canada get approved really fast.

When I found our touch with the date 08/25/09 and days passed by without any e-mail, I told my fiance hours ago what if they are still investigating how he reached the States. His family moved from India to the U.S. when he was three years old. I was whining like what if they prioritize those who were born in the U.S. with American parents. So silly of me! That touch on 08/25/09 was actually the date when the hard copy was mailed to my precious baby.

Time to take a break from thinking about all these matters. Give it more faith. I prayed a lot, too, even when I started to lose confidence due to no change in status after the touch.

i have stop thinking about it for awhile, my daughter got married last saturday and for the past month i was busy w/that and that kept me from thinking about it, i pray every day, i go to church, i'm always helping ppl cause thats who i am but i feel like i'm being punish, we our both good hard working ppl and all i want is jay home cause i'm even a better person when he is here, he brings the best out of me

Timeline
Wow, only 85 days?

i have stop thinking about it for awhile, my daughter got married last saturday and for the past month i was busy w/that and that kept me from thinking about it, i pray every day, i go to church, i'm always helping ppl cause thats who i am but i feel like i'm being punish, we our both good hard working ppl and all i want is jay home cause i'm even a better person when he is here, he brings the best out of me

oh well life goes on, i just know i;m being hated for doing something in my past

u have no idea of what i've been threw, letting it out isnt the beginning of it, at less u got an rfe, our file has never been touch, i call uscis and they were useless,all i wanted to know if they still had our file or was it misplace but all they coud tell me is to call back after 5 months, unbeliveable ,its getting to a point that i'm getting to need some help of how upset i'm getting, its not right that i finally found my soul mate and we cant be together, we have been threw so much in our life and then we found each other and being together lots has happened to us, i really cant stand it any more and if i see one more june person gets their im going to scream

My file was never touched before my RFE.

I'm not even happy to get the RFE. I'm quite pissed about it, since my fiance paid 200 dollars for a "professional" to do it and they messed it up.

Nothing happened to mine until 3 months and 11 days later. That's approx 101 (give or take) some days.

Trust me, I was getting irritated with the CSC too.

I get irritated seeing people approved in less than 90 days, but I know *I can't do anything*.

The CSC works in weird ways, and they don't want it disturbed. There's no use fighting the government, sadly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm not even happy to get the RFE. I'm quite pissed about it, since my fiance paid 200 dollars for a "professional" to do it and they messed it up.

Nothing happened to mine until 3 months and 11 days later. That's approx 101 (give or take) some days.

I get irritated seeing people approved in less than 90 days, but I know *I can't do anything*.

The CSC works in weird ways, and they don't want it disturbed. There's no use fighting the government, sadly.

I think they are just doing random checks, and I am sure just like our fellow filers with RFE's they might ask something we may already have submitted. I am sure once we submit what they want we will be approved. Look on the bright side there are fellow May 09 filers who have not even gotten touched. At least our file is being reviewed, and I am glad I got a RFE in 3 months rather than 4 months later. My fiance has been so patient through this whole process. I make it a point not to let him know my frustration because he has been so understanding about the whole process. I updated him that we got an RFE and that means we will be getting an approval shortly once we submit what they need. I did not think we would hear something until October so this is definitely good that I got this RFE now rather than later.

Timeline

I think they are just doing random checks, and I am sure just like our fellow filers with RFE's they might ask something we may already have submitted. I am sure once we submit what they want we will be approved. Look on the bright side there are fellow May 09 filers who have not even gotten touched. At least our file is being reviewed, and I am glad I got a RFE in 3 months rather than 4 months later. My fiance has been so patient through this whole process. I make it a point not to let him know my frustration because he has been so understanding about the whole process. I updated him that we got an RFE and that means we will be getting an approval shortly once we submit what they need. I did not think we would hear something until October so this is definitely good that I got this RFE now rather than later.

well good for u and if u read back to what i wrote earlier i havent got any thing no touch no rfe and no help from uscis i'm just hanging over a cliff waiting for uscis to catch me , if u get my drift, well i guess i'll cry myself to sleep like i have been for the past week, i try to be strong and when i talk to my guy i'm strong with him but i know me and i know i'm going to lose it soon and he will see it soon, if i had more vacation time i've be visiting him now but i dont so i cant, and FYI i'm a government employee and i have background check done all the time so i cant see why they r taking so long with my case

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

well good for u and if u read back to what i wrote earlier i havent got any thing no touch no rfe and no help from uscis i'm just hanging over a cliff waiting for uscis to catch me , if u get my drift, well i guess i'll cry myself to sleep like i have been for the past week, i try to be strong and when i talk to my guy i'm strong with him but i know me and i know i'm going to lose it soon and he will see it soon, if i had more vacation time i've be visiting him now but i dont so i cant, and FYI i'm a government employee and i have background check done all the time so i cant see why they r taking so long with my case

Have you considered just calling your local congressman? Just write a letter and let them know if they can at least follow up and let you know where your case is at. I am sure most here will tell you this is too early in the stage, but you have proof on VJ that everybody is getting approved with the same timeline. I would consider this point in my lettter. This is time to take action and don't wait when its like 4 months. This is my two cents because it would be just peace of mind to know that my case is in someones hand. Let me know if you need help drafting a letter or something. I can give you ideas.

We're only trying to support you.

I'm sorry it's not helping, but we're trying anyway.

I waited just as long as you have so far for anything.

It's just a matter of more waiting.

I've already waited years, since my fiance wasn't a USC until recently... and I know I have to wait more. It's worth it in the end.

Timeline

Have you considered just calling your local congressman? Just write a letter and let them know if they can at least follow up and let you know where your case is at. I am sure most here will tell you this is too early in the stage, but you have proof on VJ that everybody is getting approved with the same timeline. I would consider this point in my lettter. This is time to take action and don't wait when its like 4 months. This is my two cents because it would be just peace of mind to know that my case is in someones hand. Let me know if you need help drafting a letter or something. I can give you ideas.

yes ty i was going to write my congressman this weekend and any tips u can give me will help, i'm mad cause i told myself on sunday i would wait to friday to get my noa2 and if i didnt iwas going to write him a letter to help me out, i'm just fustated cause there's not to many more of may filers who hasnt gotten their noa2,and yes i do know u all r trying to make me feel better but its very hard when finally in my life i'm doing something that i know will better me and i dont have control over it , yes i like to be in control of whatever i do, i like to take charge of situation but here i dont have any control, i really need to go talk to a consultor to get this off my chest oh well good nite u all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.