May 2009 filers -- post here!!!

1,211 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Sooo.... NVC says I'm in AP... :crying: Hopefully they do throw that word around alot, because now I've got no time limit to wait... no fun.

Did they tell you outright that it's in AP? I called today and they said they received our case on the 24th, that they couldn't give a time frame because each case is dealt with on a case-by-case basis. That "there will be some additional processing and our case will be forwarded to the Vancouver embassy." Was her phrase "additional processing" code for AP status?

I called back because I forgot to get the NVC case number the first go-around and mentioned having heard the phrase AP and asked if there was any indication our case was in that category, and he said it didn't look like it. I wasn't sold, though : \

K-1 process:

05-05-2009: Mailed I-129F

05-15-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: Check cashed

08-19-2009: NOA2 Email

08-24-2009: NOA2 Hardcopy

08-24-2009: NVC In

08-26-2009: NVC Out

08-28-2009: Consulate Received

09-03-2009: Packet 3 Received

09-04-2009: Packet 3 Returned (via fax)

09-04-2009: Interview date (by email)

09-08-2009: Packet 4 received

09-16-2009: Medical Appointment

09-17-2009: Interview

09-22-2009: Visa in hand

10-20-2009?: POE

10-31-2009: Legal marriage

05-22-2010: <3 Our wedding <3

Our wait is almost over <3

Sooo.... NVC says I'm in AP... :crying: Hopefully they do throw that word around alot, because now I've got no time limit to wait... no fun.

Did they tell you outright that it's in AP? I called today and they said they received our case on the 24th, that they couldn't give a time frame because each case is dealt with on a case-by-case basis. That "there will be some additional processing and our case will be forwarded to the Vancouver embassy." Was her phrase "additional processing" code for AP status?

I called back because I forgot to get the NVC case number the first go-around and mentioned having heard the phrase AP and asked if there was any indication our case was in that category, and he said it didn't look like it. I wasn't sold, though : \

Yeah... AP is either Additional Processing or Administrative Processing... I've heard Administrative is the really bad one... Additional could be any timeframe.

I Just called the NVC today... they told me they sent off my packet yesterday! I was in AP for 4 days :blink: .... So, don't fret when they say Additional Processing... it could end up being really soon! :thumbs:

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Stay positive for those who are in AP, I am sure the wait is not as excruciating as the NOA2. For me still another day and not a word in regards to NOA2. I called my attorney and told them to make sure to keep an eye out for my NOA2. Just in case I get it in the mail without a single touch.

Nothing for me so far.

They're still open for another 3 hours or so though.

Man, just give me something this week.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

:crying:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WAC********

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On August 26, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

I never ever thought we'd get RFE'd.... :crying:

I knew that lawyer was a mistake.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hugs to you Rhiann. Any guess what it could be about?

Mr. and Mrs. Jaime Ferdinand Espiritu

request the honor of your presence

at the marriage of their daughter

Angelie Helena

to

Gregory William Preston

Thursday, the Fifth of November

Two Thousand and Nine

at Six O'clock in the Evening

Preston Estate

Wetherington Drive, Cincinnati

My fiance's laywer (Sorry, I'm going to keep blaming her :lol:) sent in PHOTOCOPIES of the blank G-325As I signed.

Maybe they want the actual signed ones.

I can't think of anything else.

Maybe the sworn statements of us marrying when I get to the US too. Didn't send those either.

Timeline
My fiance's laywer (Sorry, I'm going to keep blaming her :lol:) sent in PHOTOCOPIES of the blank G-325As I signed.

Maybe they want the actual signed ones.

I can't think of anything else.

Maybe the sworn statements of us marrying when I get to the US too. Didn't send those either.

It could probably be the G-325A. I am sure once you send them what they need, and you will get your approval in no time. I hope I even get a RFE :lol:. Just so I hear from them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ah ok. Those can be corrected easily :)

Mr. and Mrs. Jaime Ferdinand Espiritu

request the honor of your presence

at the marriage of their daughter

Angelie Helena

to

Gregory William Preston

Thursday, the Fifth of November

Two Thousand and Nine

at Six O'clock in the Evening

Preston Estate

Wetherington Drive, Cincinnati

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I wish I could even get an RFE at this point. Even a "touch" on my file would mean so much. I wish I even knew what it felt like to even be in AP :lol:

well how do think i feel!! everyone around us got their noa2 but nothing for me! so i call uscis and all they can say is wait 5 months, this is so hard to handle!! i wish we got a touch or even a rfe then i would know they have our file, i feel like they lost ours. i really don't understand csc system. uscis just told me that some cases are harder than other, but i think my case is easy, i make very good money, i have a government job so they are always doing a background check and neither him or i have any kind of crimmal background( the last time i got a speed ticket it was 15years ago), so how can so many ppl after us gets their noa2, all i do is cry about this or i just want to go outside and scream!!! well thanks for listening to me. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I kind of question how she filled them out though.

Guess we'll see when we get the hard copy.

Thankfully my fiance lives in California, so it should be in his mailbox by Saturday :lol:

Timeline
I wish I could even get an RFE at this point. Even a "touch" on my file would mean so much. I wish I even knew what it felt like to even be in AP :lol:

well how do think i feel!! everyone around us got their noa2 but nothing for me! so i call uscis and all they can say is wait 5 months, this is so hard to handle!! i wish we got a touch or even a rfe then i would know they have our file, i feel like they lost ours. i really don't understand csc system. uscis just told me that some cases are harder than other, but i think my case is easy, i make very good money, i have a government job so they are always doing a background check and neither him or i have any kind of crimmal background( the last time i got a speed ticket it was 15years ago), so how can so many ppl after us gets their noa2, all i do is cry about this or i just want to go outside and scream!!! well thanks for listening to me. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I hear you on that. I am getting so nervous and impatient. According, to VJ estimated timeline I still have a few more days to get really upset. But, still one or two people with a NOA1 date later than mine got approved. I am very discouraged with this process. I have only gotten a speeding ticket and just like you that was years ago. My fiance and I have no criminal background. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Hopefully, yours will come by tomorrow or Friday. I will keep my fingers crossed. Hang in there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.