MelissaJulian

May 2009 filers -- post here!!!

1,211 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
We received our letter from the NVC today saying that our petition was forwarded to the Embassy in Dhaka. :)

We are really in shock how quickly ours has been processed. We do wonder if it has anything to do with the extremely low number of K-1 applications for Bangladesh and also that I am a Designated School Official in SEVIS at a public university working with F-1 international students. I think they did background work on me before I was given authorization for that. Maybe it was a combination of luck and those things.

Good luck to all of you. Your time is coming. :)

I always wondered how they processed applications. I mean does one officer is designated to certain consulates, and they keep them all together. I guess they just process them in the order they recieve them, and it does not hurt to work for the government.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
SCFsnoopy, your dog is so cute (L)

Thank you :) He's a real sweetheart. Pedigree, papered, show-winning pug, got him for $1000 because he broke his hip and his owner/shower wanted to retire him to a good home (he was only 1 year at the time). Even though he doesn't have a real hip joint anymore - his hip works like a spring socket with tendons and muscle holding the joint together rather than bone - you can barely tell and he's the happiest, spunkiest dog I've ever met. Going to cost me a bucketload to fly him over to the States but he's worth it!

I've been watching us creep further and further up Igor's list this week :) It's heartening! Go VSC!!

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

Timeline
SCFsnoopy, your dog is so cute (L)

Thank you :) He's a real sweetheart. Pedigree, papered, show-winning pug, got him for $1000 because he broke his hip and his owner/shower wanted to retire him to a good home (he was only 1 year at the time). Even though he doesn't have a real hip joint anymore - his hip works like a spring socket with tendons and muscle holding the joint together rather than bone - you can barely tell and he's the happiest, spunkiest dog I've ever met. Going to cost me a bucketload to fly him over to the States but he's worth it!

I've been watching us creep further and further up Igor's list this week :) It's heartening! Go VSC!!

Yes, your service center takes the lead this week. CSC is down a few points. lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Dear fellow May filers,

my interview has been set for August 27th in Rio de Janeiro! I'm nervous BIG TIME!

Wish your processes run as smooth as mine!

K-1 TIMELINE:

05-11-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: called the Military Help Line and requested for expedite

06-04-2009: NOA2

06-14-2009: NVC letter received in the mail

07-02-2009: Packet 4 received

08-27-2009: Interview - Visa approved!

09-03-2009: visa in hands.

09-20-2009: POE - Miami

09-21-2009: we got married!

AOS TIMELINE:

05-12-2010: NOA1

06-08-2010: Case transferred to CSC

06-21-2010: Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Dear fellow May filers,

my interview has been set for August 27th in Rio de Janeiro! I'm nervous BIG TIME!

Wish your processes run as smooth as mine!

How exciting! Good luck Denise (not that you'll need it!) :)

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

Timeline

Hey they are starting to approve May 09. But, they went random on me again. They started in the middle of the month. Lets hope next week is much better than last. I would be so happy if I get mine end of August. That would be a miracle.

I'm not really hoping for anything, I havn't even gotten a touch yet.

False hope's always been the death of me :P

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not relying on touches as to when we get approved. There are people who haven't gotten any touches then all of a sudden NOA2.

Or a touch the day before NOA2.

I'm thinking end of August/beginning of September. But hope for something earlier of course!!

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Timeline

I'm not relying on touches as to when we get approved. There are people who haven't gotten any touches then all of a sudden NOA2.

Or a touch the day before NOA2.

I'm thinking end of August/beginning of September. But hope for something earlier of course!!

Hey a couple of them got approved on the same NOA1 date as your. It seems like May 13 is the lucky day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Is this a California Service Center discussion group or mixed? Those of us on the Eastern half of this country will have to wait an extra month to bring our fiance(e)s over, for some reason. I am envious, but happy for all of you CSC folks at the same time.

My USCIS case number is still not recognized by the system. I called a couple of months ago, and was forwarded to a second person in the office who confirmed for me that my case is pending and there is nothing wrong with it. To my knowledge, this means I cannot track "touches", and probably won't know anything until my envelope arrives in the mail.

Nothing else to do but keep the daily phone calls, texts and occasional yahoo chat sessions going . . . .

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Timeline
Is this a California Service Center discussion group or mixed? Those of us on the Eastern half of this country will have to wait an extra month to bring our fiance(e)s over, for some reason. I am envious, but happy for all of you CSC folks at the same time.

My USCIS case number is still not recognized by the system. I called a couple of months ago, and was forwarded to a second person in the office who confirmed for me that my case is pending and there is nothing wrong with it. To my knowledge, this means I cannot track "touches", and probably won't know anything until my envelope arrives in the mail.

Nothing else to do but keep the daily phone calls, texts and occasional yahoo chat sessions going . . . .

It's kind of mixed, but don't worry. I am sorry to hear about this. That you are unable to track your case on the system. I would really get them to go enter your case as soon as possible. You don't want them to come back to you later and tell you that your case is not in their system. Sometimes, they forget to enter it in the system, and I have read stories where cases are not looked at until the petitioner calls. See if you can just let them know how important it is that they can do this. For me it would just keep my sanity on check. On the positive note I am from a consulate where it takes quite longer to get approved who knows we may get approved at the same time. Best of luck!

Do I belong here? My fiance sent the I-129F on May 29 this year and received the NOA1 on June 1. Does this still make me a May CSC filer?

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Hm. I think most people here go by their NOA1 dates, but you can post here if you want.

You're more than welcome to!

I post in the April section because it seems to be more lively :P

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Do I belong here? My fiance sent the I-129F on May 29 this year and received the NOA1 on June 1. Does this still make me a May CSC filer?

Well if you stick with the may group you'll likely be one of the latter to get an approval but you'll get to watch all the approvals and feel sad that its not you yet excited that things are moving along.

If you go with the June filers you'll probablly be one of the first approvals and be the cause of sadness but also excitement that things are moving along.

Go whichever way makes you happy! :thumbs:

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.