MelissaJulian

May 2009 filers -- post here!!!

1,211 posts in this topic

Indeed it would.

So CSC needs to hurry up :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
My birthday's also in late November... so I would love it if we could actually spend my birthday together for the first time ever.

So, your having a ceremonial wedding in May 2010. Is that like a wedding reception?

My birthday's also in late November... so I would love it if we could actually spend my birthday together for the first time ever.

So, your having a ceremonial wedding in May 2010. Is that like a wedding reception?

Yeah. We're just going to have a non legal wedding, since we're legally getting married when I get there.

My mom is trying to push the wedding to when I enter so she can see me sign the certificate (Since it's the "Actual Marriage" to her), but I don't want a December/January wedding.

So, I hope my mom understands, or I'm not really having a family wedding.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline

Yeah. We're just going to have a non legal wedding, since we're legally getting married when I get there.

My mom is trying to push the wedding to when I enter so she can see me sign the certificate (Since it's the "Actual Marriage" to her), but I don't want a December/January wedding.

I think a Spring wedding is beautiful. I am sure she will understand as you get close to finally getting your visa. My mom is the same way, but eventually I can convince her :). Unfortunately, I am not that lucky to have the option of even having a non legal wedding at a later date. Due to cultural reasons I am going to have a wedding as soon as my fiance gets here. So, I am most likely to have a November or even December wedding. Its just going to be a few close family and friends. I want to plan so many things, but I am not going to start until he gets his approval. R u guys in the same boat with the planning of the wedding?

I think a Spring wedding is beautiful. I am sure she will understand as you get close to finally getting your visa. My mom is the same way, but eventually I can convince her :). Unfortunately, I am not that lucky to have the option of even having a non legal wedding at a later date. Due to cultural reasons I am going to have a wedding as soon as my fiance gets here. So, I am most likely to have a November or even December wedding. Its just going to be a few close family and friends. I want to plan so many things, but I am not going to start until he gets his approval. R u guys in the same boat with the planning of the wedding?

We havn't really started planning anything really.

I've got a wedding dress picked, but because my parents are paying for it, they might back out if they dont get their way on the date and I can't afford it on my own.

So who knows with that.

Only other thing we've planned so far is that it'll be outdoors. No clue where though. Haha.

I'm sure my mom will start bugging me about it when I get my NOA2 or the Interview Date.

Timeline

I've got a wedding dress picked, but because my parents are paying for it, they might back out if they dont get their way on the date and I can't afford it on my own.

So who knows with that.

Only other thing we've planned so far is that it'll be outdoors. No clue where though. Haha.

I'm sure my mom will start bugging me about it when I get my NOA2 or the Interview Date.

Well that is a better start than me :). Outdoors weddings are always so nice, and if you get your date in May the weather will be quite nice here. Just stay positive maybe when you get your NOA2 your mom might just let you go with your date. It's funny people are telling me start planning your wedding you can get your mind off the waiting, and I can't really do that because the date all depends on USCIS approval. On the brighter note the chances of not getting your NOA2 is slim, if you have met all the criteria. It's just the when that does not let you move forward. Only one more week and than they start rolling in our approvals. Yay!!!!!!!!!

So who knows with that.

Well that is a better start than me :). Outdoors weddings are always so nice, and if you get your date in May the weather will be quite nice here. Just stay positive maybe when you get your NOA2 your mom might just let you go with your date. It's funny people are telling me start planning your wedding you can get your mind off the waiting, and I can't really do that because the date all depends on USCIS approval. On the brighter note the chances of not getting your NOA2 is slim, if you have met all the criteria. It's just the when that does not let you move forward. Only one more week and than they start rolling in our approvals. Yay!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it'll be even earlier than a week, maybe ours are sneaking on top of piles somehow :lol:

And I don't expect an RFE or denial anyway.

My fiance and I have known eachother for 6 years this October... I mean.. if some couples can start talking, meet within a few months, get engaged that visit and file a few months later... I don't see any problem with mine, Haha.

Timeline

So who knows with that.

Maybe it'll be even earlier than a week, maybe ours are sneaking on top of piles somehow :lol:

And I don't expect an RFE or denial anyway.

My fiance and I have known eachother for 6 years this October... I mean.. if some couples can start talking, meet within a few months, get engaged that visit and file a few months later... I don't see any problem with mine, Haha.

Exactly!! Yours should be one of those that got approved faster. You have a point there as there are couples who get engaged first visit, and get approved, than whats wrong with our cases. lol But, yeah maybe it could be earlier than a week. They are full of surprises. Just like that one that got approved in 16 days. That was amazing.

Exactly!! Yours should be one of those that got approved faster. You have a point there as there are couples who get engaged first visit, and get approved, than whats wrong with our cases. lol But, yeah maybe it could be earlier than a week. They are full of surprises. Just like that one that got approved in 16 days. That was amazing.

Who knows. We'll have to wait and see.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Great that so many May NOA1ers have been approved so far. A bunch of oldtimers I know are amazed at the speed these days since Obama threw money at the SCs. He knows the importance, having been to many countries in the past (yes, he was born in the USA). Many are whizzing through the system as few have before.

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Great that so many May NOA1ers have been approved so far. A bunch of oldtimers I know are amazed at the speed these days since Obama threw money at the SCs. He knows the importance, having been to many countries in the past (yes, he was born in the USA). Many are whizzing through the system as few have before.

Oh I never knew he threw money at them :lol:

And yes, I know he was born in the US, I don't believe all that ####### about his birth certificate being a fraud.

Timeline

Hey thanks for visiting us May 09 filers. I think I smell a NOA2 in 3 weeks...lol. I hope your luck rubs off on us. Thanks for the insight, maybe that could explain the speed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Haha, my mum is the same! "We're all coming even if you go to town hall in a pair of jeans!" I'll just have to keep reminding her that this relationship/wedding isn't quite as straightforward as she'd like it to be and we have extra obstacles we have to hurdle in order to be together...

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

Haha, my mum is the same! "We're all coming even if you go to town hall in a pair of jeans!" I'll just have to keep reminding her that this relationship/wedding isn't quite as straightforward as she'd like it to be and we have extra obstacles we have to hurdle in order to be together...

Yeah, I wish my mom would get that too.

I don't see why she has to be so traditional in that sense when my relationship is no where near a traditional one in their eyes :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.