N-400: filled online on May 8th, 2021

Biometric Reuse Notice: May 8th, 2021
Interview: May 10th, 2022 - Interview De-Scheduled

Interview rescheduled on May 11th, 2022

New Interview: Jun 27th, 2022 - Approved 🥳

Oath Ceremony: July 14th, 2022

Filed: Other Timeline
Good news everybody!

Ahmed went for his interview today, and was approved! I've only spoken to him for a little bit, so this will be an incomplete (and probably partially inaccurate) review:

He got there for his 8 am appointment, and met with a Moroccan guard who looked over his papers. The guard noticed that he had translated the documents himself and told Ahmed he'd have to get them retranslated. He also asked for Ahmed's age and my age. (I only note this because there's a 16 year age difference between us and this was the only time in the whole interview that anyone mentioned the age difference!)

He then met with an American lady, who asked him how we met (I was in the PC), and a couple of other questions (I go through all the questions below, I just dont know the order), and then said she'd call him back again.

QUESTIONS ASKED, in order of what I remember him telling me:

-He was asked when we met (I moved to his town in 2005, we began dating in 2007, I was a Peace Corps volunteer and we met while I was teaching -English at the youth center)

-How did we communicate since I went home? (skype, he provided the skype logs, and offered a log of texts he's sent me on a free site, but she didn't want it)

-She asked if any of my friends had come to visit (he mentioned several who came, I had 15 visitors while living there, and mentioned my mom)

-She asked about my mom (he said she was nice, and that she sends him emails, and then he remembered the photo album we'd made, so he said, oh, I have a photo of her mom and me, so she took the photo album and went through the photos. he pointed out photos of us together, with friends of mine who'd visited at various times, vacations we'd taken together - there was one of us in Zagora on camels and she asked if I liked camels - and finally the photo of us and our moms)

-She asked what I did for a living (I work for the military, and she was surprised, asked if I was civilian or active duty. Ahmed didn't know, just explained what I did at my job and that I'd just started on Monday)

- She asked if I lived in Lincoln, NE (I live in Bellevue, which he knew, he thinks she was sort of testing him)

-SHe asked whether we have any wedding plans (He said we don't have any yet, because it depends on the visa, and she asked when he was coming over, and he said again, it depends on when we get the visa)

Finally, she said, congratulations, you'll get a visa, but first you have to bring us the translated documents between 2 and 330 Monday through Thursday (or something like that). Again, she said Congratulations, and gave him a slip of paper which said he had to bring in the documents, and also that he was in 221 Administrative processing. She said they would call him in a few weeks.

So he went across the street and had the documents translated for about 500dirhams (which I think is bs, I don't understand why they have to be certified, particularly if they're simple documents, I can see if you have a lot of police issues, but if al that's filled in is your name, date of birth and "nothing" to describe whether there are any issues, why do we have to spend all that money? but I digress)

He was out of the interview by noon, and was able to get the documents translated and back to the consulate on the same day.

So now, we wait for the call! but all's well!

I'll post more when I know more! whew! hooray!

Congrats!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

My husband is also 16 years younger than me and at his interview our age difference was not even mentioned or any other issues relating to it (children, etc.) - I know of another Nepali-American couple with the same age difference (older USC wife) who was also approved recently where it wasn't mentioned either - not MENA I know but OW/YM couples are also very 'untraditional' in Hindu culture as well.

You will never forget the moment when your SO tells you the great news - enjoy it!!!! :dance:

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations, Dimanuni, :thumbs:

Will be interesting to see if "a few weeks" means that, or if it ends up being sooner. I'm planning to be in Casa for my husband's interview, and I sure hope he gets his visa within a week. We're doing CR-1 so I'm hoping the checks that have been done thus far, plus the amount of time between receipt of his file (4/27) and the interview (6/16) will mean that the name checking has all been done and won't hold things up. Though I suppose they will want to take his fingerprints to put through yet another database. I want to bring him home with me but of course can't take an indefinite amount of time off work :blink:

Keep us posted.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That is such wonderful news I am happy for the both of you CONGRATULATIONS!!! i wish you a speed A/P!! I am sure you are very happy now that you are near the end!!!

AJ1 :dance::dance::dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.