stace

please i need some advice im in uk and bf is in usa we want to be together please!!!

53 posts in this topic

You can't have a K-1 visa until after you are 18 years old.

This is a very salient point. I'm not sure, though, how that rule is applied (meaning does it depend upon the marriage rules of the state that the petitioner resides in, or is this across the board?).

SA4userbar.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

When you arrive in the US...make sure you tell imigration why you are here and what your plans are. They will help you thru the next step.

Very funny DF :angry:

Ohh that is just cruel - as the OP is new she may take it literally. Please stace ignore this comment if you do that you will be sent back on a plane to UK and maybe have a ban. If you go to visit him in November - dont mention the word Boyfriend, fiance or anything about wanting to marry him - YOU are just going to visit friends thats all .

as she should be...back to her parents.

You arent advising that she should lie are you??

Well, a young single 17 yr old shows up at immigration by herself, I can assure you that they will give her special questioniong on the purpose of her trip. I put her odds at less than 50% on being admitted.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

When you arrive in the US...make sure you tell imigration why you are here and what your plans are. They will help you thru the next step.

Ohh that is just cruel - as the OP is new she may take it literally. Please stace ignore this comment if you do that you will be sent back on a plane to UK and maybe have a ban. If you go to visit him in November - dont mention the word Boyfriend, fiance or anything about wanting to marry him - YOU are just going to visit friends thats all .

Greeeat idea!!!! Lie and hope they dont catch you, especially because she is so well versed in communication skills (maybe not her fault, thinking there might be an age/language barrier?)

My suggestion is for her to CONTINUE searching myspace.com and make sure there isnt someone else she loves way, way more!

:yes:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_colom_2fawl.gif

Our History

08/01/05 - The first day of our New Relationship!

10/27/05 - Six days in Barranquilla with my Novia.

01/27/06 - A week-long vacation in Cartagena with my Novia.

03/30/06 - Five days in Barranquilla, got Engaged!

05/20/06 - Vacation and Civil Wedding in Barranquilla... Newlyweds!!!!

08/02/06 - Upcoming week in Barranquilla with my Love!

CR-1 Process (I-130)

05/30/06 - I-130 sent to USCIS Texas Service Center

06/02/06 - I-130 received by USCIS Texas Service Center

06/22/06 - NOA1 notice date

06/26/06 - NOA1 received, Check was cashed, Touched

06/27/06 - Touched

K3 Process (I-129F Spouse)

06/26/06 - I-129F sent to USCIS Chicago

06/27/06 - I-129F received by USCIS Chicago

07/??/06 - Uhhh...where is that darn NOA1?

Well, a young single 17 yr old shows up at immigration by herself, I can assure you that they will give her special questioniong on the purpose of her trip. I put her odds at less than 50% on being admitted.

I was 17 when I first visited my SO :blush: I certainly had no thoughts of marriage at the time though, that was 4 years ago!

I did get a good grilling from the immigrations officer though, who was curious as to where I got the money for the trip from, he must've thought my parents didn't care about me lol

Edit _ also knew him for about 2 years and been "with him" for one before went on the trip.

Edited by KaiserD
mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ha ha wel we did tht the other day lol, i asked him wat if i cudnt spot u at the aiport he said to me

sweetheart im 6''2 so i duno about tht lmao :-p

hes just a darling lol, in my eyes hes perfect, hes had his troubles and hes sorting them out with my and his family/friends support

stacey x

hi & welcome to visajourney! There is no charge per character typed here, so we encourage you to use real, full words for the majority of your posts. This will ensure that all members, including those who don't have "texting" as a first language, can understand what the he!! you're saying.

:)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you read my mind!

:wacko: Ok this is *Andrew* an I tried to keep how shall I put it, sensible mindset at first looking through this thread (brought to my attention from fee), but I mean I seriously have to agree with the myspace.com comment. This chick seems very immature for her age, I know our situation an ages might cause some to say thats cheek of me to say but the lot of you also know our story an maturity...

Stace,

Ok this is comming straight from my heart an totally not meant to be mean, rude, or anything which might fall within but girl what in god's green earth do you think your doing. This is the real life an not Princess Diaries or Cinderella, you may think you know the guy but you dont, my fiancee' didn't thought she knew me but even until we met face to face after over a year of constant voice connection an nearly a year of my cam never being turned off, she still didnt truely know me until we met... I Can Not Stress How Much You Should Have Someone Come With You On This Trip BECAUSE OF THE POTENTAIL DANGERS.

Don't ask but I know full damn an well how bad "older guys on the net" can get with little girls, please be careful as love is nothing if you have no life... :bonk:

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

:ot:

Stace,

Fiona here, my fiance Andrew posted above (we use the same account). I want to inform you without direct contact that I will not be responding to your PM about meeting in person. Not to be rude either but I would not put myself in the situation of meeting a total stranger when I just tried to help you, the only person I have personally met on VJ is latitudes. And even then EVEN MY parents were in the house and met HER as a friend. I'm sorry Stace but my view has totally changed with that PM and I will not be contributing my advise anymore.

Love hurts

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

You'll do anything

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

So if you had a 17 year old going off to a foreign country to meet some guy she met in a chat room.....that you would be OK with it??? gimme a break!!!!

If it was my daughter, I would be calling ICE myself to make sure that she was intercepted at the POE and returned. This Stace can hardly spell. Im not sure English is her first language....and she is talking like all she has to do is fill out a K1 (which she cant do in the first place), but to go off and meet some guy??? Few unanswered questions her....age, job, etc.

I hope she does take it literally!!!! explain to immigration why are are here!!!

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Andrew, you're so cute. :) Too bad you're taken (and jail bait ;) ).

Looks like DF was right after all (doh).

I know you kick em out of school young in the UK, but under 18s are minors here and if their parents want to lock em up, I say go for it.

Rotten little so & sos.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

ha ha wel we did tht the other day lol, i asked him wat if i cudnt spot u at the aiport he said to me

sweetheart im 6''2 so i duno about tht lmao :-p

hes just a darling lol, in my eyes hes perfect, hes had his troubles and hes sorting them out with my and his family/friends support

stacey x

hi & welcome to visajourney! There is no charge per character typed here, so we encourage you to use real, full words for the majority of your posts. This will ensure that all members, including those who don't have "texting" as a first language, can understand what the he!! you're saying.

:)

Yeah, it was a meanspirited comment I admit, but it completely made my day. :lol::lol::lol:

*Guilty expression* My apologises I wanted to give her the benifit of the doubt. But after the PM wasn't gonna happen saw what you all were seeing.

Fiona

Love hurts

Love Loves

You'll do anything

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has nobody asked her how old her boyfriend is? Alarms were going off in my head when I read her post. This sounds similar to that story of the 16 year old American girl who tried to fly to see some 20 year old man she met online.

I'll go out on a limb and say if this guy is more than a couple of years older than her, she's making a big mistake.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Stacey, personally I think you should spend a fair few years getting to know each other better as you are both young. Try and spend time visiting each other first, one visit will certainly not do it. Marriage is a very big committment.

Jeez you only met 2-3 months ago, live life a little before considering settling down.

But, what ever options you choose in life, I wish you all the best and I know that everyone here on VJ will give good advice about visa's.

Jo

Steven - I agree wholeheartedly with you. I certainly know that my mum would of had a fit if I had ever done something like that.

Edited by Jo1973

Jo & Michael

K1

29th Jun 03 - Applied for I-129f

12th Jan 05 - Interview at Embassy

AOS

20th Apr 05 - Mailed AOS and paperwork to Chicago.

27th Oct 05 - Received Green Card in Mail (2 yr Conditional)

I-751

24th Jul 07 - Mailed I-751 to TSC

27th Jul 07 - I-751 Received at TSC (Transferred to CSC)

17th Aug 07 - Check Cleared

20th Aug 07 - NOA received (2 NOA's both with dif. receipt #'s for the same thing hmmm..)

30th Aug 07 - ACS Biometrics letters received

21st Sep 07 - Biometrics appointment at Charlotte

1st Nov 07 - Case status online reads "Card production ordered"

3rd Nov 07 - Greencard received in mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Also, OP if you are still reading this, here is something to consider: A DIFFERENT VISA. Let's say, best case scenario, you go visit your guy (who I think you said is 18) and it's amazing. Well, you might not even be the same person in a few years. Has either of you considered obtaining a degree in the other person's country? If you want to go do that, you will both have to have a chunk of change in the bank (in the US you need 18k per year plus tuition) but it is one option. Another choice: if he is a student he can get a 3-month visa to England to visit you for next summer. Or, you can do the American Work and Travel visa. Or you could both go to New Zealand.

These are just some ideas for how you might spend more time together. It's going to be a ridiculous idea to get married. You did not make it clear if your boyfriend is aware of your intentions to marry him. Listen to all these people here--please.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.