ready4ONE

getting ready to file

412 posts in this topic

I told the husband about my plan to delay filing until the 31st so we had a better chance that I would be here in SoCal when his biometrics happens, and he said, "Biometrics? I have to do something besides file papers? Are they going to interview me again? Why didn't you tell me about this? I don't want to do this, it's stupid. Forget it, I'll be illegal before I have to deal with those f*ckers again."

After I administered a chill pill, I explained it was fingerprints and photo, and no interview at biometrics. (I also mentioned the distant possibility of an interview at some stage.) He was slightly placated, but has said yes, I need to be there with him. I then explained the likely timings going forward, and what happens if his GC expires before the new one arrives. I even explained a little about naturalization, to which he said he was happy to jump through those hoops like a performing seal because he knows at the end of it he can give USCIS a great big F U, once he's holding his naturalization certificate.

Oh, he's just my little ray of sunshine. :luv:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told the husband about my plan to delay filing until the 31st so we had a better chance that I would be here in SoCal when his biometrics happens, and he said, "Biometrics? I have to do something besides file papers? Are they going to interview me again? Why didn't you tell me about this? I don't want to do this, it's stupid. Forget it, I'll be illegal before I have to deal with those f*ckers again."

After I administered a chill pill, I explained it was fingerprints and photo, and no interview at biometrics. (I also mentioned the distant possibility of an interview at some stage.) He was slightly placated, but has said yes, I need to be there with him. I then explained the likely timings going forward, and what happens if his GC expires before the new one arrives. I even explained a little about naturalization, to which he said he was happy to jump through those hoops like a performing seal because he knows at the end of it he can give USCIS a great big F U, once he's holding his naturalization certificate.

Hilarious! :rofl: That is settled then! :thumbs:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Hi elmcitymaven,

That was a great post :). Hope things go well for you and your family. Please make sure not to forget the biometric appointment, do it earlier, no ASC (Appliation Support Center where biometrics are done) will deny any earlier biometric as well you have the biometric appointment letter, GC and other official documents like passport, state Id etc.

Also if you change addresses make you either you have someone to collect mails at the old address (If it's temporary move) or notify USCIS of address change by filing out online AR-11 and doing a paper I-865.

Good Luck.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I'm trying to figure out how to break it to my husband that he'll have to do biometrics -- he can't even deal with a visit to the DMV without kicking up a stink about bureaucracy. I can only wonder what choice words will be uttered when I explain there is more to the process than signing his name on the I-751.

Gulp! 10 days until the window opens for us!

LOL!!! That is hilarious! My husband is the same! He was like why do they need Another biometrics?? Not to mention why he has to take another test to get a US license when he has been driving 17 years and the test in England is about 100 times harder than the US one...

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 19: Filed for K-1 Visa

Feb 8: Received K-1 Visa

April 27: Married!!

May 4: AOS & EAD sent off.

July 28: EAD Card Arrives in Mail!

Aug 23: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!

Aug 30: Welcome to America! letter arrived.

Sept 7: Greencard arrived in the mail!

May: Received Notice about Greencard Expiration end of August

July 15: Sent packet in mail!! (FINALLY!!)

July 16: Packet arrives @ CSC 10:52am Signed by V. Semegi

July 24: Received NOA (posted 7/21)

July 30: Received Bio Appt Letter in Mail

August 20 @ 2pm: Biometrics Appt. –

Sept 12: Approved!! Should be getting card within 60 days..

April 22: Mailing N400 Citizenship packet to Phoenix AZ! (about time!)

April 25 10:37am Phoenix USCIS Lockbox. Signed for by F DOMINGUEZ

April 28 NOA (received in mail May 2)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

July 26 8:10am Interview/Test APPROVED!

Jul 26 Oath Ceremony! Pete is now a US Citizen!

ficFm7.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

It must be a Brit thing...

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 19: Filed for K-1 Visa

Feb 8: Received K-1 Visa

April 27: Married!!

May 4: AOS & EAD sent off.

July 28: EAD Card Arrives in Mail!

Aug 23: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!

Aug 30: Welcome to America! letter arrived.

Sept 7: Greencard arrived in the mail!

May: Received Notice about Greencard Expiration end of August

July 15: Sent packet in mail!! (FINALLY!!)

July 16: Packet arrives @ CSC 10:52am Signed by V. Semegi

July 24: Received NOA (posted 7/21)

July 30: Received Bio Appt Letter in Mail

August 20 @ 2pm: Biometrics Appt. –

Sept 12: Approved!! Should be getting card within 60 days..

April 22: Mailing N400 Citizenship packet to Phoenix AZ! (about time!)

April 25 10:37am Phoenix USCIS Lockbox. Signed for by F DOMINGUEZ

April 28 NOA (received in mail May 2)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

July 26 8:10am Interview/Test APPROVED!

Jul 26 Oath Ceremony! Pete is now a US Citizen!

ficFm7.png

event.png

Check cashed! Guess our packet was good enough to not get rejected outright! :thumbs: Baby steps....

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ha, sounds exactly like my significant other... just in our case, he's the US citizen and I get stuck with all paperwork. When the moment comes where all he has to do is hand over the tax return papers for me to copy, sign the darn form and cover letter it's almost more than he can handle... I just raise my eyebrow when he asks why "we" have to do all this bs.

I hope I get my package on the way on Saturday ;)

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

Ha, sounds exactly like my significant other... just in our case, he's the US citizen and I get stuck with all paperwork. When the moment comes where all he has to do is hand over the tax return papers for me to copy, sign the darn form and cover letter it's almost more than he can handle... I just raise my eyebrow when he asks why "we" have to do all this bs.

I hope I get my package on the way on Saturday ;)

I feel bad for you ladies. I'm the immigrant husband of a US Citizen spouse, and I took care of absolutely everything related to our I-751 petition as my poor wife already has enough to deal with (two kids under 3, a dog, house work, administering our finances, etc.).

Sounds like your men need a good kick in the #######. LOL! Or at least a reminder that it's thoroughly unmanly to run away from your problems and hide behind your wife's legs. ;)

I-751 - Removal of Conditions

05-01-2009 - I-751 Packet Mailed to CSC via USPS Express Mail

05-02-2009 - USPS tried to deliver. Nobody home@CSC. PS Form 3849 left for CSC to reschedule delivery.

05-04-2009 - I-751 Delivered to CSC@6:28am. Signed for by "V SEMEGI".

05-04-2009 - NOA1 Receipt Date. Same day as delivery - Wow!

05-14-2009 - Check cashed

05-16-2009 - Conditional Green Card expires

05-18-2009 - NOA1 Arrives in the mail

06-22-2009 - Biometrics notice arrives in the mail

07-06-2009 - Biometrics appointment @ 1pm

07-06-2009 - Biometrics done

07-06-2009 - Touched

07-07-2009 - Touched again

07-20-2009 - APPROVED! - Official decision date (Day 81)

07-22-2009 - Card production email received

07-24-2009 - Approval notice received in the mail

Check cashed! Guess our packet was good enough to not get rejected outright! :thumbs: Baby steps....

About freaking time! :thumbs:

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Great news! Congrats on the first step. :D

We've settled on filing on the 31st (so I will still be with my May filing peeps B)), which works out better for us as we can then assemble a few more docs. My dad, who will be visiting us from next weekend, will be bringing affidavits from my mom and a friend of ours in CT, as well as the reminder letter that we got sent to our old address with them (even though we filed the AR-11 before the ink was even dry on our tenancy agreement out here in California :rolleyes: -- we're sending a copy of the AR-11 confirmation).

I do all the paperwork because I have the temperament to do it; he doesn't. Much easier for the sanguine one to handle it and let the firecracker sign his or her name, all in the pursuit of continued connubial bliss. :luv:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

CSC May Filers

UserName.............Date of I-751.....NOA1 Date.......Biometrics......Approved

venusfire503...........05/01/09..........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--

ready4ONE...........05/09/09..........05/11/09........--/--/--........--/--/--

VSC May Filers

UserName.............Date of I-751.....NOA1 Date.......Biometrics......Approved

scooby06..............05/01/09..........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--

mozplay................05/04/09..........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--

IMPORTANT!

Before you edit this list, please make sure that your VJ Text Editor setting is set

to Rich Text Editor. DO NOT JUST COPY AND PASTE. You can change your Text

Editor as follows:

1. Click on My Controls at the top of the page.

2. Click on Board settings at the lower left of the page.

3. In the drop down box under Posting Settings, change the type of editor

from Standard to Rich Text.

4. Save this change by clicking on the "Change my Account Options" button.

Then go to the most recently posted version of this list (go to the last post and

scroll UP) and "Reply" to it, deleting the "quote" tags at the beginning AND END of

your reply.

* Please DO NOT change the font, font size, add colors, stuff like that.

* Please PREVIEW before posting to make sure it is properly formatted. (A common

mistake is somehow screwing up so you have <b> and </b> HTML tags in these very

instructions instead of actual boldfaced text.)

REMEMBER: "Date of I-751" is the date you sent your petition - NOT the date it

arrived at the service center. "NOA1 Date" is the 'Notice Date' shown on the NOA1 —

NOT the date you received it.

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS - Thanks!

Got our NOA today. Interesting, because they sent in to our PO Box. Didn't think they would do that, but we included it as the mailing address on the I-751 since we have one, and some of our mail we copied for the packet listed the PO Box.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

I am still waiting for my check to be cashed. Grrrrrr.....

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Jane, I think they heard you!!! :o

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

They are psychic :) I am so glad to know that it didn't get lost in the mail. They didn't accept the $80.00 check for my son's biometrics though. His card doesn't expire until August 31, 09, so I need to fork out another application fee for him in a couple of weeks.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.