ready4ONE

getting ready to file

412 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I'm trying to figure out how to break it to my husband that he'll have to do biometrics -- he can't even deal with a visit to the DMV without kicking up a stink about bureaucracy. I can only wonder what choice words will be uttered when I explain there is more to the process than signing his name on the I-751.

Gulp! 10 days until the window opens for us!

:lol:

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes biometrics is virtually guaranteed! Good luck, and hopefully you are preparing or have already prepared your I-751 packet elmcitymaven?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

No, nothing done yet. I've been up to my ears in work, but it shouldn't take me more than a few hours to pull the items together and photocopy them as I know where all the evidence is filed. I just need to get some affidavits squared away.

All the talk of biometrics made me go scope out the LA USCIS office -- apparently the parking situation there is dire. Great, something new to obsess about.

Edited to add: I've had a look at the time lag between NOA1 and biometrics, and it looks like it could be as short as a couple of weeks going through CSC. This is great, but I am worried that it might be scheduled while I am out of state (and believe me, he's not going to that appointment without me). What is the protocol about rescheduling biometrics -- how hard is it?

Edited by elmcitymaven

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

No, nothing done yet. I've been up to my ears in work, but it shouldn't take me more than a few hours to pull the items together and photocopy them as I know where all the evidence is filed. I just need to get some affidavits squared away.

All the talk of biometrics made me go scope out the LA USCIS office -- apparently the parking situation there is dire. Great, something new to obsess about.

Edited to add: I've had a look at the time lag between NOA1 and biometrics, and it looks like it could be as short as a couple of weeks going through CSC. This is great, but I am worried that it might be scheduled while I am out of state (and believe me, he's not going to that appointment without me). What is the protocol about rescheduling biometrics -- how hard is it?

On the biometrics notice, there is a box to check for rescheduling. Once you do, copy the notice, safe it for your record and mail back the original. They will send you new appointment letter within a few weeks.

AOS

09-29-06 : File date

10-02-06 : NOA

10-26-06 : Biometrics appointment

06-28-07 : Interview Date <== Approved Yippee!!!

07-10-07 : Card rcv'd

I-751

04-14-09 : Mail date

04-16-09 : Mail rcv'd

04-17-09 : NOA date

04-29-09 : Check cashed!!!

05-02-09 : NOA arrived

05-26-09 : Biometrics done

09-04-09 : Approval letter arrived!!!

~~ When will my card arrive? ~~

Thanks, Lexx! I know it sounds stupid that I insist on being there, especially since he's a big boy who can drive there himself, but I know that there will be considerably less moaning if I can be there with him.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

CSC May Filers

UserName.............Date of I-751.....NOA1 Date.......Biometrics......Approved

venusfire503...........05/01/09..........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--

ready4ONE...........05/09/09..........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--

VSC May Filers

scooby06..............05/01/09..........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--

mozplay................05/04/09..........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--

IMPORTANT!

Before you edit this list, please make sure that your VJ Text Editor setting is set

to Rich Text Editor. DO NOT JUST COPY AND PASTE. You can change your Text

Editor as follows:

1. Click on My Controls at the top of the page.

2. Click on Board settings at the lower left of the page.

3. In the drop down box under Posting Settings, change the type of editor

from Standard to Rich Text.

4. Save this change by clicking on the "Change my Account Options" button.

Then go to the most recently posted version of this list (go to the last post and

scroll UP) and "Reply" to it, deleting the "quote" tags at the beginning AND END of

your reply.

* Please DO NOT change the font, font size, add colors, stuff like that.

* Please PREVIEW before posting to make sure it is properly formatted. (A common

mistake is somehow screwing up so you have <b> and </b> HTML tags in these very

instructions instead of actual boldfaced text.)

REMEMBER: "Date of I-751" is the date you sent your petition - NOT the date it

arrived at the service center. "NOA1 Date" is the 'Notice Date' shown on the NOA1 —

NOT the date you received it.

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS - Thanks!

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Ahh, I'm back for more fun with USCIS - hooray! Can't believe it's that time already - time has flown SO fast!

I mailed off my I-751 packet to CSC on Saturday, so I'll attempt to add myself onto that list without messing it up. I'm flying back to the UK on Thursday for our first visit since I moved over here, and I'm hoping that when we get back, there will be an NOA waiting for us, at least.

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

CSC May Filers

venusfire503..........05/01/09..........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--

ready4ONE.............05/09/09..........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--

featherB.................05/09/09.........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--

VSC May Filers

scooby06..............05/01/09..........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--

mozplay................05/04/09..........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--

IMPORTANT!

Before you edit this list, please make sure that your VJ Text Editor setting is set

Editor as follows:

Then go to the most recently posted version of this list (go to the last post and

scroll UP) and "Reply" to it, deleting the "quote" tags at the beginning AND END of

your reply.

* Please PREVIEW before posting to make sure it is properly formatted. (A common

arrived at the service center. "NOA1 Date" is the 'Notice Date' shown on the NOA1 —

Edited by featherB

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2009 - Conditions lifted

Just checked online, glad I didn't spend extra on faster delivery but US Postal Service reports:

Label/Receipt Number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XX13

Your item was delivered at 10:51 AM on May 11, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

We mailed the package Saturday afternoon, minutes before the Post Office closed! :dance:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

Taking all factors into consideration I believe I will go ahead and list all three children on our I-751 in section 5...

I believe strongly, based on the fact the instructions only refer to children adjusting status with the I-751 that this is technically a mistake, but one which it appears the overwhelming majority make because the I-751 form itself is flawed.

Part 5. Information About Your Children-List all your children (Attach other sheet(s) if necessary)

Should be, based on the instructions language:

Part 5. Information About Your Children-List all children Removing Conditions with this petition (Attach other sheet(s) if necessary)

But it doesn't so we will include all three children, my two live with us, she is their step mom, and I won't neglect to include them due to that relationship. :thumbs:

If we should go to interview, I will make that the first question/comment to our interviewer!

Anyway, got the letter from work indicating my wife is the primary beneficiary of my work life insurance, all we are waiting now is for the documentation from my private life insurer.

We would love to see this thread be the 'official' May removal of conditions filers thread! Good idea and welcome venusfire503, elmcitymaven, nuzzledark, and bluerain77!

A little more for the ongoing discussion of what USCIS mean's with regards to question 5

Q: Do I include my child on the I-751 or waiver?

A: It depends. If the child obtained permanent resident status based on the alien parent's marriage to a United States citizen and the marriage occurred less than two years before admission or adjustment to permanent residence, the child will also be a conditional resident. If the alien child acquired status at the same time or within 90 days of the alien parent, they can be included on the alien parent's I-751 petition or waiver. Children that entered the U.S. or adjusted status more than 90 days after the conditional resident parent must file a separate form I-751. The alien's children can be included on their parent's I-751 petition if they immigrated at the same time or within 90 days of their alien parent. They are considered to have acquired CR status on the same date as their parent. They can be included in their parent's I-751 petition even if they have turned 21 and no longer fit the definition of "child" under the INA.

From: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...s-immigration-d

This fuel's my assertion that section 5 is strictly for children also adjusting status with the I-751 being submitted, not any other child as is commonly done because of the poor language on the form. Ah well, we included all three children and obviously USCIS more often than not overlooks this common error.

Edited by ready4ONE

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

All of you folks who are debating the issue of whether to add all children or just those who are not already USCs ... I really don't understand why you are fighting about this. We on VJ can't be the only people who have ever questioned this particular section of the form. Problems encountered by people on this site seemed to have stemmed from confusion and miscommunication.

To avoid that - add a supplemental sheet.

If you chose to leave your USC children off, then list them separately in a supplemental sheet and say why you left them off.

If you list your USC children but are unsure of doing so, then include a supplemental sheet and state that you are unsure but are listing them anyway because you feel that is the intent of the form.

Don't assume an adjudicator can read your mind. Do assume that adjudicators know their jobs and understand the forms are ambiguous. Also assume that they don't care and that you need to spell it out. Simply and clearly.

Mo

timeline.gif

I-130 for Parents - 2013
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Just checked online, glad I didn't spend extra on faster delivery but US Postal Service reports:

We mailed the package Saturday afternoon, minutes before the Post Office closed! :dance:

Hehee, that's one minute after mine was delivered, according to the tracking info (I mailed my package Saturday morning-ish, en route to breakfast) - was yours signed for by V. Semegi as well? Not that that makes any difference to anything, of course! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2009 - Conditions lifted

All of you folks who are debating the issue of whether to add all children or just those who are not already USCs ... I really don't understand why you are fighting about this. We on VJ can't be the only people who have ever questioned this particular section of the form. Problems encountered by people on this site seemed to have stemmed from confusion and miscommunication.

To avoid that - add a supplemental sheet.

If you chose to leave your USC children off, then list them separately in a supplemental sheet and say why you left them off.

If you list your USC children but are unsure of doing so, then include a supplemental sheet and state that you are unsure but are listing them anyway because you feel that is the intent of the form.

Don't assume an adjudicator can read your mind. Do assume that adjudicators know their jobs and understand the forms are ambiguous. Also assume that they don't care and that you need to spell it out. Simply and clearly.

Mo

Not fighting :blink: genuinely curious if the form or the instructions are at fault for the lack of assurance as to what USCIS wants on the I-751! :thumbs:

Even the much trusted VJ Guide does not shed light on the question, and I am the type who likes to know. :lol:

My two children's names didn't fit on the form, so we included a supplement and added extra information. We also included birth certificates for all three kids.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Hehee, that's one minute after mine was delivered, according to the tracking info (I mailed my package Saturday morning-ish, en route to breakfast) - was yours signed for by V. Semegi as well? Not that that makes any difference to anything, of course! :)

I didn't see the green return slip yet, so don't know who took our form, just glad and impressed it made it so quickly. :thumbs: Wish USCIS was run like the good old USPS!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Got my NOA and I'm VERY happy! I updated the list and put the receipt date on the NOA not the date I received it in the mail ... is this right?

CSC May Filers

venusfire503..........05/01/09..........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--

ready4ONE.............05/09/09..........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--

featherB.................05/09/09.........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--

VSC May Filers

mozplay................05/04/09..........05/07/09........--/--/--........--/--/--

IMPORTANT!

Editor as follows:

your reply.

timeline.gif

I-130 for Parents - 2013
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.