ready4ONE

getting ready to file

412 posts in this topic

Ok, working with the wife all day and here is what we have thus far included as attachments to the I-751 petition:

Current I-751 petition available from USCIS website with the following:

Copy of the conditional green card I-551, front and back of Judith ************.

Copy of Judith ************** Washington State ID and Driving Learners Permits.

Copy partial tax statements for 2007 and 2008, both filed jointly with TaxCut. [4 pages]

Copy of IRS 2008 stimulus payment notice addressed to us, front side.

Copy Homeland Security/USCIS I-751 reminder letter.

Copy of birth certificate, our son Maxwell ************. [2 pages, front and back]

Copy of Maxwell ******** Baptismal Certificate.

Copy current online account summary, joint ********* Bank account, April 29, 2009.

Copy cashed check for Puget Sound Energy, joint account, signed by Judith **************.

Copy partial Verizon Wireless account statement. [7 pages]

Copy of our Costco Membership cards.

Copy State DSHS form “Statement from Landlord/Manager” signed by our property manager February 5, 2009.

Copy of Zoo and Aquarium and Seattle Pacific Science Center membership cards and Science Center renewal notice. [2 pages]

Copy various occasion cards sent by parent in laws, 2008 to present. [5 pages]

Photographs of the past year. [3 pages]

Tomorrow will get a few things from work, like a simple letter showing my wife is the beneficiary of my work life insurance. They already have documentation from the AOS phase that she is also the beneficiary of my larger private life insurance, not sure if I should resubmit that again...

I could get Sworn Affidavits tomorrow as well from a couple of family friends, but not quite convinced it is necessary...

Anything else I may have missed? I noticed the sample cover letter had the sample person resubmitting a copy of their passports along with copies of the conditional green card. Is that advisable or necessary as USCIS has that in our file too? She has not left the country, so no new stamps, and we have not yet gone to San Francisco to update her passport to her married name. Thus it seems both redundant and overkill.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Immigrant2009, I read that thread, and already found one tip, I am going to add the W-2's to the 2007 and 2008 TaxCut print out's! Didn't think of that but someone else did in the linked thread, but since I don't have the IRS transcripts, I will add the W-2's. [Note: I used TaxCut print outs in the AOS phase without any issue at all, but am going to double check, I am pretty sure I added W-2's back then.] :thumbs:

Once again, VJ rocks!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Looks good. Some other things you could submit are: copies of joint credit cards and copies of boarding passes from trips that you have taken together. Do you have joint health and dental insurance? If yes, you could submit proof of that as well.

Getting a letter from HR stating that your wife is your beneficiary of your work life insurance is a very good idea :thumbs:. We included such a letter as well.

If it's not too much trouble, I would add a couple of affidavits from friends. In my opinion they add a personal touch to the whole application.

Make sure all your evidence covers the entire 2 years!

By the way, we did not submit copies of our passports.

Congrats on your baby boy :star:

AOS from F1 visa

05/02/2007 AOS Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox Day 1

05/25/2007 Biometrics appointment Day 24

07/26/2007 Interview Day 86 Approved

08/06/2007 Green card received Day 97

Removal of Conditions

04/28/2009 I-751 delivered to CSC Day 1

06/27/2009 Biometrics appointment (walk-in) Day 60

07/20/2009 Approval notice issued Day 83

07/22/2009 Received card production email Day 85

07/27/2009 Received green card & approval notice Day 90

Beibehaltungsgenehmigung (BBG)

08/03/2009 Submitted application to German consulate in L.A.

11/20/2009 Approval notice issued Day 109

US Citizenship

04/27/2010 Submitted N400

04/28/2010 N400 delivered Day 1

05/10/2010 Check cashed Day 12

05/13/2010 Received NOA (NOA was issued on 05/10) Day 15

05/20/2010 Received Biometrics notice Day 22

06/11/2010 Biometrics appointment (walk-in) Day 44

06/22/2010 Online Status changed to Testing & Interview Day 55

06/23/2010 Received interview notice in the mail Day 56

07/26/2010 Interview Day 89 Approved

08/24/2010 Oath Ceremony Day 118

My card making blog: http://silkeshimazu.wordpress.com/

Timeline
Good luck! I remember you from the AOS May filers thread. We submitted our I-751 a couple of days ago.

Curious, opinions seem divided on adding two sworn affidavits along with the packet. I am inclined to not include them as I believe our evidence is pretty strong as is.

I am thinking the exact same thing ready4ONE!

I will submit my I-751 package in about 3 weeks and so far I am convinced that I don't need the affidavits since I have pretty strong evidence of a bonafide marriage, just like you. Plus I am lazy and really don't want to to the notary thing ;)

Everything you added to your package looks great (thanks for posting that, we live in the same area I think, my husband and me have Costco cards as well, totally forgot about them though).

I will also add copies of insurance policies for our cars that have both our names on it to my package. And, like Silke said already, actual copies of joint credit cards and account statements.

Edited by Liebi

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

Gaaaah! Add me to the list of soon-to-be May filers -- we're filing in about 3 weeks. We'll be adding the affidavits because we don't have a joint bank account, although we may get around to opening one before we file. We have tax returns from 2006 onwards, car insurance in both names, pink slip from one of the cars which is in both names, tenancy agreement from our current home, statement from my parents that we lived together with them under their roof without a tenancy agreement when we first arrived, joint AAA membership, joint Costco cards, joint Visa credit card, renter's insurance in both names, health insurance in both names (though now lapsed), and whatever bills I can find that have both our names on them (I think the water and power one is, not sure about the gas). Also a few pictures, cards sent to both of us over the years from family, itineraries of flights we took together and anything else I can find that shows we were living in the same place at the same time over the years. And a copy of the AR-11 confirmation of filing, as USCIS sent the reminder to my parents' house!

This is my first time going through USCIS stateside as I did DCF and I have to admit I am a little afraid.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

I'm quite curious about that reminder letter now... we moved 3 times since I received my GC so I guess I better won't be waiting for one... ;) although I really don't get it - why do I file address changes for both my husband and me and then they send it out to my very first address???

elmcityhaven: I pretty much have the same documents you do and we also don't have a joint bank account (just credit cards), but I do have a bunch of military documents that show me as his dependant etc that's why I wanted to skip the affidavits... plus with all the moves we've done it's hard to find people that have known and lived at least kinda close to us for the whole 2 years...

I always regretted not to have gotten married in Germany and do DCF while we still had the chance, looking back I have to say going through USCIS wasn't that bad, in my case everything went smooth, you "just" need a bit of patience.

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

Thanks Immigrant2009, I read that thread, and already found one tip, I am going to add the W-2's to the 2007 and 2008 TaxCut print out's! Didn't think of that but someone else did in the linked thread, but since I don't have the IRS transcripts, I will add the W-2's. [Note: I used TaxCut print outs in the AOS phase without any issue at all, but am going to double check, I am pretty sure I added W-2's back then.] :thumbs:

Once again, VJ rocks!

You are welcome ready4ONE. Good Luck to you ready4ONE and to Silke

OK nearly done with our I-751 evidence, here is our revised list. Waiting for a few things regarding life insurance, private and through my work, then hoping to get our filing off by middle of next week! Here is what we have now:

Copy of the Permanent Resident Card, front and back of Judith XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Copy of Judith XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Washington State ID and Driving Learners Permits.

Copy partial tax statements for 2007 and 2008, both filed jointly with H & R Block TaxCut. [4 pages]

Copy of 2007 and 2008 W-2's. [6 pages]

Copy of IRS 2008 stimulus payment notice addressed to us, front side.

Copy Homeland Security/USCIS I-751 reminder letter.

Copy partial Social Security Statement for Judith XXXXXXXXXX April 2009 [1 page]

Copy partial Social Security Statement for Blair XXXXXX November 2008 [1 page]

Copy of birth certificate, our son Maxwell XXXXXXXXXX. [2 pages, front and back]

Copy of Maxwell Page Baptismal Certificate.

Copy Enrollment Form, Judith XXXXXXXXX added to Blair's work dental insurance plan.

Copy current online account summary, joint XXXXXXXXXXXX Bank account, April 29, 2009, with copies of his and her ATM cards. [1 page]

Copy cashed check for Puget Sound Energy, XXXXXXXXXXX Bank joint account, signed by Judith XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Copy partial Verizon Wireless joint account statement. [7 pages]

Copy of our Costco Membership cards.

Copy State DSHS form “Statement from Landlord/Manager” signed by our property manager February 5, 2009.

Copy of Zoo and Aquarium and Seattle Pacific Science Center membership cards and Science Center renewal notice. [2 pages]

Copy various occasion cards sent by parent in laws, 2008 to present. [5 pages]

Photographs of the past year. [3 pages]

Copy of certified copy, Certificate of Marriage March ##, 2007

Waiting on:

Letter from my company of the designation of my work life insurance to (name of immigrant spouse).

Copy of private life insurance showing wife as beneficiary.

Feeling lucky about the delay's since we learned a few things, like DON'T list your children on the I-751 form unless they are being included in the Petition to Remove Conditions. And the reminder from this thread to include W-2's. Feel's like our packet is strong, just awaiting the finishing touches! :yes:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Feeling lucky about the delay's since we learned a few things, like DON'T list your children on the I-751 form unless they are being included in the Petition to Remove Conditions. And the reminder from this thread to include W-2's. Feel's like our packet is strong, just awaiting the finishing touches! :yes:

Where did you get this advice? I think it would be contradicting if you attach the child's birth certificate of your child when no name is listed on Part 5. Info about your children.

About the affidavit, the latest instruction (8/25/08 version) specifically asks for at least 2. I included in my submission just to minimize the chance of RFEs. But it's your call though.

AOS

09-29-06 : File date

10-02-06 : NOA

10-26-06 : Biometrics appointment

06-28-07 : Interview Date <== Approved Yippee!!!

07-10-07 : Card rcv'd

I-751

04-14-09 : Mail date

04-16-09 : Mail rcv'd

04-17-09 : NOA date

04-29-09 : Check cashed!!!

05-02-09 : NOA arrived

05-26-09 : Biometrics done

09-04-09 : Approval letter arrived!!!

~~ When will my card arrive? ~~

Where did you get this advice? I think it would be contradicting if you attach the child's birth certificate of your child when no name is listed on Part 5. Info about your children.

About the affidavit, the latest instruction (8/25/08 version) specifically asks for at least 2. I included in my submission just to minimize the chance of RFEs. But it's your call though.

My information came from this thread and the experience of Haole who wrote about the disaster befalling his I-751 when they listed US Citizen children:

"Looks good BUT!!

You shouldn't have listed the US citizen children in Part 5. Yeah it says list "all" children but if you read instructions you list children that have to have conditions removed.

I blew it and did so also and USCIS sent a RFE for $80 for biometrics for my child. They stopped my wifes process until I finally had to get my senator to fix the problem. Took an extra couple months.

Some people get away with it. I didn't even tho I had my daughters BC and US passport and explained she was a US citizen in the original cover letter.

USCIS missed it! :bonk:

You should have posted BEFORE you mailed it!!!

Goodluck!"

The instruction sheet for I-751 from USCIS indeed says:

Conditional Resident Children

In Part 5 of the form, please make sure to include any conditional resident children applying with you in order to have their conditional basis removed, or they may file separately. Please remember to provide their A-number.

But that is hardly making it clear that they won't be able to figure out that many would add all children of the marriage, even if they are USC's. So... Fixing our form, and glad we had a delay getting insurance documentation [the final touches to our submission.] We would definately have sent off our I-751 with the three kids listed, although none need to remove conditions... :thumbs:

How hard would it be on the actual I-751 form to change the language to: List all children who you intend to remove conditions with this Petition? :bonk: Classic USCIS...

As to the affidavits, from what I have read, they have no bearing on success or RFE for your submission. To my mind they merely subject two or more innocent person's to interogation by USCIS if they so choose. I can get them pretty easily and quickly in the event we get an RFE, but again, from all I have read they are not necessary for a successful I-751 packet. I read the instructions as indicating example ideas, not hard and fast requirements. Sort of a toss up on our part to not include/include them, but again I can get them if needed but won't include them with initial submission.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

My information came from this thread and the experience of Haole who wrote about the disaster befalling his I-751 when they listed US Citizen children:

Be careful accepting Haole's advice on this matter. I've asked him for more information about his US citizen child because, by reading his post history on VJ, it's unclear to me how his child acquired US citizenship. Right now, it seems to me that his daughter was a foreign-born child of his spouse who he then adopted when she came to the US. By virtue of some legislation out there, his daughter was able to acquire US citizenship because he adopted her. In that case, she would have had an A# and a foreign birth certificate, which is obviously going to be confusing for the USCIS case adjudicator.

Like I say, I want to get more info from Haole on this matter, but I would not accept his advice at face value. His interpretation of the I-751 instructions for Part 5 is based on his bad experience, and I don't agree with him that his interpretation is correct.

My two kids are natural-born US citizens. They have US state birth certificates, and do not have an A#. I included those birth certificates with my petition, and listed their names under Part 5 of the I-751 with 'N/A' in the A# column for both of them. I think that was the correct thing to do because Part 5 says to list all your children, and the instructions give a reminder to include any conditional resident children who are applying with you to have their conditions removed. There is nothing which says to ONLY list conditional resident children.

Obviously, you have to use your own judgment on this matter and make your own decision, but I'd advise you to think critically, especially about Haole's advice and situation.

I-751 - Removal of Conditions

05-01-2009 - I-751 Packet Mailed to CSC via USPS Express Mail

05-02-2009 - USPS tried to deliver. Nobody home@CSC. PS Form 3849 left for CSC to reschedule delivery.

05-04-2009 - I-751 Delivered to CSC@6:28am. Signed for by "V SEMEGI".

05-04-2009 - NOA1 Receipt Date. Same day as delivery - Wow!

05-14-2009 - Check cashed

05-16-2009 - Conditional Green Card expires

05-18-2009 - NOA1 Arrives in the mail

06-22-2009 - Biometrics notice arrives in the mail

07-06-2009 - Biometrics appointment @ 1pm

07-06-2009 - Biometrics done

07-06-2009 - Touched

07-07-2009 - Touched again

07-20-2009 - APPROVED! - Official decision date (Day 81)

07-22-2009 - Card production email received

07-24-2009 - Approval notice received in the mail

Hi All,

We are putting together our I-751 packet now, and can officially file May 1st! Getting excited here, and of course a bit anxious to once again be put at the mercy of USCIS. So far, so good though as far as our treatment by USCIS through the K-1 and AOS phases of the process, hoping for smooth sailing through this phase too!

Any advice? Tips? Things to know before filing? Any and all input would be much appreciated.

Not sure if a May 2009 filer topic has been started, if not here we go kids!

Please read the following thread. It willl hopefully answer all your questions as can also be used as checklist to make sure

you got all the required docs.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...te+stressed+out

thanks for this info :idea: I'm educating myself NOW

I would suggest adding the affidavits as USCIS mentions them in I-751 instructions, a lot of folks would suggest not to include it. My theory is more ammo the better it is for your case.

Good Luck.

Be careful accepting Haole's advice on this matter. I've asked him for more information about his US citizen child because, by reading his post history on VJ, it's unclear to me how his child acquired US citizenship. Right now, it seems to me that his daughter was a foreign-born child of his spouse who he then adopted when she came to the US. By virtue of some legislation out there, his daughter was able to acquire US citizenship because he adopted her. In that case, she would have had an A# and a foreign birth certificate, which is obviously going to be confusing for the USCIS case adjudicator.

Like I say, I want to get more info from Haole on this matter, but I would not accept his advice at face value. His interpretation of the I-751 instructions for Part 5 is based on his bad experience, and I don't agree with him that his interpretation is correct.

My two kids are natural-born US citizens. They have US state birth certificates, and do not have an A#. I included those birth certificates with my petition, and listed their names under Part 5 of the I-751 with 'N/A' in the A# column for both of them. I think that was the correct thing to do because Part 5 says to list all your children, and the instructions give a reminder to include any conditional resident children who are applying with you to have their conditions removed. There is nothing which says to ONLY list conditional resident children.

Obviously, you have to use your own judgment on this matter and make your own decision, but I'd advise you to think critically, especially about Haole's advice and situation.

I think the form asks for all children, however the instructions say:

Conditional Resident Children

In Part 5 of the form, please make sure to include any conditional resident children applying with you in order to have their conditional basis removed, or they may file separately. Please remember to provide their A-number.

Thus it would appear Part 5 is specifically the place to list children removing conditions with the petition, not 'all' children as asked. We have a few days to go before being ready to file, and am completely uncomfortable either way, as the form and instructions literally SUCK on this point...

We have three children, 2 mine from previous marriage, plus our own child together, and would love to list the three, but don't want to fill out the form wrong. Unfortunately the instructions on the form and separate instructions for the I-751 do not mesh.

Thinking critically, I think whoever created the form and instructions failed to real world test them!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.