CasandraYounes

Approved

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would absolutely agree to go woth the CR1...the CR1 is not taking so much longer than the K3 anymore which is why the K3 was created in the first place. The CR1 has great advantages:

1. The approval on a CR1 does not expire, the approval of a K3 is good for 90 days even though it can be extended, the CR1 is better.

2. The CR1 is an immigrant visa which does not require adjustment of status after entering the US, The CR1 holder automatically becomes a 2 yr conditional permenant resident upon entering the US and within 30 days the 2yr gree card arrives in the mail, this allows them to travel freely in and out of the country with no additional paperwork. The K3 is a non-immigrant visa which requires adjustment of status after entering the US. adjustment of status includes work authorization and advanced parole (for travel), and adjustment of status requires fees to be paid. Also, this process is taking longer for many beneficiaries, I have known many who have waited nearly a year before they got their green card.

3. Within 30 days of entering on a CR1, a social security card is automatically issued which gives the beneficiary the right to work immediately after the SS card arrives. In most states, and social security card is required to apply for a drivers license.

Choosing the CR1 gave us the freedom of not having to worry about immigration once my husband received his green card and social security card which both came within 30 days of him entering the country. He has been working since his 2nd month here. The next step for us in November of this year is to file to lift conditions, then after one more year, he will be naturalizing as a citizen...then we are completely finished, no more immigration ever.

I find the K3 a pain in the 'you know what' due to the extra paperwork, and the time it takes to even get a green card. If you have the choice, I would suggest following through with the CR1, it really is worth it.

(F)~kiyah~(F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

YEAH CASA IS ON THE MOVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

GOOD LUCK DEAR

without having read much here, GO FOR CR1..saves money and extra red tape once SO is here.

We got our K3 after a short AP, wanted that bad, then CR1 interview came the EXACT SAME DAY!

OMG what to do??? take the visa and run OR wait it out (which was an additional 5 1/2 months from interview date and AP) ??

Waited it out with recommendation of lawyer..could have killed him at the time but you know what he came only waiting for his greencard in the mail...once he got it...got right to work....what a relief and a big help for us.

Edited by sandrila

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats and best wishes!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

:dancing: Congratulations! :dancing:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's wonderful CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

AJ1 :thumbs::thumbs::dance::dance:(L)

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.