Big Papa Zone

Cooking "al fresco"

What's the best way to grill?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How do you grill?

• With a gas fired grill - convenient, and so not messy.
    • Charcoal fired grill - firing up the charcoal is all part of the fun
    • Wood fired grill - the ultimate in outdoor grilling.

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Anyway, I cook meat on the gas grill 98% of the time now, if I was using a charcoal grill it would certainly not be that often.

And WHY would you could meat "far less often" on charcoal? Right there you've just told us why gas is the "lazy" option. ;)

Well if it makes you happy you can call it lazy.

Hey, how often do you cook btw?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Anyway, I cook meat on the gas grill 98% of the time now, if I was using a charcoal grill it would certainly not be that often.

And WHY would you could meat "far less often" on charcoal? Right there you've just told us why gas is the "lazy" option. ;)

Just as much as I can. Pretty much every weekend during the summer. We like to kep it simple: hand-patted burgers; Johnsonville brats; pork steaks; shish kebobs.

Can't generally be arsed with chicken (OK, I can be lazy too ;) )

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just as much as I can. Pretty much every weekend during the summer. We like to kep it simple: hand-patted burgers; Johnsonville brats; pork steaks; shish kebobs.

Can't generally be arsed with chicken (OK, I can be lazy too ;) )

I'm digging my heels in now, I am not lazy! :hehe:

I just don't like disposing of the charcoal. I don't think charcoal cooking is a big deal - you put some briquettes in a bbq, throw on some lighting fluid and light it then wait.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline

I was going to add something constructive to this thread but I have to gather some branches to light the woodstove to cook my beans and possum dinner. Killed the possum myself, too. I find that slaughtering my own meat is so much more satisfying and palatable than buying it from a supermarket like all those lazy people do. :hehe:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I was going to add something constructive to this thread but I have to gather some branches to light the woodstove to cook my beans and possum dinner. Killed the possum myself, too. I find that slaughtering my own meat is so much more satisfying and palatable than buying it from a supermarket like all those lazy people do. :hehe:

Oh my, what have I started..................... :whistle:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

I literally LOL'ed outloud at this :lol:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

:( poor possum...

174869443v2_350x350_Front.jpg

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Timeline

Opossum

The opossum is a very fat animal with a peculiarly flavored meat. It is dressed much as one would dress a suckling pig (page 192), removing the entrails, and, if desired, the head and tail. After it has been dressed, wash thoroughly inside and out with hot water. Cover with cold water to which has been added 1 cup of salt. Allow to stand overnight; in the morning, drain off the salted water and rinse well with clear, boiling water.

Stuffing

1 tablespoon butter, 1 large chopped onion, opossum liver (optional), 1 cup break crumbs, chopped red pepper, dash or Worcestershire sauce, 1 hard-cooked egg (chopped fine), salt, water

Melt butter in frying pan and add onion. When it begins to brown, add finely chopped liver of opossum, if desired, and cook until the liver is tender and well done. Add bread crumbs, a little red pepper, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt and water to moisten. Stuff opossum; sew opening or fasten with skewers. Place in roaster, add 2 tablespoons water and roast in moderate oven (350 F) until very tender and richly browned, about 1 and 1/2 hours. Baste every 15 minutes with drippings. Remove skewers or stitches, and place opossum on heated platter. Skim fat from gravy remaining in pan; serve gravy separately. Serve with baked yams or sweet potatoes. If head has been left intact, place a red apple or a baked sweet potato in the mouth. Serves about 10.

'Possum and Sweet 'Taters

1 opossum

Salt

1 quarter water

4 slices of bacon

Bread Stuffing (page 43)

8 small sweet potatoes

Scald possum in lye water and scrape off the hair, taking care not to break the skin. Dress whole, leaving on head and tail. Rub inside and out with salt; let stand in cool place overnight. Place breast-up in roaster, add 1 quart water, place 3 or 4 slices of bacon across breast, cover closely and bake in moderate oven (350 degrees F.) 45 minutes. Fill with Bread Stuffing (page 43) moistened with juice from roaster, surround with sweet potatoes and bake uncovered until very tender and well browned, about 1 hour. Allow 1/3 pound per person.

2chw5mg.gif