Jill/Mosaad

Cairo Interview Experience

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

First of all, let me thank everyone for all the help I received here on VJ. and thank you for all ur kind regards :x

I sent Mosaad's packet back on April 17, 09, the embassy here in Cairo received it April 18, 09.. April 23, 09 Mosaad got a call on his cell from the embassy, asking him if he could come in on April 26, 09 for his interview. of couse he said yes. they said ok, great, we will send u out the appointment letter..we received the appointment letter April 24,09.

We arrived at the embassy late the morning of April 26 , due to a problem we had on the micro bus ( long story)

We got there at 8:30am... they looked at his interview letter outside the embassy, and said go ahead in. We went in, got our number to be called. and about 10 minutes after arriving . Mosaad was called to the window. it was an Egyptian woman, she asked for his original birth certificate, and his original military certificate. she was there with his file , collecting all his papers. Then he was asked to go and pay DHL, and pay the fee for the Visa application. and he was told , sit down and his number would be called again.. so we proceeded to pay the DHL and Visa app fee. and sat down, about 10/15 minutes later, he was called again. This time it was an American woman, and she took his fingerprints.. the fingerprints were electronically taken on a machine. he was told to sit back down, and his number would be called again.

Well, this time, we waited about an hour or so.. before they called his number... there were many guys ahead of him, and unfortunately most of them were completing the interviews and leaving with papers that stated , either there was not sufficient evidence, or their case was going under review to USCIS.

so to say the least, we got a bit discougaged, thinking maybe something was gonna go wrong with our case.

They called his number, and we proceeded to the window.. .it was an American woman, late 20's, long dark hair, (wavy) green eyes, and very kind looking.

Let me give you a list of questions ( not in order) that she asked Myself and Mosaad

Jill:

1. How long have you lived in Egypt

2. When did obtain your divorce

3. Is your ex husband currently a permanant resident/US citizen

4. Who is __________ ( joint sponsor)

5. Are you still sponsoring your ex husband?

6. Have you met all of Mosaad's family?

7. Are you close to his family?

8. Why have you been living here this long?

9. Do you work here , or did you work in USA?

10.Did you sign a rental agreement in USA? ( yes, btw)

11.Are you seeking US employment currently?

Mosaad:

1. Tell me about your arrest ( Mosaad was arrested once, so we had to write an explanation explaining)

2. What is Jill's Birth date

3. What city was she born in

4. What is Jill's mothers name

5. What is Jill's mothers birthdate ( why in the world she asked that, we don't know, LOL, but he didnt know the answer and the IO said, np)

6.Does Jill's mother approve of your marriage ?

7.How does your family feel about Jill?

8.What do you plan on doing in USA?

9. Did you have a wedding party?

10. How many and who attended?

just a brief run down on the pics.... This IO looked at every single picture we had, and I mean looked, and asked who every person in the picture was. she spent atleast a good 5 mintues commenting/looking at our pictures.

11.What do you love about your wife?

12. Have you been married before ?

13. Do you plan to marry again ? ( which struck me as odd, but that's what she asked LOL ) Mosaad said.. this is my first and last ... and he chuckled .. and the IO looked at me, and said wow.. what a catch LOL

I might of missed a question or 2, but it seemed like a string of questions we were asked.. the IO was very polite and calm, and laughed alot with us.

At the end of the interview, she said, well it seems like everything looks good, and in order, Im going to keep your passport Mosaad, and you will receive your visa in 2 weeks.

she said, congratulations and do you have any questions.. we said no, thank you so much. and that was it.

We were at the embassy from 8:30 am until 12:00pm

For anyone going thru DCF here in Egypt... as long as you have all the required paperwork and everything is in order, and you follow all instructions... and your of course legit ;) your interview should be fine. it is for sure a nerve-racking day, but just tell the truth, and be calm. and things should run smoothly.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I feel I need to stress pictures... pictures with the family and also wedding pics... my IO seemed pretty interested with those. so if you don't have any, I would certainly invest some time in taking some with your husband's family.

and all questions asked on the DS 230, please know the answers .. they will ask you questions off of your visa application.

Good luck to all that are waiting, if I can be of any help to anyone here in Egypt, please feel free to let me know.

:)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sounds good! CONGRATULATIONS!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Thanks for sharing all that! Congratulations! And what will be your first american meal, stateside? :)

Also, I second the importance of pictures, hubby's CO was all about the pictures and asking where they were taking, which family members are which at the wedding and so forth.

Marriage : 2008-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Dec 22 2008 Transferred to California Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-12

NVC Received : 2009-1-16

Officially in AVR : 2009-1-17 emailed scanned DS 3032

DS 3032 generated and accepted via email/ AOS I-864 generated : 2009-1-23

Received I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Pay IV Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Send Completed I 864 and IV Package (overnight) : 2009-2-4 (had to wait for hubby's PC and original birth certificate to arrive)

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-2-11 !!!!

NVC Left : Received email March 3rd

Medical Completed : March 12, 2009

Interview Date : April 22, 2009. 8 am. VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa in Hand : April 27th, 2008!!! Arrival May 11th! POE JFK

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 101 days from your NOA1 date. NVC completed in 26 days! Interview was 201 days from Noa 1.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

congrats!!!

also, thank you so much for taking the time to give all of the details to help others :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh that's fantastic news!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! to you both i wish you all the best in your new life together!!!

AJ1 :thumbs::thumbs::dance::dance::dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs:

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
First of all, let me thank everyone for all the help I received here on VJ. and thank you for all ur kind regards :x

I sent Mosaad's packet back on April 17, 09, the embassy here in Cairo received it April 18, 09.. April 23, 09 Mosaad got a call on his cell from the embassy, asking him if he could come in on April 26, 09 for his interview. of couse he said yes. they said ok, great, we will send u out the appointment letter..we received the appointment letter April 24,09.

We arrived at the embassy late the morning of April 26 , due to a problem we had on the micro bus ( long story)

We got there at 8:30am... they looked at his interview letter outside the embassy, and said go ahead in. We went in, got our number to be called. and about 10 minutes after arriving . Mosaad was called to the window. it was an Egyptian woman, she asked for his original birth certificate, and his original military certificate. she was there with his file , collecting all his papers. Then he was asked to go and pay DHL, and pay the fee for the Visa application. and he was told , sit down and his number would be called again.. so we proceeded to pay the DHL and Visa app fee. and sat down, about 10/15 minutes later, he was called again. This time it was an American woman, and she took his fingerprints.. the fingerprints were electronically taken on a machine. he was told to sit back down, and his number would be called again.

Well, this time, we waited about an hour or so.. before they called his number... there were many guys ahead of him, and unfortunately most of them were completing the interviews and leaving with papers that stated , either there was not sufficient evidence, or their case was going under review to USCIS.

so to say the least, we got a bit discougaged, thinking maybe something was gonna go wrong with our case.

They called his number, and we proceeded to the window.. .it was an American woman, late 20's, long dark hair, (wavy) green eyes, and very kind looking.

Let me give you a list of questions ( not in order) that she asked Myself and Mosaad

Jill:

Mosaad:

1. Tell me about your arrest ( Mosaad was arrested once, so we had to write an explanation explaining)

5. What is Jill's mothers birthdate ( why in the world she asked that, we don't know, LOL, but he didnt know the answer and the IO said, np)

just a brief run down on the pics.... This IO looked at every single picture we had, and I mean looked, and asked who every person in the picture was. she spent atleast a good 5 mintues commenting/looking at our pictures.

13. Do you plan to marry again ? ( which struck me as odd, but that's what she asked LOL ) Mosaad said.. this is my first and last ... and he chuckled .. and the IO looked at me, and said wow.. what a catch LOL

I might of missed a question or 2, but it seemed like a string of questions we were asked.. the IO was very polite and calm, and laughed alot with us.

At the end of the interview, she said, well it seems like everything looks good, and in order, Im going to keep your passport Mosaad, and you will receive your visa in 2 weeks.

she said, congratulations and do you have any questions.. we said no, thank you so much. and that was it.

For anyone going thru DCF here in Egypt... as long as you have all the required paperwork and everything is in order, and you follow all instructions... and your of course legit ;) your interview should be fine. it is for sure a nerve-racking day, but just tell the truth, and be calm. and things should run smoothly.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I feel I need to stress pictures... pictures with the family and also wedding pics... my IO seemed pretty interested with those. so if you don't have any, I would certainly invest some time in taking some with your husband's family.

and all questions asked on the DS 230, please know the answers .. they will ask you questions off of your visa application.

Good luck to all that are waiting, if I can be of any help to anyone here in Egypt, please feel free to let me know.

Congrats! Do you it went smoother with both of you at the interview. Inchaalah, Ahmed will have his interview later this year and I thinking about going over again for the interview.

Hollykay

K-3 Journey

06-26-2008 married the love of my life

02-17-2009 I-130 sent

03-16-2009 I-130 NOA

05-06-2009 I-129F sent

05-19-2009 I-130 approval

05-20-2009 I-129F NOA2

05-29-2009 NVC Received

05-29-2009 NVC Left

06-01-2009 Consulate Received

06-20-2009 Packet 3 Received

08-20-2009 Packet 3 Sent

09-12-2009 resent in packet 3

09-22-2009 Packet 4 Received

10-13-2009 Interview

Interview rescheduled on 10-07-2009 for 10-22-2009

11-4-2009 Fax the letter requesting Ahmed's Police Record from France

XX-XX-2009 Visa Received

XX-XX-2009 US Entry

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Jill:

Mosaad:

Congratulations on your visa. It seemed like it went pretty fast and flawless. I was wondering about how long youve been married; in egypt. I was also wondering how long the process took from the very beginning. Thanks

Consulate : Egypt

Visit Egypt : 2008-06-25

Marriage : 2008-10-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-07-15

Approved : 2009-07-15 Alhamdulilah

Packet 3 Received : 2009-07-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-08-04

Packet 4 Received : 2009-08-15

Interview Date : 2009-08-24 APPROVED with no AP

Visa Received : 2009-08-28

Entry into the USA : 2009-10-05 Insha Allah

Congratulations :dance:

2008 K1Timeline:

I-129F Application

10/25 Received letter from USEM

11/21-11/22 Med Exam

12/02 Interview date, 7AM (Approved)

12/10 Visa on Hand

Date & Place of POE: 12/17 Detroit

03/10/09 Wedding

2009 AOS / EAD / AP Timeline:

4/07 Mailed AOS Package

4/08 Package received

4/14 Cashed Check/

4/18 Biometrics I-485

4/29 Biometrics done

5/02 CSC Transferred

5/05 I-485 Touched (This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)(30 days)

5/12 I-485 Touched

5/15 EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approval notice sent

5/18 EAD/AP Touched

5/20 Touched

5/21 AP Received by Mail (44days)

5/22 EAD Received by Mail (45days)

6/25 GC card production ordered!

6/30 Welcome Letter notice received dated 6/26

7/07 Approval notice sent

7/08 GC received by mail

2012 N-400 Timeline:

5/22 Sent

5/30 Cashed Check

Update:

Jill hasn't been around because she's busy PACKING - Mosaad got his passport back (with an approved visa) the 5th of this month, just about three months after they submitted the I-130 (DCF).

MAAAAABROOK!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.