MissBecs

Immigration question!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

I just wonder if anyone can help me with a question.. My Fiance just finalised his divorce the other week.. he was married to a German girl for 8 years. He met her in Germany when stationed there in the army. Long story short.. she has gone totally psycho and is in a mental institution and asking to go hone to germany... He is considering paying for her airfare home because he is worried that she will get into debt and he will be responsible for this. Is this true? even though they are divorced and has been told he does not have to legally give her anything? does immigration still require him to give her money while in the country?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I just wonder if anyone can help me with a question.. My Fiance just finalised his divorce the other week.. he was married to a German girl for 8 years. He met her in Germany when stationed there in the army. Long story short.. she has gone totally psycho and is in a mental institution and asking to go hone to germany... He is considering paying for her airfare home because he is worried that she will get into debt and he will be responsible for this. Is this true? even though they are divorced and has been told he does not have to legally give her anything? does immigration still require him to give her money while in the country?

the Immigration law require the petitioner to support the applicant as long as the applicant still on the conditional Green Card (the first two years )

according to ur words she is there for 8 years ..so she become permanent Resident already ..so he is not responsible for her support anymore ...

but it will be nice and good from him if he pay for her aircarft to bring her back home ..rather than causing any kind of problems which he may suffer from by away or another

Good Luck

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

the Immigration law require the petitioner to support the applicant as long as the applicant still on the conditional Green Card (the first two years )

according to ur words she is there for 8 years ..so she become permanent Resident already ..so he is not responsible for her support anymore ...

but it will be nice and good from him if he pay for her aircarft to bring her back home ..rather than causing any kind of problems which he may suffer from by away or another

Good Luck

"so she become permanent Resident already ..so he is not responsible for her support anymore ..."

Not correct. She has to be a US citizen. Or have worked 40 quarters. Something like that.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Good Luck

"so she become permanent Resident already ..so he is not responsible for her support anymore ..."

Not correct. She has to be a US citizen. Or have worked 40 quarters. Something like that.

im sorry i mixed things

totally correct

she must be a citizen or worked 40 Quarters ( equal to 10 years of work )

the obligation of support end only by death of the petitioner or the immigran or if the immigrant cease the permanent resid and depart the united states

i apologize ..innocent mistake :)

Timeline

Thanks, that seems so unfair in a way! there should be special circumstances! his ex was a pathetic using cheating bludger who refused to work in teh whole 8 years they were together, spending all his money and cheating on him while deployed overseas!

So if he buys her a ticket to Germany is that enough proof he has tried? say she comes back.. can he just show proof he tried to send her home? If she does not go home how much is he supposed to give her? I dont want this to ruin our chances of getting approved for a K1 visa for myself!

Timeline
Thanks, that seems so unfair in a way! there should be special circumstances! his ex was a pathetic using cheating bludger who refused to work in teh whole 8 years they were together, spending all his money and cheating on him while deployed overseas!

So if he buys her a ticket to Germany is that enough proof he has tried? say she comes back.. can he just show proof he tried to send her home? If she does not go home how much is he supposed to give her? I dont want this to ruin our chances of getting approved for a K1 visa for myself!

if she will go back to Germany..so the whole problem is done and nothing to worry abt as long as the divorce was final and official

if she will stay then the judge should order if there will be any money given to her by the ex husband ..

if he didnt order so its done ..u said FINALIZED DIVORCE ...so this is something ur finace can answer if the judge order any amount of money or preperty

Good Luck

Timeline

if she will go back to Germany..so the whole problem is done and nothing to worry abt as long as the divorce was final and official

if she will stay then the judge should order if there will be any money given to her by the ex husband ..

if he didnt order so its done ..u said FINALIZED DIVORCE ...so this is something ur finace can answer if the judge order any amount of money or preperty

Good Luck

She didnt show up to any of the court hearings.. in the end the judge has ruled everything to my Fiance sole custody of their children.. she is meant to be paying HIM child support.. they considered it abandonment.. noone even knew where she was until Monday... when the mental hospital called him. They said she wants to go home to Germany, but I am very worried that she will come back. Fiance does not want to buy her a one way as it costs a lot more... I think its stupid getting her a return but he wont listen to me! he seems to believe she has lost her card to prove she is a citizen and reckons she will have problems coming back into the states anyway, having no money, no job, no house.. doesnt believe they will let her back in. Personally I dont think I would risk it.

Timeline

Good Luck

She didnt show up to any of the court hearings.. in the end the judge has ruled everything to my Fiance sole custody of their children.. she is meant to be paying HIM child support.. they considered it abandonment.. noone even knew where she was until Monday... when the mental hospital called him. They said she wants to go home to Germany, but I am very worried that she will come back. Fiance does not want to buy her a one way as it costs a lot more... I think its stupid getting her a return but he wont listen to me! he seems to believe she has lost her card to prove she is a citizen and reckons she will have problems coming back into the states anyway, having no money, no job, no house.. doesnt believe they will let her back in. Personally I dont think I would risk it.

i beieve tht only u and him should discuss and solve that out (thts my opinion )

as of immigration the guidelines are clear ..the obligation for support end by death for any of them or by divorce ...

and they are divorced ...the custody we u and me agree is something tht Judge discuss ...

as of if she can come back or no or whtever ..so thts up to her ..by laws theres nothing u or ur fiance be afraid of ..by divorce she is on her own now ..

but if its possible to return her back by buying one way tickets so i believe this is better to keep away any futre disturbing frm her from any kind ...he can even buy a refundable ticket..so if she changed her mind and dnt wana get back so he get his money back ..and then just forget abt her ..

talk with him and settle things together

I have a question, I am new in the forum and I don't really know where to ask. I have a pending petition of my husband that lives in the Dominican Republic, and my question is would I have any problem when doing the second step of the process, because I am currently unemployed and my income tax from last year was just roughly 13,000, but I am using my father as an sponsor and he made close to 20,000. So would this be a problem or would this work for us?

Thank you for answering

0PcC.jpgbMFum5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good Luck

i beieve tht only u and him should discuss and solve that out (thts my opinion )

as of immigration the guidelines are clear ..the obligation for support end by death for any of them or by divorce ...

and they are divorced ...the custody we u and me agree is something tht Judge discuss ...

as of if she can come back or no or whtever ..so thts up to her ..by laws theres nothing u or ur fiance be afraid of ..by divorce she is on her own now ..

but if its possible to return her back by buying one way tickets so i believe this is better to keep away any futre disturbing frm her from any kind ...he can even buy a refundable ticket..so if she changed her mind and dnt wana get back so he get his money back ..and then just forget abt her ..

talk with him and settle things together

The affidavit of support responsibility does not end with divorce.

The affidavit of support does not require the sponsor to support the beneficiary's lifestyle. It does obligate the sponsor to reimburse the appropriate agency if the beneficiary becomes a public charge.

Pay the ex's rent - NO. Be responsible if the ex goes on welfare - YES

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.