bowflex

Camping in Wheatley, Ontario this weekend :)

14 posts in this topic

My wife and I camped there quite a few times while we were waiting for her visa and thought it'd be a great place to go revisit now that she's back and we're so busy with work and the new house :) Of course I wanted to go before it got crazy hot in the summer but now I'm seeing it's supposed to be 82 degrees F on Saturday, yaaay for me being a sweaty mess :)

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Awww have fun! I'm not a big camping person myself, every summer I used to go to Banff "camping" but it was in my family's winnebago, not a tent.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Enjoy! I have camped there before and loved it. BTW, Im jealous.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My wife and I camped there quite a few times while we were waiting for her visa and thought it'd be a great place to go revisit now that she's back and we're so busy with work and the new house :) Of course I wanted to go before it got crazy hot in the summer but now I'm seeing it's supposed to be 82 degrees F on Saturday, yaaay for me being a sweaty mess :)

I hope you have a great time - be sure an post some pics :)

Timeline

Oh, I miss camping - I used to do a lot of primitive camping with my re-enactments. Wheatley is a lovely place to go - the Lake will still be too cool for wading but enjoy the lakeside all the same. Have fun! If you want to do something really interesting sometime, you can ride the ferry over to Pelee Island for the day - walk ons only (cars need to be booked in advance). If you have bikes it is a great way to get around on the Island. The trip over and back is half the fun.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Oh, I miss camping - I used to do a lot of primitive camping with my re-enactments. Wheatley is a lovely place to go - the Lake will still be too cool for wading but enjoy the lakeside all the same. Have fun! If you want to do something really interesting sometime, you can ride the ferry over to Pelee Island for the day - walk ons only (cars need to be booked in advance). If you have bikes it is a great way to get around on the Island. The trip over and back is half the fun.

Thanks for that, I think I'll plan it and surprise her :) She's been so busy with work she scheduled the trip all herself just to get away so it'll be my way of doing something and looking good :) Thanks very much :)

Lol Yep my wife and I go with my parents and brothers once a year but they of course bought a 35 foot trailer so it's not really camping as they have a dvd player, flat screen, and surround sound in there haha.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

You'll enjoy the ferry ride - there is a fee involved so you might want to look that up before hand - and allow a lot of time for getting there and back as it is a long ride but a fun one:-). I once thought it would be really neat to live on Pelee Island - but it is very isolated in the Winter -plane access only when the ferries can't run.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have a great time!

Looks like we'll be swaping Provinces/States this weekend as I'm headed to MI....& gonna enjoy the aniticipated awesome weather.

Hope everything's going well with the new house!!

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Have a great time!

Looks like we'll be swaping Provinces/States this weekend as I'm headed to MI....& gonna enjoy the aniticipated awesome weather.

Hope everything's going well with the new house!!

:) Lol We're like a solid trade deadline deal in the NHL, have a great weekend!

That's a 10-15 minute drive from my parents house :D

Have fun!

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Ok, I must know where Wheatley is! I looked it up on Google maps and it says it doesn't exist...

When I was a kid we used to go up camping near Sudbury, ON every summer. It was great! I miss it. I've always loved fishing, but I hate the taste of fish so I'd spend hours catching and releasing them. And wild blueberry season at the beginning of July! Nothing like a sweet wild blueberry, yum.

Ok, I must know where Wheatley is! I looked it up on Google maps and it says it doesn't exist...

When I was a kid we used to go up camping near Sudbury, ON every summer. It was great! I miss it. I've always loved fishing, but I hate the taste of fish so I'd spend hours catching and releasing them. And wild blueberry season at the beginning of July! Nothing like a sweet wild blueberry, yum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheatley,_Ontario

:lol:

and also http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=...369415&z=11

It's there! I promise! It does exist!! LOL But yeah.. not really worth putting on the map

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Timeline

It's there! I promise! It does exist!! LOL But yeah.. not really worth putting on the map

I think I was spelling it wrong :blush: Thanks!

"The town's population before merging with Chatham-Kent in 1998 was roughly 1,500. It is now about 1,700." :unsure: That's why its not on the map!

I think I was spelling it wrong :blush: Thanks!

"The town's population before merging with Chatham-Kent in 1998 was roughly 1,500. It is now about 1,700." :unsure:That's why its not on the map!

LOL no doubt.... my dad said my grandfather used to call that entire area within a 100 km radius 'the arm pit of Ontario'... not sure why he made us grow up around there then :P

Did you read that Wheatley is apparently the "Freshwater Fish Capital of the World?" And nearby Leamington is Tomato Capital of Canada... yum! ;)

Edited by ashenflowers

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.