saran

affidavit of support not notarized

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

asslam o alaikum

people we submitted the papers from the joint sponsor as the officer told us that the income of the sponosor was not enough and we were initially refused the visa.but now we have submitted the papers neccessary to remove the objections.

i want to know that

1.there was this one requirement that the affidavit of suport should b notarized but the joint sponsor meaning that the joint sponsor must sign the papers infront of the notary public.

can u guys tell me how important is this requirement ???

will they reject the papers or they might over look or they might do something else??

please share your experience.

we have two sponsors now and their income is far above than required but there is one problem that they havent paid the taxes for the year 2008 and obviously didnt include the copies in the affidavit of support

will the embassy demand latest copies of tax papers??

and one more question where is the visa printed for immigrant cases?

i remember my mom recieved her visa the same day she was interviewed but that was a non immigrant visa and almost 6 years ago.

please do reply to this

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

FROM USCIS:

I-134:

You must sign Form I-134 in your full name. (Note: Signing Form I-135 is under penalty of perjury under U.S. law). For this reason, it is not necessary to sign Form I-134 before a notary, nor to have your signature notarize after you sign it.

Where you submit the form depends on whether the alien you are sponsoring is in or outside the United States and what type of application is being submitted. See the instructions provided with the corresponding application for detailed information on where to submit this affidavit of support.

I-864A( the one you should be filing for joint sponsorship):

Should be filed with Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act.

The signatures on the I-864A must be notarized by a notary public or signed before an immigration or consular office

The immigration offiicer might overlook the notary public stamp but it all depends on the officer as it is a requirement

Copies of 2007 should work fine as it did in my case 11 days ago.

Immigration Visas are printed in Islamabad and thus will be given to you either the same day or next day if everything else is OK

Best of Luck!!

Khurram

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I-864A is Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member and means that the joint sponsor will be living with them.

I-864 is just the Affidavit of Support form and this is from the USE website.

Revised Requirements for Form I-864

Starting 30th March 2006, the sponsor signature on Form I-864 does not need to be notarized since the sponsor is signing under penalty of perjury.

Please check out the USE link and it has some useful information concerning the I-864.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
FROM USCIS:

I-134:

You must sign Form I-134 in your full name. (Note: Signing Form I-135 is under penalty of perjury under U.S. law). For this reason, it is not necessary to sign Form I-134 before a notary, nor to have your signature notarize after you sign it.

Where you submit the form depends on whether the alien you are sponsoring is in or outside the United States and what type of application is being submitted. See the instructions provided with the corresponding application for detailed information on where to submit this affidavit of support.

I-864A( the one you should be filing for joint sponsorship):

Should be filed with Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act.

The signatures on the I-864A must be notarized by a notary public or signed before an immigration or consular office

The immigration offiicer might overlook the notary public stamp but it all depends on the officer as it is a requirement

Copies of 2007 should work fine as it did in my case 11 days ago.

Immigration Visas are printed in Islamabad and thus will be given to you either the same day or next day if everything else is OK

Best of Luck!!

Khurram

considering the fact that the income of our sponsor and joint sponsor is far more than required .requied was like 56 thousand dollars per year and they both have 200,000 combined i think they might not demand for the latest copies of the tax returns as the tax returns are used only to see that wether the income has been stable over the past few years or not and we submitted the papers of our joint sponsor on 15 or 16th of april.

our case is f4 sisters and borthers of US citizens and i m derivative beneficiary.my mom is the principal applicant.

i have seen many cases in which visas to the cases like ours are given not in a month or weeks or days but in months.

for example my brothers friend family have immigrated a few days ago and their his dads visa was late.they recieved the visa before their dads.it was probably because that the officer had told them that all of you will get the visa but the visa to your dad will b a little delayed probably beca

use they wanted to make sure that he recieves his visa after some security checks.

and they recieved their visa after 6 months from their interview at the embassy.

they have gone to the USA.

in another case same thing happen but the guy had a beard and they told the principal applicant that we are giving you visa do u want it now or u want it with your husbands because they said your husband will recieve after some delay.

but fortunately in our case there was no victim.no one.

but papers were not complete but we have submitted all the papers .

the refusal letter officer gave us i think had an old template or may be a joint sponsors affidavit of support has to be notarized.I am not so sure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.