Big Papa Zone

Teenager Issues

186 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
3- You say the boyfriend is in your house 4 nights every week. Do they both spend the 3 other nights at the guy's parents' house? Or the three other nights they are each in their own house? If the latter is the case, why not tell them you would appreciate if he spent a little less time at your house but that you don't have a problem with your stepdaughter spending time at his house?

And this is one of my main gripes. They both work part-time at night, and that's the only time he's not here - when one or the other are working. And I have already posed the "why don't you spend more time at his house" question, and they are always extremely evasive. Why? Because I reckon his parents share my views and are having none of it, that's why. Hence him always being here.

You are right, it does sound like his parents don't want him to do it under their roof. That isn't going to leave you much argument, you can't say "ok for two nights a week, the rest of the time you go to his place". And with your wife on their side I doubt you are going to be able to change anything about it. Sorry... Not sure what to say then.

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hmmm how about ..........so u want to play adult games ok rent is due such and such a time, ur part of the electric bill is blah blah blah and ur part of the food billl is and dont forget to purchase laundry soap or any other item that he and she uses, i always thought that if u played the game u should play it completely not just play at it

sara

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
i'm surprised you didn't know about this before you married.

It was kept from me until I arrived here a couple of weeks ago. What can I say?

it's called "due dilligence", my friend.

too many people on this board getting their asses handed to them because they failed to pursue due dilligence.

one of the big risks of marrying soemone you have not lived in close proximity to for some time is that you might not like the decisions they make when faced with them.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

The girl is 17 and the boy is how old? Is there statutory rape going on?

Parents need to be parents. Do not allow this to happen.

Oh good grief...

Good grief indeed. Can I just reiterate that I have NO ISSUE with them having sex, OK? I just don't want them doing it under my roof!! Sorry, just how I am. And he's 18, baron555.

Maybe you do not, but it seems as though your wifey does. Your problem is accepting that you are not going to get 100% your way, but she should also not demand it is 100% her way, after all you are meant to be partners :). Compromise is key, linked with excellent communication skills :) Good luck with all of that.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

too many people on this board getting their asses handed to them because they failed to pursue due dilligence.

one of the big risks of marrying soemone you have not lived in close proximity to for some time is that you might not like the decisions they make when faced with them.

I believe I may be wrong, but Damian lived with his wife previously in the US a few years back. I'm sure his stepdaughter was not having sex in the house at that time, and the issue has only recently arisen.

Edited by elmcitymaven

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

:), I am sure there are many lessons to be learned from the perfect couple.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I believe I may be wrong, but Damian lived with his wife previously in the US a few years back. I'm sure his stepdaughter was not having sex in the house at that time, and the issue has only recently arisen.

That is absolutely correct, maven. The last time we lived together was between 2004-2006 (when the now 17-year-old was between the ages of 12 and 14) and she was most certainly not having sex in our house. Since then, it has only been week long visits, usually punctuated by 6 month intervals.

Due dilligence, justashooter?

Yeah, right...........

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

ugh. not a fun situation. at least you have the instinct to THINK about a solution to this problem, rather than trying to dictate one.

this is what i think:

1. let her know that you can hear them having sex. that should at least mute things a bit.

2. get that bigger house and set new ground rules for a new family that respect the new dynamic.

3. be careful about setting a precendent for the 10yo.

4. have faith that most kids land on their feet, somehow.

thats my parenting advice. but i dont have any kids!

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

I was expecting pithy wisdom delivered in the third person and accented with a couple of words from Early Modern English--and maybe a reference to a lesser-known sage. You disappoint, justashooter.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Didn't you sort all of this out before you decided to get married? It's a very important topic if the person you're marrying has kids.

I don't think you're being a prude at all but you're in a tough spot due to the fact that your wife is more of a friend than a parent to her kids. Personally in that situation I'd embarass the heck out of them. While they are being loud I'd bang on the bedroom door and loudly ask , "I realize that your mom says it's ok to have sex in the house but could you keep it down?". Then the next morning at breakfast I'd ask, "so how was the sex? how many times did you orgasm? how long does it take?...oh scratch that one I already know since I can hear every single movement you both make."

Each and every time I was around them I'd ask about their sex life. That's just me being a vindictive beatch though. They're putting it out there by doing it next to you so why tip toe around the subject you know?

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

I was expecting pithy wisdom delivered in the third person and accented with a couple of words from Early Modern English--and maybe a reference to a lesser-known sage. You disappoint, justashooter.

i agree. with some psychobabble for good measure

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
The girl is 17 and the boy is how old? Is there statutory rape going on?

Parents need to be parents. Do not allow this to happen.

Oh good grief...

Good grief indeed. Can I just reiterate that I have NO ISSUE with them having sex, OK? I just don't want them doing it under my roof!! Sorry, just how I am. And he's 18, baron555.

Four daughters, one adopted, two of my own, and a step, all I can say, is thank God they are all over 18 now. Far more difficult with a step daughter, but we had our frank talks, about happiness in a good relationship, she can see that between her mother and me. And not being a two bit ####### in the process and getting a worldwide bad reputation in the process.

I have my house rules about curfew and things like that, it's my home, and not afraid to talk to my girls suitors, yes, been instances where a 16 year was seeing a 19 year old, not afraid to mention to the guy about statutory rape. But have to walk a fine line as to not upset my daughters either, it's truly a PITA time. But once they hit 18, they are free to do whatever they want and I tell them that, just be quiet coming home at night.

Thought with my strict upbringing, when my step daughter went down to Venezuela last summer that she would stay there, she came back, teenage girls like a father that tolls the line on good proper behavior. Regarding teenage daughters and mothers, cats and dogs get along much better, takes a man to take charge.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Didn't you sort all of this out before you decided to get married? It's a very important topic if the person you're marrying has kids.

I don't think you're being a prude at all but you're in a tough spot due to the fact that your wife is more of a friend than a parent to her kids. Personally in that situation I'd embarass the heck out of them. While they are being loud I'd bang on the bedroom door and loudly ask , "I realize that your mom says it's ok to have sex in the house but could you keep it down?". Then the next morning at breakfast I'd ask, "so how was the sex? how many times did you orgasm? how long does it take?...oh scratch that one I already know since I can hear every single movement you both make."

Each and every time I was around them I'd ask about their sex life. That's just me being a vindictive beatch though. They're putting it out there by doing it next to you so why tip toe around the subject you know?

Letting your kids have sex under your roof does not mean yo are a bad parent or that you want to be your kids bff!!

Besides, it may come accross pervy of the new step dad suddenly starts asking his 17 yr old step daughter about her orgasms over breakfast. I'd avoid that one.

Instead bust through her bedroom door with a baseball bat, claim that you thought the screams were because she was being attacked :thumbs:

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

:thumbs::lol: Bridget

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Damian

I don't think you're being a prude at all. I never dreamt of having sex under my parents roof as it was in my own opinion disrespectful.

Knowing that your kids are having sex and having to listen to it are to seperate issues.

As several have already mentioned make it well known to your step-daughter that you can hear them and hopefully she will be shamed enough to either keep the noise down or do it elsewhere.

The fact your wife has been OK with it to happen under her roof means your main course of action will be to get the noise sorted, while your wife doesn't back you and thinks its OK you will just end up being the big bad stepdad if you try and stop it altogether.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK