Big Papa Zone

Teenager Issues

186 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I told Damian this in a PM, but I had an issue where I had someone stay over when I lived with my aunt & uncle in Los Angeles. I was 18, we had never really discussed rules, my sister was even sleeping in the same room. Nothing happened, but I didn't even think to ask if it was okay because I was used to it being okay. The next morning they flipped out on me. They didn't understand how I could never even think to ask if it was okay. I grew up with it being acceptable, so I never thought it would be unacceptable. They told me the reason wasn't because they didn't trust me, but because they had an 8yr old son who wasn't old enough to understand what was going on. They didn't want him to see that and think that was an okay thing for him to do as well. I completely understood, but never even thought of it until they brought it up. I can see where it could be an issue if you have younger siblings and they could be around it.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
If you have managed to get this far in your life without having lived somewhere that has thin walls and have had to hear others having sex then you are very lucky. It is sad that you seem to think that sex and the noise of pleasure should be hidden away where others cant hear anything.

You want respect from her then show her the respect she deserves as a young adult. It is a two way street when you have teenage kids, it all comes down to give and take.

nobody wants to listento anybody else having sex, unless they're a perve.

you want respect from your kids, show them they have to respect you. explain to them that when they pay the bills, they can choose their own lifestyle. until then, it's the "golden rule". he who has the gold makes the rules.

in this case, the gold is being given away, adn the one taking it is making the rules. sounds like a welfare state to me.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Amby, not having kids does not prevent you or me from having an opinion. If anyone tells you otherwise follow my advise and tell them to ** themselves. Now, back to topic.

I concur with Damian in the "my house, my rules" --- don't like it? Move out. What can I say? This whole "it is ok for teenagers to have sex and they can totally do it in my house" discourse just does not cut it for me. Good thing is: I indeed do not have children so I don't have to deal with this #######.

Oh! Also agree that being a parent has been confused with being a buddy/BFF. Wrong. You can have as healthy relationship with a child; but your responsibility is to parent, not to be best friends.

Peace out.

You know what, Len? You're alright. You also use the word "c**t" freely (on Expats). That means you rule in my book! :lol:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
You want respect from her then show her the respect she deserves as a young adult.

When SHE's paying for the roof over MY head, she'll get respect in spades, TayRivers. In the meantime, it's my way or the highway.

Oh btw, do you actually have kids?

actually do what u want, just dont ask for our opinion, keep pushing her away and have fun :devil:

been dating since june 1st 2007

dec-08 -officially engaged,i went back to France to apply for k1

2-11-09:noa1

3-06-09:My angel is visiting me

3-16-09:my angel is going back to the states

6-06-09: received NOA 2 HARDCOPY!!!!! ( notice date:-05-29-09)

If you have managed to get this far in your life without having lived somewhere that has thin walls and have had to hear others having sex then you are very lucky. It is sad that you seem to think that sex and the noise of pleasure should be hidden away where others cant hear anything.

You want respect from her then show her the respect she deserves as a young adult. It is a two way street when you have teenage kids, it all comes down to give and take.

nobody wants to listento anybody else having sex, unless they're a perve.

you want respect from your kids, show them they have to respect you. explain to them that when they pay the bills, they can choose their own lifestyle. until then, it's the "golden rule". he who has the gold makes the rules.

in this case, the gold is being given away, adn the one taking it is making the rules. sounds like a welfare state to me.

I must be a perve. Obviously I wouldn't want to hear someone related to me having sex, but some stranger? That's kinda hot.

You can't have two parents with two different opinions on it though Len. The one thing you must have is concurrence of parental view if this is a 'parenting' issue. If it's just a matter of manners well, they do whatever they like really.

*edited to add, not you. They*

You can have different views (God knows the Brenster and I would not agree on this particular item); but you have to present a common front. Excellent comment sister Cleo.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

D, based on the circumstances, would you be able to just sit down the noisemakers and tell them to keep it down?

It's gonna be hard to change the tone of what the mother has already established over 17 years...

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline
i'm surprised you didn't know about this before you married.

It was kept from me until I arrived here a couple of weeks ago. What can I say?

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I must be a perve. Obviously I wouldn't want to hear someone related to me having sex, but some stranger? That's kinda hot.

Not when it's some big dirty lady in the apartment above you, and you haven't seen you habib in months... and ...

sorry, i digress.

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline
If it's about manners, do you guys get to have loud sex with the girls listening in?

Absolutely not. And we never will.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

i'm surprised you didn't know about this before you married.

It was kept from me until I arrived here a couple of weeks ago. What can I say?

In the wife's defense...you seem pretty open/accepting to things so maybe she didn't think to mention it because it didn't even occur to her it would be a problem. And for you, you're obviously great and love the kids if you're this concerned about them. They're extremely lucky.

Edited by Amby

Not when it's some big dirty lady in the apartment above you, and you haven't seen you habib in months... and ...

sorry, i digress.

:rofl: I luvz u sister!!! :rofl:

:lol:

If I know who it is and they're not that appealing then yes it's a bad bad thing :lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

1- As others said, find a 'middle ground' with your wife. She is 100% ok with it, you are 100% not ok with it. You need to talk and tell her it is a serious issue for you.

2- You (or the mother) have to tell them to do it more quietly.

3- You say the boyfriend is in your house 4 nights every week. Do they both spend the 3 other nights at the guy's parents' house? Or the three other nights they are each in their own house? If the latter is the case, why not tell them you would appreciate if he spent a little less time at your house but that you don't have a problem with your stepdaughter spending time at his house?

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done