Big Papa Zone

Teenager Issues

186 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
It wasn't a ridiculous comment--I get the impression from your posts that at least part of the reason you find the situation distasteful is the 17-year-old's age (i.e., not an adult). I imagine you wouldn't feel quite the same way if she were, say, 19 or 20. That is, it seems that it's not just the noise that bothers you, is that right?

Nope, not right. If you read my earlier posts, you'll see that I have no issue with her having sex at 17 - I just don't want her doing it under my roof. The same would apply at 18, 19, 20. Or 40, for that matter. When me and 'er indoors go and stay over at a friend's house, we don't ** in their guest room bed. Talk about off.

I think this thread is totally interesting, if for no other reason, it is an incredibly good example of a thread gone awry because people aren't actually reading what you are saying (or not comprehending it)

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
I take it a lot of people here didn't have sex when they were in High School? That's a lot of pent up frustration.

:blink: I knew lots of happy people who weren't having sex in high school. Including me!!

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

It wasn't a ridiculous comment--I get the impression from your posts that at least part of the reason you find the situation distasteful is the 17-year-old's age (i.e., not an adult). I imagine you wouldn't feel quite the same way if she were, say, 19 or 20. That is, it seems that it's not just the noise that bothers you, is that right?

Nope, not right. If you read my earlier posts, you'll see that I have no issue with her having sex at 17 - I just don't want her doing it under my roof. The same would apply at 18, 19, 20. Or 40, for that matter. When me and 'er indoors go and stay over at a friend's house, we don't ** in their guest room bed. Talk about off.

Would you have started this thread if it were your 35-year-old stepdaughter and her boyfriend f^cking in your house?

I wholeheartedly agree, and we have argued about this a lot. The mom is too busy trying to be the teen's best buddy. Her argument is that most teens don't want to be anywhere near there parents, but this teen loves hanging with her mother, and her mother thinks that's great. Whatever...

The age is relevant to your position, I think. Geez--the thread itself is called "Teenager Issues." Is parenting not figuring into it somewhere?

Edited by Big Agnes!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

I think this thread is totally interesting, if for no other reason, it is an incredibly good example of a thread gone awry because people aren't actually reading what you are saying (or not comprehending it)

My point was that Damian has stated that age isn't an issue, when it clearly is.

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
My point was that Damian has stated that age isn't an issue, when it clearly is.

No, it's not. Although I do understand why you would have that take on it. And if she was 35, and had moved her b/f into our house, and they were at it noisily, then the exact same would apply.

I will admit that her tender years do exacerbate matters, though. So I suppose it's a little bit of an issue.

Edited by Damian P

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Timeline
I take it a lot of people here didn't have sex when they were in High School? That's a lot of pent up frustration.

:blink: I knew lots of happy people who weren't having sex in high school. Including me!!

I concur sister Parivar. Neither did I , and was quite the unfrustrated teenager. :thumbs:

Timeline

Wow. I find that strange.

You do? OK, hypothetical situation:

Me and the wife meet up with you and yours at some sort of VJ convention, and we hit it off. You invite us to your house for the weekend. After a night of jollying, we retire to your guest room. We #### each other senseless all night, and the wife has several very juicy orgasms. The discharge from said orgasms leaves a huge stain on the bedsheets, and penetrates through to the mattress underneath. We say goodbye, leaving you to clean up.

How do you feel?

Edited by Damian P

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You say that even if she was over 21 you would still have an issue with her doing a natural act in her home. So if she came to you and complained that she is upset at hearing you and your wife having sex would you show her the same consideration and stop having sex where others can hear you or would you just carry on regardless?

Filed: Timeline

Me and the wife meet up with you and yours at some sort of VJ convention, and we hit it off. You invite us to your house for the weekend. After a night of jollying, we retire to your guest room. We #### each other senseless all night, and the wife has several very juicy orgasms. The discharge from said orgasms leaves a huge stain on the bedsheets, and penetrates through to the mattress underneath. We say goodbye, leaving you to clean up.

How do you feel?

What you're leaving out of this example, is that it's HER house too.

So I guess you won't be rude and have sex in her house either :P

How do you feel?

That's why you should never travel w/o a sex tarp--it's just good manners.

K-1

AOS

Walk in on them and say, could you please keep it down. Walk out and be sure to leave the door open. I would definately be having a chat with the boy.

:thumbs:

:lol::lol:

You're missing the point. I had plenty of high school sex - just not at my parents' home (not when they were in, anyway ;) ) To me, it's a simple respect issue.

No offense, but that's silly...applying what it was like for you as a teenager to your stepchild.

Respect her privacy. If she has her own room and she is bringing over a boy who you and your wife don't have any issues with, let her have her privacy. She'll be 18 before you know it.

i don't know... maybe my parents were ol skool... but i didn't have any rights to anything while living under their roof or while being financially dependent on them.

Exactly the same for me when i lived at home. I even had an effing curfew at age 18!! :lol:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Timeline
You say that even if she was over 21 you would still have an issue with her doing a natural act in her home.

It's not her home though. Not in the "who makes the rules" sense. We (let's assume I'm working) pay the bills, we make the rules. End of, simple as. She wants the freedom to do as she pleases, she gets her own place.

Perfectly simple.

What you're leaving out of this example, is that it's HER house too.

See above.

A what now? :wacko:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I liked one of the earlier suggestions. When she starts 'wailing like a benshee', you start making over the top sex sounds and see how they like it. They will be instantly aware that if they can hear you, you can her them. :lol:

I would rather my daughter, when and if, have sex under my roof and my wife and I know about it than let them think it's something to be ashamed of and need to hide it. The age is important, 17 is fine, so long as I don't have a problem the the boyf. Open and honest relationships with your kids will have better results with sex education, they will understand the boundaries and not be afraid to ask questions.

My wife talks too much to her mom, so much so that I wonder exactly how much my mother inlaw nows about me!!!! My wife was allowed to have her long term boyf over to stay when she was 16 - I think she turned out just fine :thumbs:.

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

A what now? :wacko:

Er, mattress protection. Actually, that might not be a very common term. In fact, I think I made it up. :blush:

K-1

AOS