Big Papa Zone

Teenager Issues

186 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
As long as I lived at my parents house, I lived under their rules. I also had a curfew until I moved out and out of respect, respected it. I think rules and boundaries are good for KIDS.

:thumbs:

rules? what rules? ...

It was called "Mom & Dads Law" .... and breaking that law was not something to be considered.

I know and remember those days.... :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

I still shiver when my madre gives me the "I do not approve" look :sleepy:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I still shiver when my madre gives me the "I do not approve" look :sleepy:

heck i shiver when you give me that look across the internet :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Viewing sex from strictly a financial point of view, most expensive sex I ever had was from my previous marriage, paid through the nose for those few times. Call me hard headed or whatever, I would be damned if I would let some guy to come over to my home and get free sex with my daughter while I am still supporting her. If he wants it, fine with me, but he first as to be able to support her, can buy a house or rent an apartment, buy her a car, give her health insurance, spending money, food, clothes, pay for her education and free me of all those expenses. Then he can go to town, but not at my expense.

That sounds a little like prostitution, Nick.

Not quite, in my previous marriage, prostitution would have been much cheaper. If you deal with the court system in our country, can get a very negative view, I don't care what it is, patting a woman on the butt, a divorce, an accident, a statement, etc., it's all reduced to how much money the settlement is about, just money, and only money. After raising a bunch of kids, only help I received from our government was to have a slightly lower tax rate, maybe a buck or two a day in tax relief, but certainly nothing compared to the amount of extra money that kid can cost you. I am very offended that I have to pay for kids whose parents cannot buy them health insurance, and we all know you don't have to be a Ph.D. to bring a child into this world. Idiots can do that just as well.

Again, strictly in financial terms, sex does cost a lot of money that translates to having to work very hard for that money. If a guy can't take over that expense with any of my daughters, four of them to be precise, he ain't getting anything unless he can first support them first. Just my hard headed point of view.

On the other side of the coin, that OP's daughter is getting bad reputation as being a two bit #######, you can bet your last buck that guy is bragging to all of his friends. There are very good guys in this world that study and work hard, this step daughter will be avoided by them, who wants to mate with a two bit #######. She is wrecking her life and will never find happiness. It's hell to be a parent, but pays off, I have some very good son-in-laws and some great grandkids. But you have to be a hard nose to get that.

Good Lord, Nick. You've really outdone yourself in the irrelevant, unhelpful, judgmental tangent department.

It seems that you're unaware of the the societal development that women have opportunities for financial independence these days and don't need to be "bought" from their families.

Not really, that statement was based strictly on the financial point of view, also is a moral responsibility and a legal responsibility depending on the laws of your state. Then there is the responsibility of a parent or a step parent to raise children so they can become independent and good citizens of this country. If a kid over 18 years of age is having sex with a minor, a parent can go to jail for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, in this case, statutory rape.

No doubt it is far more difficult to raise a step rather than a natural born daughter, but make it a very strong point to avoid any sort of argument, yelling, definitely not spanking or other forms of physical punishment, just a quiet, you know what you are doing wrong, I am taking your car keys away kind of thing. Or your curfew has been cut back to an earlier hour.

I had my times with my step daughter and her mom felt she was in the middle, but my step daughter gave me a big hug and a thank you last Sunday when she was made a member of the National Honor Society, the thank you was for restricting her when getting tied up with a bunch of kids whose parents don't give a damn about them. To me that is a sin.

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I think your real issue is that you feel that you have no voice in what happens in the house where you are living. It's too late to suggest that you two talk about all of this BEFORE you moved in but maybe it's not too late to try to talk it out now. Maybe what you are feeling has more to do with where you are in the journey - just moved here, just moved in together, everyone getting used to each other....that kind of thing. Time will fix it but ya'll really need to have an honest talk about it.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Nope, not right. If you read my earlier posts, you'll see that I have no issue with her having sex at 17 - I just don't want her doing it under my roof. The same would apply at 18, 19, 20. Or 40, for that matter. When me and 'er indoors go and stay over at a friend's house, we don't ** in their guest room bed. Talk about off.

When you're staying at a friend's house IN THEIR GUEST ROOM you're in someone else's house.

Your step-daughter is in her residence, in her bedroom. I think you need to get over your hang-up on the exact location they are having sex.

If you want to make sure you don't hear it in the future then the next time you hear them going at it just walk-up to the bedroom door and knock really loudly. Then say "Hey turn on some music or something, the neighbors can hear you two!". I'm sure you'll inturrupt their rythem and the next time they'll treat you to a nice tune while they're busy.

As a father of a soon to be 17 year old I'd rather she have a safe place for such activities regardless of how much I don't want to hear it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
There is more than one way to skin a cat.

You are right. And different things work for different families because, of course, people are brought up differently.

I personally won't be allowing my children to have sex in my house. That is not to deter them from having sex, it's not because I want to stop them or that I want them to go do it somewhere else, but I don't want it being done in my home, especially if I have a younger child present as well.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
As a father of a soon to be 17 year old I'd rather she have a safe place for such activities regardless of how much I don't want to hear it.

I don't understand why people keep saying you'd rather have her have sex in a safe place...rather than an unsafe place? What is considered unsafe? Regardless of where you are having sex, doesn't change anything. You can get raped just as easily in your own home as you can out in a park.

That to me is the same things parents say ab out drinking. They let their kids drink and do drugs in their own house because, "if they are going to do it...might as well do it here with me..."

Like, are you serious? I'm only 25 and I think that is disgusting. I drank a whole ###### load when I was underage but not with my parents and...we were all just fine and turned out okay.

Edited by thetreble

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Timeline

I don't understand why people keep saying you'd rather have her have sex in a safe place....than what? Regardless of where you are having sex, doesn't change anything. You can get raped just as easily in your own home as you can out in a park.

That to me is the same things parents say ab out drinking. They let their kids drink and do drugs in their own house because, "if they are going to do it...might as well do it here with me..."

Like, are you serious? I'm only 25 and I think that is disgusting. I drank a whole ###### load when I was underage but not with my parents and...we were all just fine and turned out okay.

thetreble is right. the rest of youse are a bunch of over-permissive douchebags.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
thetreble is right. the rest of youse are a bunch of over-permissive douchebags.

I think A.J. likes me :wub:

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

I think A.J. likes me :wub:

I paid him to say that -_-

:lol:

And I'm perfectly okay with that my beautiful len.

My eyes filled with grit