Big Papa Zone

Teenager Issues

186 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, I'll finally jump in here to say that maybe it's because of how I was raised, but at my house I could not simply go and lock myself up with my boyfriend in my room.

My mom was never a prude in the sense of forbidding me to have sex, but she was definitely against me doing it while she's passing by outside the door. I actually agree with her. It's not simply a matter of respect, but mostly of a parental embarrassment, sort of? I mean, must be really uncomfortable for your teenage daughter to say "excuse me" and walk off into her bedroom with her boyfriend and then you hearing moaning? I wouldn't like it at all. And it's not about doing it elsewhere 'cus I know it's safer to know where and with whom they're doing it with, but I'm a believer of a time and place for everything. Do it when I'm not around, do it when I can't hear you.

My house was really big and we had tons of privacy we could never hear each other in our rooms but I still felt uncomfortable to start anything with my boyfriend with my parents home. My brother did, but then again he's a guy and guys couldn't care less what their mom's thinking. My boyfriend during those teen years were my brother's best friend and he actually did stay over a lot. He practically lived there on weekends, but we both respected my parents wishes and mom could go to bed and leave us up and around the house till the wee hours of the morning and never spied on us, and still he'd sleep in my brother's room or the guest room and me in mine.

Either way, my mom never imposed any curfews on me or was bothered that I traveled away for the weekend with my boyfriend (after 18, before she'd let me get away with his parents) or stayed up at night to see what time I arrived home. I'd like to have the same relationship with my kids when I have them, 'cus my mom was both a mother and friend to me, I feel that she taught me well and I was a super responsible teenager, as well as respectful and free, and not being allowed to have sex next door to my parents never made her less of a friend to me, she remains my best friend.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

ITA with Len.

I must have missed where someone else suggested this.. call his parents and tell them what is happening and say that you do understand he's 18, but that you think they should talk to him about keeping things quiet. Chances are, his parents don't want him doing that, and that is why they are evasive at the question of going over there.

I am not sure why people don't see this as a question of respect... The daughter is not the owner of the home, nor should she be in authority over Damian. Damian married her mother, and if they wish to have any kind of united family at all, he should be put into a position of respect. Otherwise, he's just like some random guy, not even a stepfather.

Also, now I know who never to invite over to stay in my guest bed. :)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your wife teases and laughs at you now...hmm trust me she aint gonna laugh and tease if her teenage daughter gets pregnant. And by the way, that is just sooo Irresponsible of her as a mother to allow her daughter to do that. She needs this :bonk: and wake up!

March '05 - met George online thru common friend

March '06 - He went to visit me in the PI first time

May '06 - He came back for the family reunion and proposed for marriage

Nov. '06 - came back to prepare for our wedding

Dec 16, '06 - Wedding Day!

took at least 6 or 7 months (as i remember) for the K3 and was approved!

Nov '07 - I arrived in the US

together again with my gwapo, lol

April 9 - mailed in AOS package

April 13 - NOA for EAD and AOS

April 22 - Biometrics Appointment and will be on May 7 in Jamaica

May 7 - Biometrics done!

May 14 - Got an RFE dated may 9 - joint sponsor :-(

June 5 - they received our reply to the RFE

June 10 - EAD card production ordered, YAYYYYY Thank u, God!

June 21 - EAD card received in mail.

...and the waiting continues for the interview date...... will update later

so i got my interview date, and guess when??

Sept 10 - yaayyyy and its my hubby's Birthday! Approval would be a GREAT bday gift.

Sept 10 - got APPROVED! Indeed its a GREAT Birthday gift! " Card production Ordered" Yayyy

Sept 18 - Welcome Letter received!

Sept 19 - Green Card in hand!

Sad situation indeed. Given the climate among teenagers today, most old folks would flat line.......

Personally, I would have the chat about activities in the house, and leave it at that. It will happen, the venue is optional.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
I take it a lot of people here didn't have sex when they were in High School? That's a lot of pent up frustration.

:blink: I knew lots of happy people who weren't having sex in high school. Including me!!

I concur sister Parivar. Neither did I , and was quite the unfrustrated teenager. :thumbs:

Same here, all my frustration ended up on the pages of Playboy.

So are some parents here ok with their teenager masturbating in the house or is that outlawed too?

I'm another who didn't have sex in high school; in fact, I was 36 the first time...ok, by that time the frustration levels were quite high :P

I guess I was raised differently. If we had kids, I certainly wouldn't want them having sex before marriage, regardless of the location. As for masturbation, otoh, I don't have a problem with that at all, just don't do it in front of others...

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Offensive posts and posts quoting offensive post removed.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
have you been able to work things out?

It's a work in progress. Suffice to say we're trying. ;) And I missed the "offensive remarks" Katherine mentions by only a few minutes - bummer. :lol:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Wow, I didn't read through all the posts. I gotta say I'm not a prude....but no way. #######? Aren't this guys parents concerned about him staying the night at a girls house?...Apparently not. Have you told them you can hear them having sex...maybe that will embarrass them to at very least be more quiet.

Also, I hope that your wife will be more respectful of your position and stop allowing him to spend the night at your house. You should talk to her (again!). Just because you are a step-father or its not your house does not mean that you should take a back seat. You are genuinely concerned about the consequences of your step-daughters actions. Besides disrespect, possible pregnancy, she is setting a bad example for your 10 year old. I hope you can all discuss it as a family + boyfriend. Make sure the boyfriend is there, it will embarrass him and if he spending all this time at your house (sleeping with your daughter, eating your food) he should get a lecture too. Then you know that BOTH of them are clear on what is acceptable and what is not, and what the consequences will be.

Best of luck! I know its a difficult situation.

Edited by reeses16

Ah damn, I guess I won't understand, I was raised by pot smoking hippie parents. :lol:

So was I, but hell no to this. I'm no angel myself, but I at least waited until I was out of the house and paying my own bills. Damian, you have my sympathy ... what a mess.

THE JOHN (UK) AND CAMIE (US) SHOW

K-1

[*]I-129F Sent : 2009-02-19 [*]I-129F NOA1: 2009-02-23 [*]I-129F NOA2: 2009-03-23 [*]John's Medical: 2009-05-11 [*]John's INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!: 2009-06-08 [*]VISA ARRIVES!!: 2009-06-12 [*]Camie Goes to England : 2009-06-18 [*]Our POE : 2009-06-24 [*]Got married and went to Jack-in-the-Box : 2009-07-07

AOS

[*]AOS Package Sent: 2010-02-13 [*]AOS Package Delivered (per USPS): 2010-02-15 [*]USCIS Email Confirmation (WOO HOO!!): 2010-02-23 [*]AOS Fee Check Cashed: 2010-02-23 [*]USCIS Status Check Available Online: 2010-02-24 [*]I-485 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]I-765 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]Biometrics: 2010-03-18 (letter received 2010-03-08) [*]EAD CARD RECEIVED: 2010-05-06 [*]INTERVIEW: 2010-05-21 - APPROVED [*]RECEIVED GREEN CARD: 2010-06-17 - Lakers FTW, then off to Disneyland to celebrate!

ROC

[*]I-751 Package Sent: 2012-05-18 [*]I-751 Package Delivered (per USPS): 2012-05-19 [*]CSC Fee Check Cashed: 2012-06-06
[*]I-751 NOA1: 2012-06-07 (dated 2012-05-21)
[*]Biometrics: 2012-07-16 (letter received 2012-06-25) [*]RFE: 2013-01-18 (responded on 2013-04-08)
[*]I-751 APPROVED: 2013-04-25 (dated 2013-04-19)

[*]10-Year GC Received: 2013-06-17

Christopher Midian Chance - 7lbs., 5oz., born 11-19-14 :wub:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Viewing sex from strictly a financial point of view, most expensive sex I ever had was from my previous marriage, paid through the nose for those few times. Call me hard headed or whatever, I would be damned if I would let some guy to come over to my home and get free sex with my daughter while I am still supporting her. If he wants it, fine with me, but he first as to be able to support her, can buy a house or rent an apartment, buy her a car, give her health insurance, spending money, food, clothes, pay for her education and free me of all those expenses. Then he can go to town, but not at my expense.