Big Papa Zone

Teenager Issues

186 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

OK, here's the situation:

We live in a small town, "we" being me, 'er indoors, and the two girls, aged 10 & 17. Obviously with the whole visa journey thing, I've been off the scene for a bit, and some things have changed in regard to the kids' lives (hardly surprising - they're that bit older).

Whilst I expected this, and accept it to a degree, there is one thing I am far from happy about: the teenager's boyfriend practically lives with her. Seriously, he's here at least 4-times-a-week, and he stays over (with her, in her bed) during that time. We only live in a small house (with pretty thin walls) and I can sometimes hear them having sex. I find this totally unacceptable, and have told her mother as much. Her response? She laughs at me. Not in a nasty way you understand, but a playful, mocking sort of way, as if to say "awww bless, ain't you sweet" which just irritates me even more.

I'm not stupid or naive; I know teenagers have sex. I just don't want them doing it under my roof. But therein lies the problem: it's not my roof. It's 'er indoors' roof. And it's 'er indoors' wages that keep us right now. Add the fact that I'm a step-father, and not a biological one (when you marry a woman with kids, you accept that she will hold greater sway of what happens to them than you will) and it puts me in a pretty hopeless position.

So what say you? Am I being "old fashioned" or do I have a point?

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this underage girl gets pregnant

then the boyfriend moves in/////

you have a point, but the mother reinforces the behavior.....and in the end, nothing will change

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Man, that's a tough position. You've been in the country less than a month, which means it's going to be hard for the stepdaughter to accept you as an authority figure, especially if your wife doesn't agree. Have you tried talking to both of them at once?

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Timeline

I do understand your point, but I also think you really don't have a say in that. But you can ask them to keep it down, I think that is absolutely ok.

I think it's pretty normal for a 17 year old girl to have sex. And luckily she has a bf and not a new guy every week.

Hang in there, she'll eventually go to college at some point. :lol:

eta: I was allowed to bring boys home and they stayed overnight. And I turned out fine.

Edited by Ms. Squirrel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
if this underage girl gets pregnant

then the boyfriend moves in/////

you have a point, but the mother reinforces the behavior.....and in the end, nothing will change

well im ignoring the moral issues of this cuz im a prude!!!!!!!!!! but.......there really should be some very long talks between the man and the wife on this issue, step parent or not he is still the man of the home and should have the ability to refuse this type of behavior in this home.

to many parents these days believe they can be friends with their teenage kids, u cant, and if ur kids like u all the time, then ur not doing ur job as the parent

sara

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You have a point. But it seems the mother is the one who is calling the shots, its hard being a step parent I imagine. Sometimes my husband calls me a push over with my son, who is only 10 (and just for the record he won't be having sex until he's 40) but it's difficult to learn to parent with another person again.

Perhaps you can talk to her about this, sit down and have a straightforward talk with her, and maybe you can both come to a compromise. I don't know what kind of compromise but you need to come to one in this case.

Is your stepdaughter on birth control? Has her mother talked with her about sex?

You could make things twice as awkward and just fake loud sex when you hear them doing it... that'll be a mood killer and I am sure they will stop. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
you have a point, tell me if this underage girl gets pregnant who pays for her and the baby to survive u or the boyfriend?

sara

Well, she's on birth control, so hopefully that's never going to be an issue. Hopefully.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What kind of birth control? I always find it funny when you give a teen pills because half the time they can't even remember to do their homework or clean their room let alone take a pill at the exact same time every day.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Have you tried talking to both of them at once?

That is happening when I get a job, and we move to a bigger house. Believe me, there will be rules set down then and no mistake.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
What kind of birth control? I always find it funny when you give a teen pills because half the time they can't even remember to do their homework or clean their room let alone take a pill at the exact same time every day.

lol and lets not forget that fact that they dont always work according to my mom lol she has three bio birth control kids...she swears they all had the pills in their hand going making faces at her when they were born

sara

Edited by estadia

Timeline
Hang in there, she'll eventually go to college at some point. :lol:

I know - and he'll be going to the same one!

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :