bebeannie

NO CASE # QUESTION PLEASE HELP

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Something similar happened to me also. We sent in our I-175 last November 2008. We received our NOA I-797C stating that conditional residence is extended for 1 year and it shows that the check was received and cashed. Then it reads: In order to further process your petition, you will be receiving an application support center(ACS) appointment notice with A specific time, date and location for your biometrics processing.

Up to now I never received that appointment letter. So I called the 18003755283123. The lady I spoke with said she will submit an inquiry as to why the appointment letter was never sent. She said that I should receive a letter in 45 days and if not then I need to call them back. My problem is that we submitted all of our evidence along with photos and everything else. We do have copies of what we sent in but I hate to do things twice. Has anyone else had this experience?

Best regards,

Bruce

K1____Timeline

California processing center

Consulate: HCMC

I-129F sent ----------------------------------09/20/2005

NOA 1 (receipt)------------------------------09/27/2005

NOA 2 (approved)----------- ---------------12/12/2005

Package received by NVC------------------12/23/2005

Package left NVC----------------------------12/30/2005

Received by consulate----------------------01/04/2006

Recieved instructions (pkt 3)---------------01/27/2006

Date completed instructions (pkt 3)-------02/28/2006

Date recieved appointment letter (pkt4)--03/23/2006

Interview Date-------------------------------04/24/2006

Recieved visa--------------------------------04/27/2006

It's the same with me, until now, I havent received NOA1 nor biometric appt. I did call the 1-800# and he gave me a a WAC# but he said I can't use that to check the status online. He said he will do a speedy request for both docs and until now, I am waiting patiently coz my card will expire on May 27. I am doing an infopass appt on May 6 if I still don't have them yet.

03/06/09 sent I-751

03/07/09 received at CSC

03/10/09 check cashed

04/06/09 called 1-800#

April 2000 Met online

July 21, 2004 Official GF/BF

Dec. 3, 2004 USC filed I-129F

April 24, 2005 Met in person for the 1st time in Manila, Phils.

April 25, 2005 Bought the engagement ring and proposed marriage (officially and personally)

May 8, 2005 USC left Philippines

May 20, 2005 I-129F disapproved, condition of prior meeting not met before petition was filed

June 1, 2005 USC appealed disapproved I-129F

Feb. 6, 2006 USC filed 2nd I-129F with lawyer's help

Mar. 6, 2006 USC came back to Manila, Philippines - 2nd time

Mar. 13, 2006 USC's departure from Manila :-(

May 30, 2006 2nd I-129F got approved

THE REST IN OUR TIMELIME

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
Another question:

What if the problem was when a parallegal called the USCIS office to follow up the status of the case because its almost a month since they filed the I-751 and check was cashed and yet they have not received any NOA. So you didn't talk to the real lawyer. You talked to the paralegal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paralegal. No wonder. The paralegal care about you even less than the lawyer does. Paralegal is just the assistant, it's just a job.

The person whom the parallegal spoke with said that there was no sort of "reference# or case #" or whatever number was it for that application. It's called "Receipt Number on Notice of Action I-797".

Is that possible that when USCIS already cashed your check you dont get any watsoever number or receipt? No. It's not possible. USCIS staff first look at the petition form, make sure no need to reject, then cash the check (make sure there's money in the bank), then issue I-797. It's possible that they wait a few days after they cashed the check, then issue the I-797, but there is going to be a receipt number on the I-797 definitely, so it's possible they haven't issue it yet, but it's not possible that USCIS doesn't give you the I-797, USCIS will have to give one in due time. But if it's already been a month since the check had been cleared, USCIS must have issued the I-797 already.

What does it mean? What does "What" mean? Not sure what's the specific of your question.

Is that also the reason why they need to go to USCIS for info pass to set up an appointment? First call the mis-information line, tell USCIS that you haven't receive the I-797/NOA yet, so you don't know the number, but it's very sure that a real IO (may not be the first person who answer the switchboard because their goal is to get you off the phone as fast as possible by telling you to go set up an infopass) can track down your NOA number, when did they issue the NOA, etc etc by you giving the IO the A# and name. Over the phone, you can also request the IO send you a NOA replacement since the first one is assumed lost in mail, one thing to remind you, unless you decide to ditch that lawyer, the IO is going to tell you that the new NOA has to be send to the lawyer's address, not yours. There is also another reason why your lawyer suggested you go set up an infopass appointment, which is getting the I-551 stamp on your current valid passport. The I-551 stamp can act as an substitution for the NOA to prove that your status is still legal for you to work and travel if the NOA doesn't come, but the I-551 stamp doesn't act as a proof that you've already filed I-751 petition, the NOA does. Your lawyer didn't even tell you the part about the I-551 stamp, didn't he/she? Told you to fire the lawyer.

They only have 5 weeks left before the GC will expire. Then act fast. Call the mis-information line first thing in the morning on Monday.

I think their lawyer should be the one to get that info pass and go to USCIS instead of the applicant right? Or do they just have to bring their lawyer with them when they get an appointment? You know what? I think your lawyer is just trying to scare you or create a problem when there is not a real problem just to squeeze more money out of you because if you want to lawyer to accompany you to the infopass appointment, the lawyer is going to tell you that there is extra charge for him/her to spend more time with your case. That's the way about lawyer. You want the lawyer to go the infopass appointment on your behalf? It's possible, the lawyer sure can, but make sure you ask how much does he/she charge before you let him/her doing that. Don't even let the lawyer set up the infopass for you because it would only take him/her less than 5 minutes to do it online and then he/she is going to charge an outrageous fee. Heck, he/she can order the paralegal to do it instead of doing the real work himself/herself just like he/she order the paralegal to call USCIS instead of him/her calling USCIS himself/herself the first time around. If you want to save the money, then you'll have to go the leg work on your own. http://infopass.uscis.gov/. Would you mind telling me if the lawyer and the paralegal are he or she? Because I'm kind of getting tired of typing "he/she, him/her, etc. etc." when I can just type less.

HER PASSPORT GOT STAMP WITH THE I-551 WITH THE WAC# ON IT BUT SHE DOES NOT RECEIVE HER NOA UNTIL NOW.

SHE GOT HER BIOMETRICS LETTER SCHEDULED ON THE 13TH

IS THERE GOING TO BE A PROBLEM IF SHE DOES NOT HAVE THE NOA?

PLEASE ADVISE

THANKS

Edited by jean15

She can always go in for infopass and ask them to do a service request for a copy of NOA 1 (she will get a copy of the service request with the number on it so she will know they had actually submitted it). At this time, she will fill out an information request sheet and she can put her address to mail the NOA 1 to her.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Timeline
She can always go in for infopass and ask them to do a service request for a copy of NOA 1 (she will get a copy of the service request with the number on it so she will know they had actually submitted it). At this time, she will fill out an information request sheet and she can put her address to mail the NOA 1 to her.

SO MEANING SHE REALLY NEEDED TO GET A COPY OF THE NOA?

SO MEANING SHE REALLY NEEDED TO GET A COPY OF THE NOA?

If yout get NOA or I-551 stamp on the passport it's the same thing. NOA allows the I-751 applicant to work and travel. It's like 1 yr extension added to the expiration date of GC.e.g expiration date of GC is 05-01-09 NOA will extend it to 04-30-2010 etc.

Getting the stamp is same thing. So if she didn't get the NOA but a stamp thats even better.

So don't worry about it. Getting extension while I-751 is being processed is most important thing either it's a stamp or a letter (NOA).

I hope it helps you.

Good Luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.