Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Welcome to America. If you are Mexican or any equivalent Northern South American nation, you get a free pass. Point this out or question this bias and then you are racist.

PS I hadn't even read the article and guess they were from. :lol:

The article doesn't mention that the day after the raid, more than 100 US citizens applied for the vacant jobs. *sigh*

It's a disgrace.

where's my free pass, jack@ss???

I'm from "dodgy azz" Mexico, and I didn't get sh!t

so STFU

It makes me fuming!!!

I have been here for almost 7 years and had to jump through so many hoops all along to keep my legal status, like all of us on VJ. Since when people are rewarded for a felony?

Oh, and what about the free help they got to file their work visas? How about us who have to spend hours doing it ourselves and hiring a lawyer?

The article doesn't mention that the day after the raid, more than 100 US citizens applied for the vacant jobs. *sigh*

ehh, not all of us hired a lawyer, nor spend hours filing the paperwork.. maybe something wrong on your side?

Rudeness will get you nowhere. And I don't care if they are mexicans or whatever, they broke the law and get rewarded. So go bring your high self-esteem somewhere else!

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Illegal immigrants detained, then freed to work, How is that fair for all of us?

It's not only not fair...it is detrimental to the American people. There is presently 8.5% official US unemployment, but the real unofficial unemployment rate is actually 15.5%. This recession is not over by a long shot and unemployment will rise further. A lot further.

So why does this administration pander to people that break our immigration and work authorization laws? Why does this administration actively bar the use of E-Verify to assure that jobs go to American citizens and legal residents? Why will hundreds of thousands of taxpayer funded stimulus jobs go to illegal aliens because E-Verify is not required? Why has this administration stopped all workplace law enforcement that would free up desperately needed jobs that rightfully should only go to American citizens and legal residents?

Unfortunately some politicians put their own self interests and that of their political party ahead of the American people. This pandering to the lowest common denominator to reward illegal aliens is a disgrace. Promising illegal aliens amnesty and jobs in return for millions of their future votes and, hence, the political hedgemony of one party is disgrace and is anti-democratic.

I hope the American people take note of what is going on and who is doing it.

Edited by peejay

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
and wanna-be gringos too..

Use of this term is racist and offensive to many whites. I hope it was done out of ignorance rather than malice. ;)

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wife and I elected to do everything legally, was still a lot of stress in our lives in dealing with the USCIS when you have to deal with incompetent or people that just don't give a damn about you. Was a trial period, is over now, but no longer have that stress these people are going through.

What kind of country do we live in? Use to help my uncle farm, but suddenly his land was reassessed from a hundred bucks an acre to 1500 bucks! No way could he afford to farm with that kind of a tax bill, but a corporation was there to buy it just to get him out of debt. Never did learn what kind of taxes these corporations were paying, but how can they afford to pay taxes with the price of milk fixed when my uncle could not?

So they hire illegals to operate these farms, pay a hundred bucks a week and expect the entire family to work. In one example, a 26 year old woman while milking was ran over by a tractor scraping up manure and permanently disabled. She was fired instantly, no workman compensation, no insurance, these are the kind of bastards we have running out state. I won't even buy anything with the Land-O Lakes name on it, they are the major culprits. I can't even visualize how these people can sleep at nights. We also have a state law where if an employer has less than three illegal employees, they go untouched, but somehow treat each farm as a separate entity not included in all the farms a corporation owns.

It's not easy trusting a government that lets stuff like this happen, should lock them all up.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm mad that there are stupid americans too! Why are there stupid americans?

:unsure:

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All these things about people living in "tent cities" or whatever is sensationalist ####### to rile up people that are anti-immigration, or who have just never lived in a metropolitan area before.

There were tons of homeless people when the economy was "good," people. Most homeless are affected by the economy only in that the benefits they were receiving when the economy was in better shape. Are there people who have gotten totally screwed by this economic downturn, lost their homes and jobs, and have sense become homeless? Sure, there are some, but most of them probably were working in low-tier sales jobs that always get shed when the economy goes down, or really, really overstretched themselves and were spending too much, or a combination of both. Really in that case you're a victim of your own circumstances that you could have controlled.

With all the opportunities there are in the United States, an American shouldn't even have to compete for a job with someone from another country who can't even speak English and may not have finished high school. I have little sympathy for those Americans.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Welcome to America. If you are Mexican or any equivalent Northern South American nation, you get a free pass. Point this out or question this bias and then you are racist.

It's a disgrace.

Well,how come my SO didn't get a free pass ? :unsure:

Probably because he actually wanted to immigrate legally.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
It is revolting. Why aren't the American people protesting?

because they know the race card would be played if they did.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

It's a disgrace.

I didn't get a free pass, either. NOT FAIR!!! Whaaa Whaa Whaa

*sniff* :crying: *sniff*

Edited by MariaBonita

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sigh.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

It's a disgrace.

so STFU

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....you tell em!!!

Filed: Timeline
*sigh* I wish you guys would stop making threads like this on a family IMMIGRATION site and take it over to crymeariver.com or something. Please don't turn this into another illegal-bashing thread. Honestly. We've heard enough.

I am so glad to see VJ moderation come down, clearly and without equivocation, on the right side of this issue.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.