Leyla

Moroccan MENA members!!!

132 posts in this topic

Name: Gabrielle

Where you're from: Originally DFW (Texas), temporarily transplanted to West Texas mountains, moving to Seattle area in a little under 2 weeks.

SO's name: Ahmed

Where they are from in Morocco: Rabat

Anything else you want to add: Hubby has been here about 2.75 years, we're about 6 months away from out 3 year wedding anniversary, and we have one son Mehdi who is 18 months old

Have you been to morocco?: Twice while visa in process, but not since hubby has come to the US :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

HI just found this thread....hopes it not to late to be involved .

Name: Amana -Kim

Where you're from: Lincoln, Nebraska

SO's name: Azzeddine

Where they are from in Morocco: Safi

Anything else you want to add: Getting antsy for this visa process to get past NOA1 hopefully soon... Insha Allah he will be here by December by then it will be 2 years together....

Been to /or lived in Morocco: lived there a short period in 2006 with (ex ) husband!! Lived as wife not tourist !!!

went again in Jaunary 2009, Loved Safi and the clean air ( not like Casa) tourist all the way and wow i saw i think more in 11

days tha I saw in 4 months of living there.

I cant go right now too expensive with all the future funds coming up for his interview and ticket....However if it goes to much longer I will have to go this is just too incredibly hard being apart...

WITH ALLAH ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! ALHUMDILALLAH

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself to the fellow Moroccan MENA members!

Name: Eden

Where you are from: Atlanta, GA

SO's name: Said

Where they are from: Casablanca

Anything else you want to add: I will tell everyone our story.....Said and I met in Italy, this past April. I was on vacation in Italy with my sister, turns out that two days into our vacation she broke her ankle in three places and spent her Italian vacation in the Italian hospital for two weeks....SOO the vacation became mine and allll mine, I was essentially in Italy alone! On my 9th day there I spent the day in Florence and was on my way back home to Vicenza, Italy which is about an hour from Venice. I had to change trains in Padova, Italy and while I was waiting for my next train to arrive I decided to have a fight with a vending machine LOL ( you have to have a PhD to work the vending machines in Italy). Anyway I was trying to get a diet coke when a guy passed behind me ( I honestly did not even notice him!) and asked me if I spoke Italian. This had actually happened several times before by other people over the last few days so I gave my typical response and barely looked up.........No, I do not speak Italian, I speak English....well I am not sure he heard me because he asked again, this time I turned around and said No, I speak English.....he was walking away but his head was turned back around looking at me for my response, I again said No, I speak English.......he turned around and immediately came back to me and then started asking everyone that passed us by did they speak English, I was thinking THIS GUY has got something REALLY important to say to me because he is going to a lot of trouble to talk to me...anyway after assuming my diet coke, I started walking and Said was with me ( I had no idea what his name was then!) towards my platform and he asked me where I was going and I said Vicenza ( I do understand Italian, just do not speak it well!) anyway he said that was where he was going, we had a discussion about which platform to go to and then we waited together for the train. In the meantime he did find someone that spoke English and agreed to translate for us! So, the three of us (actually it was 5 , we acquired a couple of other people in the quest for a translator LOL!) rode the train and this nice gentleman translated for Said and I all the way back to Vicenza about 25 minutes or so.....anyway he was full of questions, wanted to know if I was married, where I was from, why I was in Italy etc.....anyway at the end he wanted my phone number, which I did not have so I asked for his and he obliged, said he wanted to see me again! So, the next day I worked up the nerve and called him...even tho we could not really talk, he knew it was me and had someone call me back that could translate and we set up a "date" for the next day. So, that Saturday I met him in Padova and we spent the day in the piazza at the market and then just sitting and talking with our Italian/English dictionaries and started to get to know each other. To make a long story short we would up spending the next four days together and it was fabulous, he was such a gentleman and made me dinner two nights and carried all my shopping bags around and just generally doted (sp?) on me. I am not sure I have ever felt so spoiled by a man, ever. Saying goodbye the first time was very difficult and I for sure thought my Italian romance was over! Anyway, not the case....LOL, infact I just got back on the 19th from spending another two weeks in Italy and I am still crazy about him and he me, in fact I really did think he was crazy until I realized this is a "Moroccan" thing because he was telling me from about 30 seconds after we met that he wanted to marry me....he has not let up on that and I still think he may have a screw loose LOL! Anyway, I am going to Morocco in January to meet the rest of his family, he does have some in Italy and I met them, this go round and I am excited to meet his rather large crew he is one of 7 and I am hoping to be there about a month with him. Then because he has residency in Italy and we are hoping his greencard gets renewed in Italy ( it just expired ) he will file for a tourist visa in November and come back with me in Feb for a little while, obviously this is what we are hoping and the embassy in Milan has indicated he has a better than average chance coming from Italy to actually GET a tourist visa ( we will see)........if not I guess I am headed back to Italy and we will then look at doing the fiance visa........we are JUST at the beginning of this long journey but I am pretty darn sure he is worth it! I am still in shock actually, neither of us were looking for anyone and so far it has worked, religious differences, cultural differences, distance and all so far, we could not be happier...........well we could if we were together! THAT is the worst IMO!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Name:Fatima Zahra

Where from: SF, California

SO name: Houcine

Where from in Morocco:kelaa des sraghna

Anything to add: i miss my Famiy in Morocco so much

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Name:Fatima Zahra

Where from: SF, California

SO name: Houcine

Where from in Morocco:kelaa des sraghna

Anything to add: i miss my Famiy in Morocco so much

Salam! I live in Rocklin, 2 hours from San Fran and of course we go there a lot. My dad's side of the family is in Morocco too.

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Thats great, i went to sacramento last 2 months to buy a house there, but its dangerous area and hot, right?

Well, there is good and bad areas. I live in Rocklin which is a 20 min drive to Sac. I go to school at Sac State too. It's not next to the ocean, so it doesn't get that breeze, but they are different environments. San Fran is city and the area where you will most likely live here is the suburb.

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Name: Jenny

Where I'm from: Minnesota

SO's name: Abdeslam

Where he's from in Morocco: Rich

Anything else I want to add: It's hard not knowing when I'll see him next.

Have I been to Morocco?: Yes, I lived in Morocco for almost three years. 27 months with the Peace Corps and returned after I completed my service for an additional six months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Name: Rajaa

Where you're from: Seattle

SO's name: Reda

Where they are from in Morocco: Casablanca (ain chok)

Anything else you want to add: been here for almost 8 months now alhamdolilah the first few months have been a big learning experience but I am always so very happy we're together again. He has been going to school since arriving and now has a part time job Alhamdolilah.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Name: Gabrielle

Where you're from: Originally DFW (Texas), temporarily transplanted to West Texas mountains, moving to Seattle area in a little under 2 weeks.

SO's name: Ahmed

Where they are from in Morocco: Rabat

Anything else you want to add: Hubby has been here about 2.75 years, we're about 6 months away from out 3 year wedding anniversary, and we have one son Mehdi who is 18 months old

Have you been to morocco?: Twice while visa in process, but not since hubby has come to the US :(

:star: Hay Gabby.... I guess you'll be here very soon, totally jazzed stay in touch!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Name: terrie

Where I'm from: wisconsin

SO's name: kamal

Where he's from in Morocco: fes

Anything else I want to add: this definatly has been a journey, but with love, understanding and patience (i have none) you can get thru it all.

Have I been to Morocco: Once during visa process, we were gonna go this December but decided to wait til next year sometime.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
HEY MENA Family!

I thought we should have a MENA Morocco thread :)

Let's fill in the info:

Name:

Where you're from:

SO's name:

Where they are from in Morocco:

Anything else you want to add:

Here goes!

Name: Michelle

Where you're from: Delaware, OH

SO's name: Tarik

Where they are from in Morocco: Casablanca

Anything else you want to add: Not really. I'm sure something will come up in this thread :P

42.jpg

Name: Teresa

Where you're from: Kansas City, Missouri

SO's name: Bijad

Where they are from in Morocco: a small village outside of Chefchaouen, Morocco

Anything else you want to add: It's been a little over a month since I have been home... just received our NAO1 on August 31st. So ready for this to get moving, but I understand it could be a loooooong wait. :( I will be returning to Morocco in December to spend about 3 weeks with my love. I can't wait!!

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Name: fatima

Where you're from:marrakech

SO's name: simohammed

Where they are from in Morocco:rabat

Anything else you want to add: we met in Morocco while he was visiting from italy and I was visiting from usa. it was his brother's wedding. my brother is married to his sister :whistle::innocent: for the past 8 years they have 2 kids now . are you confused yet? :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.