I AM NOT THAT GUY

United To Charge Heavier Passengers Twice To Fly

155 posts in this topic

if it bothers people, fly another airline. it's just united.

As a general rule in US Airlines.

If one major airline does it and it makes money then others will follow.

They kinda work as team rather than a competitor in the airline Industry as a whole

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Fat People Scare Me..............................

Do you scare yourself? :unsure:

very good question to ask tallcoolone!! :lol:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Have I become a meaner person? This time around I really don't think I have a problem with this.

I am shopping for plane tickets right now and having trouble finding an affordable one. That could be the motivation here.

Hm I wonder how they spot people... Honestly, I would be fine if everyone gets weighed at the check-in like the luggage does. Every single thing in the world if hauled on planes or ships gets charged by pound, why not people. I would not feel discriminated, it makes sense, each pound more is more expensive to transport. I wouldn't mind at all. And if I gain a lot of weight and it gets pricey, it would be quite the incentive for me to loose it, as I am stingy.

Yeah, but I can already see that going wrong - some people will starve themselves to get a cheaper ticket and then the airlines will be sued since they incouraged a harmful behaviour and on and on...plus muscles are more dense than fat, so a really muscular person with the same weight will have a smaller body frame than a person with lots of bodyfat.

I like the "fat people row" concept. I think they should offer regular seats for a regular price and larger seats for large people with an extra charge. With a disclaimer saying that if you book a regular seat and don't meet the requirements (needing a seatbelt extension or having to put up the armrest) you will have to "upgrade" to a larger seat and pay the fee for it.

So many things in the US seem to adjust to plus size people, why not adjust plane seats accodingly as well?

Oo I think I mentioned this idea in the last thread, or at least somewhere else in life. With a fat row, normal-sized people could buy the seats too if they just wanted more room. I think this is the ideal solution.

Don't they already have this though - there are subclasses on economy on some airlines: Premium Economy, for instance.

They don't call it the *fat* row, of course.

The seats are all the same size in "Coach" no matter how much you pay for the tickets.

Everyone on the plane cries when you see one of these people come on board, everyone, sees them, they struggle to get down the aisle between the seats.

You don't need to be obese to have to jostle with the guy sitting next to you for control of the armrest.

If we accept that airline seats are cramped at the best of times - why is there this need to scapegoat the overweight for the problem?

Timeline

Tall people scare me and good looking people scare me. I prefer to be around short, chubby people. They know what's up.

:P j/k But I find it ridiculous when it's a skinny person that doesn't have a problem with any rudeness towards overweight people. Yet I know skinny people who are a lot nicer in life and don't act that way about ppl who are not thin.

Filed: Timeline

I almost always fly Northwest...if you get a window seat, the armrest next to the window comes up. I'm not a window seat fan, but it really helps on a long flight if someone is taking up tons of space. Though is drives me a bit mad, if the person next to me is friendly and not offensive in the odor dept I ask them if they'd like to raise the armrest between us. I don't mind someone taking up a bit of my space. I just think how uncomfortable I am and I can't even imagine how uncomfortable they are. I do think the "fat row" thing is a good idea. Hell if you just want more room you can be in the "fat row" too. Flights over 5-6hrs I go for business class. There's only so much I can take of someone with their seat in my lap. The people laying their seats back super far annoys me more than the fat person taking up half my seat.

Edited by Amby

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

We recently flew to India which is a really long journey on planes...and I am overweight and stuff and I did not spill into the seat next to me! It's not only thin people who don't spill into the next seat. I can understand that when it reaches a certain point it can be a problem, but I am sure, as others have said, the person who is very big will be very self conscious about having to sit in a plane seat and if they were normal, might buy two tickets for their own sake as well as other people's. Do people think they would confidently walk onto the plane to sit in a seat that no one finds comfortable? lol

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Turn first class into the fat section :lol:

Random thought - I wonder if there has been a flight that they had to cancel or make an unschedule stop because the passenger load was unexpectedly heavy.

Maybe they could say "heavy" passengers aren't allowed carry-on bags or checked bags? :unsure:

Edited by DeadPoolX

Timeline

Small planes could have that issue I'm sure, not sure about big panes. Actually I don't know hardly anything about it so I don't know why I'm commenting on it. :lol:

But I do know people who had to say their weight to go on a small plane, and of course the women all lie and they didn't weigh them! :lol: They have to have a "lying woman allowance".

Edited by Parivar CSK