I AM NOT THAT GUY

United To Charge Heavier Passengers Twice To Fly

155 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Average seat size is definitely "country" dependent. Cebu Pacific Airlines (that's the name, right?) - their seats are super narrow!

US seats are average too - people that are way above average should have to pay more.

Personally I think that the people who complain should pay more - either put up or shut up.

Its economy class for a reason. If you don't want to sit next to someone farting their ####### off, having a child scream in your ear, or having someone's arms in your lap - you pay first class.

Edited by Private Pike

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Average seat size is definitely "country" dependent. Cebu Pacific Airlines (that's the name, right?) - their seats are super narrow!

US seats are average too - people that are way above average should have to pay more.

Personally I think that the people who complain should pay more - either put up or shut up.

Its economy class for a reason. If you don't want to sit next to someone farting their ####### off, having a child scream in your ear, or having someone's arms in your lap - you pay first class.

What, there are no babies in first class and no one farts in first class?

Nannies take the babies to nanny class and the rich don't fart.

Edited by DEDixon

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Timeline

Oh lets not start with the petty ####### for tat - you know exactly what I mean.

If you don't like the conditions on your flight you pay for a better seat, but some things you have to live with regardless.

If first class doesn't cut it for you - well... perhaps buy your own plane. Works for Warren Buffet and John Travolta.

Edited by Private Pike

They should just make the seats bigger, and charge each person by weight, for their ticket.

skinny people would pay less, fat people would pay more.

They do it for luggage....

This would have a two prong effect. Better seats, and would help people fight the bulge.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

I think they should have cutouts at the airport similar to packages that go by mail to determine what size you are.

You have to walk through these cutouts prior to boarding the aircraft.

As the aircraft has previously been fitted out with different seat sizes, you are then allocated these seats determined by your size.

Seat prices are charged by volume (this takes into account those who have dense bone structure which they had no control over).

Simple really, the midgets fly at midget prices and the large chaps pay for the space they consume.

The overall charging could reflect in increased revenue for the embattled airlines. These charges per volume would have to be brought in across all airlines in order to have fair competition.

Simple really, problem solved

Arthur and Roberta :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh lets not start with the petty ####### for tat - you know exactly what I mean.

If you don't like the conditions on your flight you pay for a better seat, but some things you have to live with regardless.

Yeah, I know what you mean, buy first class because some fatty is comfortable squeezing into his/her seat and my sit too.

A class action law suit later - things will be back to the way they currently are.

Not going to happen, they can easily justify the additional charge.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Timeline

Yeah, I know what you mean, buy first class because some fatty is comfortable squeezing into his/her seat and my sit too.

What makes you think that they're "comfortable"?

Flying economy class is generally a shitty experience at the best of times.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

In general I agree that if you are taking up more than one seat then you should have to pay for more than one seat! And even not having to pay and waiting for a flight with an empty seat side by side is a bit unfair for us skinny folks who are still not comfortable in one seat! I'd be a he!! of a lot more comfortable in two seats, why do you get that benefit just cause your fat??

That being said, I remember a girl that I went to college with. She was extremely obese. She had trouble even walking around. I went to a small all-womens liberal arts college and our campus was really small, but she still had trouble getting around. I remember talking to her one day and she told me that she was so fat that she could not fly on an airplane at all. Like even if they allowed her to buy however many seats that she needed, she could not fly because she could not fit down the aisles or in the tiny bathrooms. She couldn't get on roller-coasters either and there was a whole list of things that she could not do because of her weight. I felt so bad for her. She did have an actually problem though. She was not only fat because she ate really badly. However, from seeing her in the cafeteria, she didn't eat like a saint either. Although, in the same conversation that she told me she could not get on airplanes, she told me that she stopped trying to eat healthy because nothing worked for her. I didn't exactly think this was the right attitude, but what could I say!

Anyway, I felt bad for her!

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Timeline

You don't have to be morbidly obese to be uncomfortable in those seats - two broad shouldered guys sitting in the same row and one of them won't be able to sit up straight.

Edited by Private Pike

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I wouldn't feel bad. She picked that lifestyle.

That's true, but can you imagine not being able to do such a simple thing as go on a roller-coaster!?

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Timeline

Why are we fixating on the morbidly obese? Its an extreme - most regular people have problems sitting in those seats, so while someone who weighs 400lbs is going to cause a problem logistically, the reality is that economy class seats are crappy at the best of times - and regular sized people have problems fitting into them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
I wouldn't feel bad. She picked that lifestyle.

That's true, but can you imagine not being able to do such a simple thing as go on a roller-coaster!?

Yeah. I know. I used one of that reason as to why not to choose that lifestyle. I am aware. Too bad for her. If she has motivation then she'll probably loose weight. However, I don't like poking nose into someone else problems.

Edited by Niels Bohr

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg