Dr. A ♥ O

Wednesday is Hump Day!!!

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Arrrgggh!!!!! The enrollment opened up for Juniors at the University I will go to in the fall and one of the classes I wanted had already been filled up by the seniors. It is a class on "The Modern Middle East". The instructor has spent an extensive amount of time over there and has a lot of experience I thought it would be a great class to take. I wrote him asking if he would make an exception for me but he said he already added 5 extra students and had to turn down 10 students. So frustrating!

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

When that happens if I don't have a plan B then I go to the class and sit through it until enough students drop and the prof adds me.

Are you at least on some waiting list?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
When that happens if I don't have a plan B then I go to the class and sit through it until enough students drop and the prof adds me.

Are you at least on some waiting list?

lol, that is what my advisor told me I could do if all else fails. He did get curious as I mentioned in my email what countries I had visited so he asked me about that. Maybe I'll get lucky and he will still consider me. At least one can hope right?

Did sitting in the class work for you? There isn't a waiting list for his class so I can't do much.

Edited by S and S

Timeline

He sounds popular so it might not work for you but you can try and introduce yourself to him. After the first week or two you should be able to get in once students start dropping. It depends on the class and the University. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Rarely did it not work.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
He sounds popular so it might not work for you but you can try and introduce yourself to him. After the first week or two you should be able to get in once students start dropping. It depends on the class and the University. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Rarely did it not work.

Well, let us hope. Thanks for the advice. It seems to me that they need to add more Middle East classes though his class on Islam went fast too. I managed to get a space in it, barely. There were 6 seats left when Junior enrollment started and I enrolled. Two hours later the class was full.

Timeline

Wow that's amazing! I just got some news myself could be good could be bad. I've been thinking about it ever since I found out and trying to process it. It changes everything. Again. :rollseyes: See my Study Abroad thread erh "acceptance to AUC" thread. Looks like I will really be needing those books before I go. Are you really gonna send them? If so that would be great!

Edited by Far2Long

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I'll check out your thread, I promise, and get those books out by this weekend. For now, I gotta hurry and get ready for work, lol. I delayed too much as it is, but I have to be there supper early today :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
It must be nice to watch American tv lol.... we have some movie channels here... that play mostly older american made films.... and we do occasionally get new stuff , on show cinema... but not often.

Also, we have a channel called mbc 4, it has American news, Oprah, American Idol, Ghost whisperer, Charmed, Dr. Phil, Doctors, Beauty and the Geek... so I watch that channel most of the time.

That brings back memories of me living in Morocco for three months. I stayed humped up in front of the tube while my husband worked watching MBC. It was MBC 3 or 4. I can't remember which one. We would get up at noon everyday to have breakfast and watch Dr. Phil. Those were the days. At the time I was there it was Charmed, Dr. Phil, Oprah, So you think you can dance. And don't forget all those ridiculous commercials. Ahhh sweet memories.

:rofl: I never watched Dr Phil until I was in Morocco lol. I Loved MBC4 and noon breakfast (with lunch an hour away...). and Mint Tea. MMMMMMMMMMM!!!

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: Timeline

I never watched Dr. Phil also, until I moved to Egypt, nor Oprah for that matter... but MBC 4 is about the only Americanized channel I have on my cable system... and I thank god for it, cuz pretty much everything else is arabic. we do have some movie channels with American movies... maybe 5 total

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
It must be nice to watch American tv lol.... we have some movie channels here... that play mostly older american made films.... and we do occasionally get new stuff , on show cinema... but not often.

Also, we have a channel called mbc 4, it has American news, Oprah, American Idol, Ghost whisperer, Charmed, Dr. Phil, Doctors, Beauty and the Geek... so I watch that channel most of the time.

That brings back memories of me living in Morocco for three months. I stayed humped up in front of the tube while my husband worked watching MBC. It was MBC 3 or 4. I can't remember which one. We would get up at noon everyday to have breakfast and watch Dr. Phil. Those were the days. At the time I was there it was Charmed, Dr. Phil, Oprah, So you think you can dance. And don't forget all those ridiculous commercials. Ahhh sweet memories.

:rofl: I never watched Dr Phil until I was in Morocco lol. I Loved MBC4 and noon breakfast (with lunch an hour away...). and Mint Tea. MMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Yeah, and I never did watch Dr. Phil after coming back to the states. I guess we are kind of like they are here. Trying to cling on to everything Arab, but we were doing the same thing by trying to cling to everything American...ha ha

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I love MBC4, and we have a channel with movies since last fall MBC Max, it plays nice movies. Also found Space toon English for Josh and he really like Smile of a Child--its a Christian based childrens channel.

We will be getting the showtime family package in the next mth or so.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.