Dr. A ♥ O

Wednesday is Hump Day!!!

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning all. me tired :dead:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Morning! :)

I love Wednesdays! Ghost Hunters and America's Next Top Model are on tonight :)

Oh... I saw Twilight the other day and now.... I bought the book. I think I am becoming obsessed....

That's what I'm talking about. I am a Ghost Hunters addict. My husband tells me in his best french accent that I am "Bizarre".

Good day to everyone. I'm working from home today and trying to keep Mehdi in check. He is crawling all over the house and putting EVERYTHING in his mouth. I found him licking his dads shoes after I realized that he was being way too quiet and realized what he was doing. :blink:

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh... I saw Twilight the other day and now.... I bought the book. I think I am becoming obsessed....

Indeed, ANTM is on tonight!!! :dance:

Omg I love ANTM. I am so glad Sandra got kicked off. It's hard to see who is going to win. Maybe Celia.... but she's getting an attitude.....

Edited by Leyla

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I was watching Ghost Hunters religiously every Wednesday, but then I got started watching "House" and haven't watched recently. My favorite is the haunted hotels and lighthouse.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Hump day everyone...

My husband is criminologist and he got me addicted to crime shows!! We watch "First 48" everyday!!! we hunt the episodes online and watch all night. Other than that I like normal stuff like "Trading spouses" "supernanny"..

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Timeline

It must be nice to watch American tv lol.... we have some movie channels here... that play mostly older american made films.... and we do occasionally get new stuff , on show cinema... but not often.

Also, we have a channel called mbc 4, it has American news, Oprah, American Idol, Ghost whisperer, Charmed, Dr. Phil, Doctors, Beauty and the Geek... so I watch that channel most of the time.

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

I love Ghost Hunters too!! And, I am finishing up Breaking Dawn!!

Betsy El Sum

Timeline
It must be nice to watch American tv lol.... we have some movie channels here... that play mostly older american made films.... and we do occasionally get new stuff , on show cinema... but not often.

Also, we have a channel called mbc 4, it has American news, Oprah, American Idol, Ghost whisperer, Charmed, Dr. Phil, Doctors, Beauty and the Geek... so I watch that channel most of the time.

That brings back memories of me living in Morocco for three months. I stayed humped up in front of the tube while my husband worked watching MBC. It was MBC 3 or 4. I can't remember which one. We would get up at noon everyday to have breakfast and watch Dr. Phil. Those were the days. At the time I was there it was Charmed, Dr. Phil, Oprah, So you think you can dance. And don't forget all those ridiculous commercials. Ahhh sweet memories.

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Timeline
I was watching Ghost Hunters religiously every Wednesday, but then I got started watching "House" and haven't watched recently. My favorite is the haunted hotels and lighthouse.

You gotta start back girl. The new season started a few weeks ago. I never got into House. I work for a cranky doctor so I don't like watching one on television. :P

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Kenza found out her I 130 was approved because she had to call! She didn't get any approval letter or email or anything and it was approved 20+ days ago! Now I have to get bugging on the NVC...

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: Timeline
Jillai, I don't know how you do it. Do you guys plan on living in the US? If so, would he be cool with staying home all while you work and not go out without you because you may be jealous? If not, then I don't think you should have to be sequestered because he's "jealous". It's really unfair, IMO.

Im not sure what the problem with me going outside is exactly, I think it might also be the way he was raised ... his brothers r the same with their wives also, and their wives are Egyptian.

We r not allowed to go outside, unless we call them and ask if its ok.... its a little different for me though, I have to have a very good reason for going outside.

I cant just get up and go venture outside, no way... also, I dont live in the greatest area, I think that might play a factor in it as well.

We have had the talk about American culture and how American women are very independent. and do not have to answer to their husbands on every little thing they do... according to him, he understands that. and always tells me, You live my way here Jill in Egypt, and I will live your way in America... so ... Im waiting for that day to come.... I would say we should be in America no longer than 6 months.... so we will see .... ;)

I'm sorry to drag yesterday into today but I couldn't sit this one out. Jill. I'm sorry to say that you are setting yourself up for big trouble when you all come here. Many (not all) of these men come here and have the same "perspective" as yours does and we didn't live with them in their countries to teach them otherwise before they came here.

You are "training" (for lack of a better word) him to believe that you will be completely submissive to all of his control and this is not a "live my way here and live your way there" kind of thing. Once you get here, he won't understand why you have decided to "go against his wishes" by being American and going to the store alone or going out with friends without him.

This isn't just going to be a small issue but rather a very huge battle between you both UNLESS you are willing to be kept captive in your own home for the duration of your marriage together in the USA.

You need to start getting him used to the fact that you are a strong and independent woman and you, as a human being, have the RIGHT to do as you please and he can not hold you behind walls for his enjoyment only forever. The only One that can hinder your life is God and sure, you can respect your husband but he has to respect you as well. You HAVE to teach him this and work on his insecurities THERE ....BEFORE you come here because he won't change overnight.

I may be totally wrong in this and I pray that I am. Good luck and if you ever ever need to talk...I'm here for you.

(F) amal (F)

As much as I love this man... I will leave him if he continues in this pattern, and I have told him so many times, we have had many discussions about American women independence, and they way of life there, granted, he doesn't know yet, because he hasn't experienced it.. but the first time he tells me I can't go outside for ANY reason. my relationship with this man is over! I have given up myself for 3 years now.... for this guy... Once I hit my country again, I will go back to living the same exact way as I did before I left, if this is something that he can't accept, he will be back on the first plane to Egypt as far as im concerned. I am an adult woman, not a child, and Im certainly not going to let a man ( that is younger than me , mind you) run my life ANYMORE!

he does it here... and gives me reason why... ok, i'll accept that.. even though I dont like it. but I WILL NOT ACCEPT IT IN AMERICA!

and sure, I will keep u guys posted .. how things are going once we get back there, guess we will just have to wait and see.

Thank you for your concern and kind words. :x

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.