Dr. A ♥ O

Wednesday is Hump Day!!!

59 posts in this topic

:thumbs:

I really admired what you have said Amal. Very clear and respectfully put.

Leyla...My oldest daughter (12) and my husband both love scary, horror tales and we watch this Ghost Hunters show every Wednesday.

Jackie.....sweet picture :luv: ...so nice...how you holding up girlfriend?

Kelz..........GET BETTER MOMMIE!!!!!!

Staashi....miss you sweetie....I know you are very busy and tired :blink: ...hang in there and I cant wait to see more pictures soon.

HI AMY!!!! Howz things?

Annie....Havent seen you in a bit...hope you are fine darling....still praying for ya (F)

Just another day of rain here.....then the rest of the week and weekend will be what it is supposed to be....VERY WARM!

Last night was IDOL....I LOVE ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!! He is definitely an IDOL.

Have a good day ladies...today is my payday.....GOD I need it.

Charles....have you popped yet? :P

Edited by sandrila

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

On Monday see thread for pix: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191446

Say do you guys think I should take an Arabic class at AUC even though it's only for one semester?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi everyone! Happy Hump day. Inlaws will start leaving Friday and the rest will leave Sunday. then back to boringgg ol' saudi life lol

cant wait to get a car so we can take some riyadh adventures, off foot lol, hopefully in time for the hot hot hot summer.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Timeline

:thumbs: Well said, Amal...I completely agree.

Jillai, I don't know how you do it. Do you guys plan on living in the US? If so, would he be cool with staying home all while you work and not go out without you because you may be jealous? If not, then I don't think you should have to be sequestered because he's "jealous". It's really unfair, IMO.

Im not sure what the problem with me going outside is exactly, I think it might also be the way he was raised ... his brothers r the same with their wives also, and their wives are Egyptian.

We r not allowed to go outside, unless we call them and ask if its ok.... its a little different for me though, I have to have a very good reason for going outside.

I cant just get up and go venture outside, no way... also, I dont live in the greatest area, I think that might play a factor in it as well.

We have had the talk about American culture and how American women are very independent. and do not have to answer to their husbands on every little thing they do... according to him, he understands that. and always tells me, You live my way here Jill in Egypt, and I will live your way in America... so ... Im waiting for that day to come.... I would say we should be in America no longer than 6 months.... so we will see .... ;)

I'm sorry to drag yesterday into today but I couldn't sit this one out. Jill. I'm sorry to say that you are setting yourself up for big trouble when you all come here. Many (not all) of these men come here and have the same "perspective" as yours does and we didn't live with them in their countries to teach them otherwise before they came here.

You are "training" (for lack of a better word) him to believe that you will be completely submissive to all of his control and this is not a "live my way here and live your way there" kind of thing. Once you get here, he won't understand why you have decided to "go against his wishes" by being American and going to the store alone or going out with friends without him.

This isn't just going to be a small issue but rather a very huge battle between you both UNLESS you are willing to be kept captive in your own home for the duration of your marriage together in the USA.

You need to start getting him used to the fact that you are a strong and independent woman and you, as a human being, have the RIGHT to do as you please and he can not hold you behind walls for his enjoyment only forever. The only One that can hinder your life is God and sure, you can respect your husband but he has to respect you as well. You HAVE to teach him this and work on his insecurities THERE ....BEFORE you come here because he won't change overnight.

I may be totally wrong in this and I pray that I am. Good luck and if you ever ever need to talk...I'm here for you.

(F) amal (F)

On Monday see thread for pix: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191446

Say do you guys think I should take an Arabic class at AUC even though it's only for one semester?

OMG CHARLES!!! (and nessa too) he's absolutely adorable! congratulations/mabrookulations from tata amal!!! Now I just sit and wait for you all to decide to take a Houston vacation so I can meet him n person!

Gabi...seriously girl, we need to get together! if u ever have time off or if u get really bored...cmmon down to the new pad for a few days with ur man-cub and butterball! I'd love to see you all!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Liv, you can take the class...record it.... photocopy alllllllllllll the assignments/books.....and send us all copies lol

yes, absolutely take and enjoy the 1 semester class

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Morning everyone, hope all is well with you guys. I'm taking my father to the dentist today as his tooth has been bothering him. Finally got my migraine under control last night, but only because I broke down and took the medication I have for the pain. I just couldn't take it anymore, but I'm fairly sure I'm not pregnant though yesterday was day 14 so there was some risk. Hopefully it was fine and not a problem.

Sandrila, you amaze me at how great you are about commenting to everyone. Glad you are doing well.

Olivia, definitaly take the class. It will at least help you to begin reading and writing. That was how I got started, taking college classes in Arabic. I feel so bad that I got those books for you and then my hubby came so I got distracted on sending them. If you still have the same address as before I could try and get them to you this week. I have a great dictionary that you will find really useful once you get some basics down in Arabic. It would be expensive to buy on your own, but I got it for free so no big deal. Let me know. I don't have an extra of my favorite pocket Arabic dictionary but it is about $22 if you want to consider buying it. All beginners find it to be very helpful.

Charles and Nessa, I want to say congratulations again. Also, just saw the pics and think the baby is so adorable.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Morning everyone, hope all is well with you guys. I'm taking my father to the dentist today as his tooth has been bothering him. Finally got my migraine under control last night, but only because I broke down and took the medication I have for the pain. I just couldn't take it anymore, but I'm fairly sure I'm not pregnant though yesterday was day 14 so there was some risk. Hopefully it was fine and not a problem.

Olivia, definitaly take the class. It will at least help you to begin reading and writing. That was how I got started, taking college classes in Arabic. I feel so bad that I got those books for you and then my hubby came so I got distracted on sending them. If you still have the same address as before I could try and get them to you this week. I have a great dictionary that you will find really useful once you get some basics down in Arabic. It would be expensive to buy on your own, but I got it for free so no big deal. Let me know. I don't have an extra of my favorite pocket Arabic dictionary but it is about $22 if you want to consider buying it. All beginners find it to be very helpful.

After last night I remembered your Husband is a Doctor! :lol: He could advise you as well. I am glad you feel better. That is the pits.

Yes same addy and pls do send those books post haste! I only have 34 days left here and so need them and would appreciate it greatly!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

After last night I remembered your Husband is a Doctor! :lol: He could advise you as well. I am glad you feel better. That is the pits.

Yes same addy and pls do send those books post haste! I only have 34 days left here and so need them and would appreciate it greatly!

My husband is trying to help me, your right. He just can't write prescriptions is the main problem.

This is one of the dictionaries I will send you:

http://www.amazon.com/Arabic-English-Dicti...c/dp/0879500034

I don't have an extra of this next one, but I recommend you buy it as it is great for beginners and looks like Amazon sells it for $7.20

http://www.amazon.com/Arabic-Practical-Dic.../ref=pd_sim_b_8

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

I think I stated at some point that I am going to use Arabic for Dummies. Both hubby and I saw the books in Borders and

I think it will be helpful to start that way. He hasnt taken too much responsibility in helping me after all this time but

I think with me having the book and I can ask him questions any time and regarding punctuation, I am sure I could learn.

I am ready to take the intiative on myself since he hasn't. I want to go back to Morocco and surprise the family PLUS I am tired of

being in the loop when I am there and also would be nice to communicate with my husband here and have no one else understand :P

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Liv, you can take the class...record it.... photocopy alllllllllllll the assignments/books.....and send us all copies lol

yes, absolutely take and enjoy the 1 semester class

I agree with Amal! I need to learn too!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.