calidreamer80

Officially 5 months

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Cali

If it matters everyone is pulling for you. It sounds like you are getting close, the senator route will most likely jog your petition free. Best of luck

3-27-06 Sent I-129F to TSC - Transferred to CSC

3-29-06 NOA 1 Receipt Date

4-04-06 NOA 1 Notice Date

4-04-06 Check clears the bank

7-03-06 Touched - RFE - IMBRA Sent Out

7-08-06 Received RFE - IMBRA - Date 6-23-06 and Postmarked 6-27-06

7-08-06 Stopped by Border Securtiy on NCIC name hit - Identity Theft two years ago and theif used my name as an alias which is now permanently tied to his criminal file as an alias - Border Security very helpful and understanding and apologetic about the situation but they have to verify I was not the perpetratpr.

7-10-06 Sent RFE

7-11-06 Received by CSC

7-19-06 Touched e-mail stating received 7-19-06 (BS)

8-03-06 Wondering ####### is taking so long - 128 days now

8-21-06 Congressional Inquiry

8-24-06 NOA2 WHoooohoooo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So sorry to hear how long it is taking, esepcially since your case is pre-IMBRA. Hope you get some good news soon!

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Sorry to hear about how long it is taking. It sure is a ridiculous amount of time to wait. I am also waiting in Canada. If you don't mind me asking, why did they put a border block on you? I think I have the same thing on me too.

I didn't have sufficient ties to Canada so they border blocked me for that. I also was visiting too much I think. You think you have the same thing? Tell me about your experience in PM if you want.

Lifting of Conditions

*Sent form 05/15 to CA Service Center

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

*Notification of RFE acceptance 10/2009

*Interview Date: December 4th!

*January 9th: Received 10 year Green Card in the mail :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sarah,

I just got back after a month on active duty. Have not read any of my snail mail. I had infrequent attempts of look into my civilian e-mail, because they consider this not "official" government business. So I was hoping for some luck. Maybe, just maybe they sent me notice of our visa approval. Well imagine how disappointed I was. Nothing!!!! I going on 8 months!!!! Still waiting for the ICE people do their investigation. I am an American Citizen. I swore to defend this country against all enemies, Foreign and domestic. How long does it take to investigate that. This week is really tough. Nadya broke her phone and money is tight for us right now. ( When we go on active duty. We sacrifice more than our time, but also our ability to make the kind of money we can as civilians) I cannot talk to her and she must send me e-mails. This just makes me hurt more and miss her like no other. My congressman says they will call when they hear something. (6 weeks) 29 week and 1 day and they are still investigating.

I just spent time down in Bixoli, Missippissi. No words can describe just what those poor souls are having to endure with waiting on the government. Local, county, state or federal does not matter. we are just a small segments of the wheels of government having flat tires. This has nothing to do about who's in elected office. This is about the career government worker. There is nothing an elected politician can do because the people who work in the dark corners will never be had accountable. So Sarah, you and I wait. Like many others who came before us. When and if we are approval we will be so happy we will let these joker get off. I pray for your happiness and approval. My heart has taken a beating, I try to smile everyday.

Scott

Thanks everyone for all your kind words. Jon called one of his senators today and they recieved his request for help, information. They said they would work on our case this week and get back to us when they find anything out. I'm just glad someone is looking into things even if we don't get a specific answer out of it. It sucks that soooo many people's lives are in the hands of the government (and not just us visa journey'ers either).

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Thanks everyone for all your kind words. Jon called one of his senators today and they recieved his request for help, information. They said they would work on our case this week and get back to us when they find anything out. I'm just glad someone is looking into things even if we don't get a specific answer out of it. It sucks that soooo many people's lives are in the hands of the government (and not just us visa journey'ers either).

I feel bad for you calidreamer, I really do. You should have been done long before me, but it is good your senators are involved. I really feel that is what got my case moving.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

sorry you have had to wait so long. I hope you hear something soon. I know what you mean about spending another winter alone. I don't want to spend another alaskan winter alone either. Burr its to cold.

5-2005/ met online

11-4-2005/ went to see him in republic of georgia

11-25-2005 returned home

01-17-2006/ sent I129F to <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->nsc<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

01-23-2006/ packet was recieved and signed for

01-23-2006 / NOA 1

01-26-2006/ check was cashed

01-31-2006/ recieved NOA 1 in mail

03-23-2006/ NOA 2 - oh yeah

03-27-2006/ touched

03-30-2006/ recieved NOA 2 in mail

04-07-2006-petition was sent to nvc

04-19-2006/petition got entered into nvc system recieved case number

05-30-2006/ interview date ( yahoo)

05-30-2006/he was put on a/p

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Sarah

I am still hanging in here with ya, I have been so frustrated lately too. I know what you are going through, you and I have been going through this entire process together seems like. It seems as if our cases are going through the exact same thing, HUH. Hopefully you will have better luck with your senator than I did. Good luck to you , I am glad you finally got in contact with them at least. Hopefully they can give you some answers. We really need some at this point. I guess I am just going to wait another month and see if anythign happens at the magic 6 month mark. Good Luck to you you are in my thoughts.

~Stacey

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
I know its of little consolation, but at least if you are stuck in security checks you know they are working on your petition and making progress towards your NOA2...

Those of us (especially from CSC) who are still waiting for RFE's due to IMBRA have had our petitions shelved.... 90 days and counting here... I just pray that we don't have the ADDED delay of security checks on top of everything else... :(

I'm pulling for you Cali, as I know we all are :yes:

I have a question ... we send our I129F@Nebraska Center. On May 24th we received our NOA1 From California Center and got nothing else since then. Why they transfered us to California? Have any idea how long it will take? I wanna know how that RFE looks like. Can you guys help me out?

Thanks and good luck to everybody!

Sarah

I am still hanging in here with ya, I have been so frustrated lately too. I know what you are going through, you and I have been going through this entire process together seems like. It seems as if our cases are going through the exact same thing, HUH. Hopefully you will have better luck with your senator than I did. Good luck to you , I am glad you finally got in contact with them at least. Hopefully they can give you some answers. We really need some at this point. I guess I am just going to wait another month and see if anythign happens at the magic 6 month mark. Good Luck to you you are in my thoughts.

~Stacey

It does seem like our timelines are going through the exact same thing. It sucks but I'm glad I know someone who is going through the same thing. As much as it sucks its good to know I'm not alone. I hope we hear something soon. :thumbs:

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Cali, I have been there and done that, even got the T-shirt. lol

It's a p!sser having to wait for the government. I should know, it took us about a year and a half from submitting the I-129f to getting the Visa, ending up contacting Lawyers and Senators and blowing so darn much money on USCIS's muck up.

I hope you hear from them soon, and they decide to pull their grubby little fingers out of their <achooo> oops I sneezed lol.

All in all, I would of done the wait again to be here with my husband.

Keeping fingers crossed you hear back soon, I know its frustrating, but once you get your visa, you will feel like a big weight has been lifted off your shoulders and your life can start up again.

All the best.

Jo

Jo & Michael

K1

29th Jun 03 - Applied for I-129f

12th Jan 05 - Interview at Embassy

AOS

20th Apr 05 - Mailed AOS and paperwork to Chicago.

27th Oct 05 - Received Green Card in Mail (2 yr Conditional)

I-751

24th Jul 07 - Mailed I-751 to TSC

27th Jul 07 - I-751 Received at TSC (Transferred to CSC)

17th Aug 07 - Check Cleared

20th Aug 07 - NOA received (2 NOA's both with dif. receipt #'s for the same thing hmmm..)

30th Aug 07 - ACS Biometrics letters received

21st Sep 07 - Biometrics appointment at Charlotte

1st Nov 07 - Case status online reads "Card production ordered"

3rd Nov 07 - Greencard received in mail

Cali, I have been there and done that, even got the T-shirt. lol

It's a p!sser having to wait for the government. I should know, it took us about a year and a half from submitting the I-129f to getting the Visa, ending up contacting Lawyers and Senators and blowing so darn much money on USCIS's muck up.

I hope you hear from them soon, and they decide to pull their grubby little fingers out of their <achooo> oops I sneezed lol.

All in all, I would of done the wait again to be here with my husband.

Keeping fingers crossed you hear back soon, I know its frustrating, but once you get your visa, you will feel like a big weight has been lifted off your shoulders and your life can start up again.

All the best.

Jo

Thanks Jo. It may suck but I know I'm meant to be with Jon and I will go through anything to be with him in the end. I'm sure things will turn out ok I'm just not sure when.

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.