Pinay Wife

Show Me Yours, I'll Show You Mine

292 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

100_3713.jpg

neat to see gifford pinchot in washington. he was governor of pennsylvania in the '20's and there is a state park close to my home in york pennsylvania named for him. IIRC, he left the governor's office to become secretary of interior. probably the washington park is named for him as a result of his time in that position.

Edited by justashooter

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

neat to see gifford pinchot in washington. he was governor of pennsylvania in the '20's and there is a state park close to my home in york pennsylvania named for him. IIRC, he left the governor's office to become secretary of interior. probably the washington park is named for him as a result of his time in that position.

Thanks for the info. I wondered who he was. I also googled him today.

Gifford Pinchot (August 11, 1865 – October 4, 1946) was the first Chief of the United States Forest Service (1905–1910) and the Governor of Pennsylvania (1923–1927, 1931–1935). He was a Republican and Progressive. Pinchot is known for reforming the management and development of forests in the United States and for advocating the conservation of the nation's reserves by planned use and renewal. He called it "the art of producing from the forest whatever it can yield for the service of man." Pinchot coined the term conservation ethic as applied to natural resources.

Hey guys! Long time no post here for me... been going through a lot especially when we lost our precious girl Pepper (see picture on my siggy :crying: ). I got some new pictures to post but may take a little while to do it. About gardening, I used to kill every living plant in the Philippines even by just touching or watering them. That's why I am not allowed to get near any garden. I used to take care some potted greeneries at my old workplace but none of them survived. I told this to my husband and he said he didn't think I have no green thumb. So this year, he made me plant all our vegetables and flowers to prove that I was wrong. Boy, I was sooooooo scared that they will not live. I forewarned hubby that he will be disappointed if we would not have any fresh produce from our own garden. He said, "naaaaaaaa, I think you'll do great". Right now all the vegetables that I planted are growing wild and loaded with blossoms. Even the flowers that I planted are doing great! I am soooooooo relieved! I'll post pictures later!

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

~Pinay Wife,

Thanks. I love taking photos. Your hiking photos look great too. Maybe, one day me and my husband can hike at that place. I will tell him about it. I love the waterfalls and the giant trees.

~RonMay, may regular visitor din kami sa backyard..a Black Cat. Gusto kong ampunin because kamukha nya yung pusa ko sa Pinas. Kaya lang mukhang kailangan nya ng training coz one time nag-iwan sya ng dumi doon. :wacko:

~David-Mae, Sorry to hear about Pepper.

Last month, sa sobrang pag-aayos ko ng garden, pati mga tanim na fern ng husband ko naputol ko.. :unsure: buti na lang di siya nagalit. B)

~Pink and Felb,

I took these cherry blossom pics last month at the GreenLake park near our house.

DSCN0604.jpg

DSCN0605.jpg

~Chinook

Edited by Tahoma

Hey guys! Long time no post here for me... been going through a lot especially when we lost our precious girl Pepper (see picture on my siggy :crying: ). I got some new pictures to post but may take a little while to do it. About gardening, I used to kill every living plant in the Philippines even by just touching or watering them. That's why I am not allowed to get near any garden. I used to take care some potted greeneries at my old workplace but none of them survived. I told this to my husband and he said he didn't think I have no green thumb. So this year, he made me plant all our vegetables and flowers to prove that I was wrong. Boy, I was sooooooo scared that they will not live. I forewarned hubby that he will be disappointed if we would not have any fresh produce from our own garden. He said, "naaaaaaaa, I think you'll do great". Right now all the vegetables that I planted are growing wild and loaded with blossoms. Even the flowers that I planted are doing great! I am soooooooo relieved! I'll post pictures later!

David Mae parehas tayo.. Kahit ako nung last year takot akong mag tanim ng mga bulaklak ini-encourage lang ako nung asawa ko na try ko ulit daw mag tanim yun namulak-lak naman sila so i was very happu naman. Kaya lng this year hindi masyadong maganda kinalabasan ng mga tinanim ko kc na sobrahan sa ulan last couple weeks ago tapos yung mga walang hiyang mga rabbit ginawang lunch yung ibang flowers ko na nasa ground lng :angry: . Kaya eto inggit ako sa kanila kc ganda ng garden nila lol.

Pero wait... Post na lng ako ibang pictures... yung nasa bathroom na lng in Shopping Mall with friends :rofl: next time na lng yung sa garden.

MeFriendsinLadiesRoom.jpg

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

Hello Vj's sisters...puede ba akong sumali kahit saling-pusa lang , lol! Ginamit ko account ni hubby :blush: ..nakaka aliw naman kasi esp. nakita ko si sis Cora..ganda-ganda naman ni sis.. :thumbs: kumusta na mare? naenganyo ako kasi nakita ko din si Ronmay,cute yung wedding nyo sa snow ah one of a kind ! si Mae(David~Mae)..as always baby face and ang cute-cute ng smile..ayyy nakakatuwa!Saka ang daming bago at ang gaganda nila! Iba talaga ang gandang pinay, walang tatalo..oppsss baka may umaray sa paligid-ligid alam nyo na, ay! :P

Life is good kahit na natanggal ako sa primary job ko ... I would like to think na may nagsara man ng pinto, malaking-malaking bintana naman ng oportunidad ang magbubukas..think positive pa rin..I still have my 2nd job.Thanks God!

Oh eto makiki post na din ako..salamat nga pala sis Cora for starting this thread... :luv: nakapag post tuloy ako uli ha ha! :blush:

Mga biyenan ko, wala akong masabi sa kabaitan nilang dalawa! :yes::thumbs:

April1809093.jpg

The 2 Cornelius..

April1809088.jpg

My MIL..loves ko yan! :luv: Para kaming kape at gatas hehe

April1809098.jpg

My pride and Joy my son Robin..napaka bait na bata, sana hindi magbago..

PB1.jpg

April2309100.jpg

Celebrating our 1st Anni, after a year ,We ate our wedding cake here..dungis namin noh? hehe

IMG_2207.jpg

Our 2nd Anni..natawa si Mister sa blue icing decor ko..ang laki-laki daw ng 2.. :lol:

April2309122.jpg

O may susunod pa ha :P ..wait lang kasi parang ang hirap mag upload ngayon or kinalawang na yata ako sa pagpo post.. :lol:

Luzy here posting :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

i miss seeing you on vj!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Hello Vj's sisters...puede ba akong sumali kahit saling-pusa lang , lol! Ginamit ko account ni hubby :blush: ..nakaka aliw naman kasi esp. nakita ko si sis Cora..ganda-ganda naman ni sis.. :thumbs: kumusta na mare? naenganyo ako kasi nakita ko din si Ronmay,cute yung wedding nyo sa snow ah one of a kind ! si Mae(David~Mae)..as always baby face and ang cute-cute ng smile..ayyy nakakatuwa!Saka ang daming bago at ang gaganda nila! Iba talaga ang gandang pinay, walang tatalo..oppsss baka may umaray sa paligid-ligid alam nyo na, ay! :P

Life is good kahit na natanggal ako sa primary job ko ... I would like to think na may nagsara man ng pinto, malaking-malaking bintana naman ng oportunidad ang magbubukas..think positive pa rin..I still have my 2nd job.Thanks God!

Oh eto makiki post na din ako..salamat nga pala sis Cora for starting this thread... :luv: nakapag post tuloy ako uli ha ha! :blush:

SISTERHOOD!!!!!!! I'm so happy to see you here again. I miss you!!! Dami ring ibang friends mo dito sa VJ (puti/itim/tsokoleyt/berde [utak]) ang nami-miss ka. Nababasa ko minsan sa ibang forum na pinag-uusapan ka nila. Sa mga Pinay, ikaw at si Jinky (ni Brother Steven) lang ang lab nila. Ibang mga Pinay, hate na nila hehehe. Bakit kaya? :innocent: Haba kasi ng hair natin.

Buti naman kahit nawala yung isang mong trabaho, meron ka pang ibang trabaho. I'm glad positive na positive pa din ang attitude mo in life kaya positive energy din ang dumadating sa iyo. Laki na ni Robin ah. Si Gary, kamukha ng Dad nya.

We will wait for your other pictures. Post ka dito palagi ha? Nagbabasa pa rin kaya ang ibang old-timers like maria, garya, sillygirl, etc. I also miss Sheriff Uling. Tuluyan na talagang nagtampo si Sheriff.

John and Juvy, bakit wala ang picture?

About gardening ulit, last fall nung nangamatay ang ibang plants, I pulled them all out. Yun pala, mga perennials yung binunot ko na bumabalik naman pala every year hehehehe. Hindi ko kasi alam eh. So ngayon yung harap ng bahay, kalbo kasi walang natirang perennials. Dati hindi ko alam kung ano ang perennials at annuals. Ang perennial plant, namatay sa fall tapos nabubuhay sa spring. Ang annuals naman, pag namatay, patay na talaga at kailangang bunutin para palitan uli. Haaay, wala kasi sa Philippines na ganyan na perennials at annuals.

Tahoma, ganda ng park nyo. Kukunan ko din nga ang park namin. May lake ang park namin kaya maganda rin siya.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mga biyenan ko, wala akong masabi sa kabaitan nilang dalawa! :yes::thumbs:

April1809093.jpg

The 2 Cornelius..

April1809088.jpg

My MIL..loves ko yan! :luv: Para kaming kape at gatas hehe

April1809098.jpg

My pride and Joy my son Robin..napaka bait na bata, sana hindi magbago..

PB1.jpg

April2309100.jpg

Celebrating our 1st Anni, after a year ,We ate our wedding cake here..dungis namin noh? hehe

IMG_2207.jpg

Our 2nd Anni..natawa si Mister sa blue icing decor ko..ang laki-laki daw ng 2.. :lol:

April2309122.jpg

O may susunod pa ha :P ..wait lang kasi parang ang hirap mag upload ngayon or kinalawang na yata ako sa pagpo post.. :lol:

Ate Luz, HUGS

You still running around taking pictures. :lol:

nice picture of your inlaws. :)

Take care

Yogi

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ate Luz (makiki-ate na rin ako :D), nice pictures :):thumbs:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Hello,

Ang saya naman dito, as in binasa ko and tinignan lahat ng pics mula sa unang pahina..... And pasali din, heto kami ng anak ko....

Sensya na, my first time to upload photo here...sana magwork.

post-57110-1244076599_thumb.jpg

post-57110-1244076666_thumb.jpg

February 2006 - File Petition, Approved

May 2006 - Medical, Interview, VISA on hand

September 2006 - Set foot prints in the chilly icy JFK, NYC

December 2006 - Civil Wedding

March 2007 - File AOS

June 29, 2007 - Temporary Green Card

I-751

May 30, 2009 - Priority Mail with Confirmation Receipt I-751 Packet

June 1, 2009 - Packed Received by USCIS around 4PM (per USPS Confirmation Delivery Receipt) - now, what's next?

June 2, 2009 - I-797C Receipt Date (Time 21:07....are they operating 24 hours???)

June 3, 2009 - Cashed Check/Bank Cleared

June 4, 2009 - USCIS Postage Date

June 5, 2009 - Local Post Office Receipt date (so, its been sitting on our mail box in house #2 for 5 days...)

June 11, 2009 - Got it! 1 year extension notice......

June 18, 2009 - Received Biometrics schedule

July 10, 2009 - Biometrics Day (cancelled/re-sched)

July 23, 2009 - Biometrics day

November 2, 2009 - Approved

November 5, 2009 - Received via Mail "Approval Notice"

Waiting for actual GC

----NO RFE!!!-----------

rmdlw2.png

SISTERHOOD!!!!!!! I'm so happy to see you here again. I miss you!!! Dami ring ibang friends mo dito sa VJ (puti/itim/tsokoleyt/berde [utak]) ang nami-miss ka. Nababasa ko minsan sa ibang forum na pinag-uusapan ka nila. Sa mga Pinay, ikaw at si Jinky (ni Brother Steven) lang ang lab nila. Ibang mga Pinay, hate na nila hehehe. Bakit kaya? :innocent: Haba kasi ng hair natin.

Buti naman kahit nawala yung isang mong trabaho, meron ka pang ibang trabaho. I'm glad positive na positive pa din ang attitude mo in life kaya positive energy din ang dumadating sa iyo. Laki na ni Robin ah. Si Gary, kamukha ng Dad nya.

We will wait for your other pictures. Post ka dito palagi ha? Nagbabasa pa rin kaya ang ibang old-timers like maria, garya, sillygirl, etc. I also miss Sheriff Uling. Tuluyan na talagang nagtampo si Sheriff Uling.

Hey sis,

Kailangan talagang positive sis..ganun naman talaga ang cycle of life di ba? pag may nawala may darating...sana lang hwag magtagal kasi talagang nagtitipid para makauwi naman next year sa pinas..miss ko na talaga umuwi..aside from I miss my family there, gusto ko talagang kumain ng seafoods and yung mga prutas natin..nagsawa naman kasi ako sa grapes at apples and oranges dito ! :lol: .... nakow daig ko pang buntis nire eh..manggang maniba with bagoong ang gusto kong papakin with inihaw na isda..saka yung mga tsiko, atis ,rambutan ,duhat ,sinigwelas , bayabas at ,.. ahhhh..ibalik nyo ako sa pilipinas!!! :crying:

Ang laki na din ng anak mo , pogi ha..saka si Dough mo parang bumabata yata..it just show how you take good care of him..galing naman ng sis ko! sorry to hear about your dog ..nakakalungkot naman. :((F)

Uy ang ganda naman ng ''bahay kubo'' nyo..padalaw naman dyan..saka yung kitchen mo ang ganda, parang yung nakikita ko sa magazine. :thumbs: housewife talaga ang dating ha mare..I do like your japanese garden too. galing-galing naman!

Ate Luz, HUGS

You still running around taking pictures. :lol:

nice picture of your inlaws. :)

Take care

Yogi

:lol:

Hi Chris..Yep! Taking pics is my hobby!Do you want more? Just tell me.. :P

You take care too bro.

Ate Luz (makiki-ate na rin ako :D), nice pictures :):thumbs:

Hi Pink..ok lang..my pleasure to call me ate :) ..nasusubaybayan ko rin ang visa journey nyong mag-asawa..kakatuwa at magkaka baby na kau at pasko pa ang due date huh..double celebration, yay!

Here's my fur-babies with their Kuya Robin. :P

May1009050.jpg- with Bruha

May1009052.jpg-and Tabujet

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

i miss seeing you on vj!

Hey Charles.. :dance: Miss you and Nessa too..how's Ben? Say Hi to Nessa pls, thankie.. :luv:

hi Luzy, i enjoyed following your own visa journey, glad to see youre back. nice in laws by the way :D

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

David Mae parehas tayo.. Kahit ako nung last year takot akong mag tanim ng mga bulaklak ini-encourage lang ako nung asawa ko na try ko ulit daw mag tanim yun namulak-lak naman sila so i was very happu naman. Kaya lng this year hindi masyadong maganda kinalabasan ng mga tinanim ko kc na sobrahan sa ulan last couple weeks ago tapos yung mga walang hiyang mga rabbit ginawang lunch yung ibang flowers ko na nasa ground lng :angry: . Kaya eto inggit ako sa kanila kc ganda ng garden nila lol.

Pero wait... Post na lng ako ibang pictures... yung nasa bathroom na lng in Shopping Mall with friends :rofl: next time na lng yung sa garden.

Try lang ng try sis... Our problem here is the squirrels. They got so many that we cannot keep up on them. Hopefully the .22 and b-b-guns will work. J/K!!!

~David-Mae, Sorry to hear about Pepper.

It was really sad losing our Pepper... She's like a daughter to us especially to my husband. They were together through the good and the bad times.

... si Mae(David~Mae)..as always baby face and ang cute-cute ng smile..ayyy nakakatuwa!

:blush: Tenkyu pow sis Luz! Blush naman ako kahit na di halata kase sobrang negra ko na from gardening and babysitting my pond. Hopefully I won't get skin cancer kase maghapon ako minsan sa init. Hubby likes my skin during summer... sabi nya the darker the better daw. It's good to see you here on VJ again. You were greatly missed!

About gardening ulit, last fall nung nangamatay ang ibang plants, I pulled them all out. Yun pala, mga perennials yung binunot ko na bumabalik naman pala every year hehehehe. Hindi ko kasi alam eh. So ngayon yung harap ng bahay, kalbo kasi walang natirang perennials. Dati hindi ko alam kung ano ang perennials at annuals. Ang perennial plant, namatay sa fall tapos nabubuhay sa spring. Ang annuals naman, pag namatay, patay na talaga at kailangang bunutin para palitan uli. Haaay, wala kasi sa Philippines na ganyan na perennials at annuals.

That's right, perennials come back every year and annuals are just one time deal. Our mums are going crazy... they come back thicker and bushier every year. Most of our plants are perennials like our tulips, mums, daffodils, gladiolus, iris, chlamydas and roses. That way we don't plant over and over again. We have designated spots for every color. We plant marigolds, impatients, pansies, dusty miller, etc... every year just for the beautiful colors they give in our garden and patios. Every now and then, there'll be pansies and marigolds that will pop out again next spring but most of them usually die once their season is over. Nakakatuwa kase sa Pinas, gumamela, bougainvilla at calachuchi lang ang alam kong nakawin... este kilalang halaman. Dito halos lahat ng name ng flowers alam ko na. Syempre thanks to my ever garden enthusiast na asawa pati ako e nahawa (rhyme pa tuloy).

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.