Leyla

MENA men say the darndest things....

128 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Jack always says instead of pants, "Pants'es" and instead of clothes, "Clothes'es". And he uses the term "As you like".

i see he needs some retraining - have him watch "the princess bride" a few more times to get that right.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

This thread is so cute. Thank you all for posting and making me laugh in such sad times. My hubby is from Egypt, and no matter how many times I tell him he always says, please close the light or close the fan, instead of saying turn off. LOL One time he said his fingers hurt, so I started to masasges his hands but then he said noo not these fingers, thesesssss pointing to his toes, hehehehe. :rofl:

too cute!!!

when I first met my honey he didn't quite under stand the concept of american's saying they love things(really meaning we just realy really like things.) Like I love chocolate cake (and I do!!)

I also think it's reayly cute when he says anything with "ed" at the end like Married he pronounces like Marry-Ed. :innocent:

Edited by Sunny1678

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yeah, my man does the "ed" thing if he is tired, but usually he's pretty good at it.

I thought of this thread yesterday when we were out and saw a beggar. As I said before-- his English (spoken, at least) is pretty spot-on, but he uses "where" as "place."

For example, we saw a beggar and I asked what he was saying. "He said that he and his wife had just come from Sefrou and he doesn't have any money. He doesn't have where to sleep and needs money for a hotel."

It's particularly endearing because it's surrounded with complete, correct sentences.

My husband called his underwear..... "panties".... :rofl:

Ohhhh boy!

Hahahahaha!

Gotta love our MENA SO's (L):innocent:

Mine calls his "Box?" instead of Boxers. I love em they are just too cute for words :)

Edited by Sunny1678

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband called his underwear..... "panties".... :rofl:

Ohhhh boy!

Hahahahaha!

Mine says that too!

I like it when he calls me his 'pwincess'

When we say goodbye, he always says: Have a good time. Like I am going

to a party or something.

He always answers 'I'm', instead of 'I am'.

He always says 'I'm coming' when he is going out. I always found that

reassuring.

Now, I understand why he says this: once he said 'I'm coming' and then

he was gone a long, long time. I thought that maybe he went to his house or

something, so I didn't think much of it. But, finally I realized it was so long that

I called him and I found out he had forgotten the key and he couldn't get back into our flat.

He had gone to the internet cafe to try to email me to let him in. He even sent a

message to my sister to contact me to open the door for him. So he asked me

why I didn't check to see he was down there, because he said he told me he 'was coming'.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Winter in Minnesota according to my hubby "It is suck!" Agreed, baby! :yes:

Edited by 100% Al Ahly Fan

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Winter in Minnesota according to my hubby "It is suck!" Agreed, baby! :yes:

:thumbs: i agree so does Wisconsin's winter!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Haha mine says "this is the suck" he also said he thinks hell might be WI in winter lol

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

when I first met my honey he didn't quite under stand the concept of american's saying they love things(really meaning we just realy really like things.) Like I love chocolate cake (and I do!!)

I also think it's reayly cute when he says anything with "ed" at the end like Married he pronounces like Marry-Ed. :innocent:

Yes the "ed" thing..the most recent thing that he said was shocked...but said it shock-ed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i feel them because i used to call sheep / cheap , bread/butter/beard for me were the same thing , want/wont , we have ghosts = we have guests , i own you = you own me , fingers = toes , stomake = stomach ...etc

sometimes is funny but in the end i am proud of myself because i learn english without a teacher just to communicate with hubby and i feel i am doing good even if its slooow , because it will be a catastrophe if i let him learn Arabic to communicate with me hhhhhh , its little bit more complex

California Service Center I-751

VJName...........Date of I-751......NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....

Puretaqwa.............04/09/13...........0-/--/13..........05/16/13...........--/--/--....

I can't remember if I posted this before or not; don't think I did.

My husband had difficulty with the difference between "guy" and "gay".

It resulted in him introducing some "nice guy" and "This is Bob; he's a really nice gay"!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.