Leyla

MENA men say the darndest things....

128 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Farid says: phone cell, license driver, closer to dying, time to time, and always asks, where are you going?

And he'll ask, did you wash my short? and I will say shorts not short and he will say but it is only one short not two shorts....Oh and he tried to put aluminum foil in the micro... YIKES...I yelled out nooooooooooooooooooooo and he said, you scared me baby............. :P

and when he sees half naked women on the street they are all prostitutes.

and finally he says, I almost fall down and killer myself...

gotta love this man....

see im already in love with him just by that... god who needs antidepressants.. thats funny as hell! i live with my best friend whos chinese.. and we were looking at shoes so i ask.. whats your shoe size.. and hes like "half past 9" hahahahahahhahaa i asked him a couple days later.. he said the same thing!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Farid says: phone cell, license driver, closer to dying, time to time, and always asks, where are you going?

And he'll ask, did you wash my short? and I will say shorts not short and he will say but it is only one short not two shorts....Oh and he tried to put aluminum foil in the micro... YIKES...I yelled out nooooooooooooooooooooo and he said, you scared me baby............. :P

and when he sees half naked women on the street they are all prostitutes.

and finally he says, I almost fall down and killer myself...

gotta love this man....

see im already in love with him just by that... god who needs antidepressants.. thats funny as hell! i live with my best friend whos chinese.. and we were looking at shoes so i ask.. whats your shoe size.. and hes like "half past 9" hahahahahahhahaa i asked him a couple days later.. he said the same thing!

not shoe related but we have time issues here. When I say 9:50 he'll say "huh?" so I'll say ten of ten. OMG I can't even get into it 'cause it's already giving me a migraine just thinking of the usual ten minute discussion on what time it is!!!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
last night:

me - "honey I'm just going to throw some chicken in with a salad for dinner....will you be ok with that?"

him - *pause*

*looks down at floor and shuffles feet*

"i will not die"

me - "cool!"

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Anything that has onions in it or celery he literally picks every little bit out of the food. That drives me crazy.

He doesn't do too many concoctions.

My husband is the opposite with the onions, which is fine with me because I like them too. My mom told me that many Louisiana recipes start with, "First, make a roux." My husband's start with, "First, saute some chopped onion."

One of the cruelest things I ever did to him was to serve him some Bush's vegetarian beans within a week of his arrival. I didn't know any better. :unsure: All I remember is his big eyes and a muffled "Mmmf...sweet."

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Hehe, Jackie, maybe it's pledge?

Marriage : 2008-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Dec 22 2008 Transferred to California Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-12

NVC Received : 2009-1-16

Officially in AVR : 2009-1-17 emailed scanned DS 3032

DS 3032 generated and accepted via email/ AOS I-864 generated : 2009-1-23

Received I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Pay IV Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Send Completed I 864 and IV Package (overnight) : 2009-2-4 (had to wait for hubby's PC and original birth certificate to arrive)

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-2-11 !!!!

NVC Left : Received email March 3rd

Medical Completed : March 12, 2009

Interview Date : April 22, 2009. 8 am. VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa in Hand : April 27th, 2008!!! Arrival May 11th! POE JFK

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 101 days from your NOA1 date. NVC completed in 26 days! Interview was 201 days from Noa 1.

Nope lol. He asked in an email what pludge means. I was POSITIVE we had solved the mystery with bludge but when I emailed him the meanning of it he replied 'no, that is not it'

We have a chat date every Thursday at noon, so I will probe a bit more. budge, maybe ?

jJ (F)

pludge http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pludge#To apply a software update before it has been widely adopted, potentially exposing yourself to bugs or other undesirable effects. OS 10.5 looks sweet, I just hope it doesn't hose my machine. #### it, I'm going to pludge

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Nope lol. He asked in an email what pludge means. I was POSITIVE we had solved the mystery with bludge but when I emailed him the meanning of it he replied 'no, that is not it'

We have a chat date every Thursday at noon, so I will probe a bit more. budge, maybe ?

jJ (F)

pludge http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pludge#To apply a software update before it has been widely adopted, potentially exposing yourself to bugs or other undesirable effects. OS 10.5 looks sweet, I just hope it doesn't hose my machine. #### it, I'm going to pludge

Do you really think a MENA man would use urban slang even we don't know? lol

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
My husband knew that a quiz was coming up at school but he wasn't sure what night of the week it would be. He went up to the woman teaching the class and asked, "could you tell me please when you will give the squeeze?"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Luckily my husband has thick skin 'cause the kids always making him say english words over and over and they crack up. He laughs right along with them though.

He's stopped saying piss thank God. Not that my kids don't know all the swear words but I was afraid he'd say it in front of my parents or something. He still says azz though even though I try to tell him to say bum instead.

My kids often ask my husband to say "belly button". He says it the right way now, but will still say it the 'old' way for their sake when they ask.

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Timeline

I took a few boxes of mac & cheese to Morocco for our visit last year - kind of like a joke. Surprise, surprise - the whole family loved it! I ended up paying more for shipping some over there than it cost to buy it. Oh well.

The interesting thing is that now my children are now starting to pick up his speech habits - such as "take my promises".

Oh, and as for food... he goes through his phases. HAD to have Bertucci's bread for a while, then suddenly didn't want it anymore. We went through the Taco Bell phase for a while. When he heard that some of the things might have gelatin (amazing how many things do - certain gum, sour cream, etc), that was the end of that.

When my SO first got here, he lost weight - wasn't used to the food. I bought him french or italian bread, laughing cow creamy swiss, and whole milk (he adds tons of sugar and honey - sometimes chocolate syrup), so he could at least have a familar breakfast. The children started eating that instead of cereal. Then I got him on 1% milk somehow, and we went to toast. A little better. I'm just amazed at what he'll put on his toast. It started with jelly, then peanut butter, then Nutella. I didn't realize it was a slippery slope. Now he uses whatever he can find. Some examples are hershey bars, other candy bars, chocolate covered cherries, cookies, cake, chocolate chips... He's definitely a chocoholic, and it's all my fault. He had never dared to try it, so I took a huge bag of it every time I visited. Enough to hand out to kids on the street (can't do that here).

Oh, and I find it interesting not just how he phrases or pronounces things, but how he can hear certain sounds that I can't and visa versa. For example, I can't figure out how to tell the difference between the Arabic Ts, Ss, or Hs. At the same time, he doesn't hear the difference between cup, cap, and cop. Also, I can't tell if he's saying "shirt" or "shorts" half the time....

But I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. He's so amazing.

venusfire

P.S. I told him about this thread, and said I wouldn't post anything embarassing about him. He said he didn't care, though. He just walked in and asked if I was writing about the chocolate. heehee

met online May 2006

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

married January 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

check cashed 27 May 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

Timeline

I keep thinking of more....

He isn't afraid to try to try anything. That's usually, but not always, a good thing. He always says "whether I fix it or break it for good...". That used to scare me, but I've gotten used to it by now.

venusfire

met online May 2006

married January 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

check cashed 27 May 2010

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

here's a gem for ya'll

we're driving home today and i smell a skunk. nessa says she smells a skunk. i see a vulture off to the side of the road and say "it must be a dead one, there's a vulture over there eating something."

then i realize that nessa said skank, not skunk. :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.