Leyla

MENA men say the darndest things....

128 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Here is another topic... maybe we can call it...

MENA Men EAT the darndest things.

So I've noticed my husband eats some questionable food combinations here are some examples:

He puts ranch (on EVERYTHING)

He put mayo on his rice

He ate Honey Bunches of Oats with milk, ritz crackers and peach yougurt (all mixed in the bowl) and then refigerates it if he doesn't finish and eats it later.... soggy...

He decided to cook and made a bean, tomato, random spice, potato soup(ish)

There are more things... but I can't think of all of them...

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Here is another topic... maybe we can call it...

MENA Men EAT the darndest things.

So I've noticed my husband eats some questionable food combinations here are some examples:

He puts ranch (on EVERYTHING)

He put mayo on his rice

He ate Honey Bunches of Oats with milk, ritz crackers and peach yougurt (all mixed in the bowl) and then refigerates it if he doesn't finish and eats it later.... soggy...

He decided to cook and made a bean, tomato, random spice, potato soup(ish)

There are more things... but I can't think of all of them...

My husband eats spaghetti with milk as a sauce which sounds just awful to me!

Filed: Timeline

Hot milk in his Honey Nut Cheerios cuz he likes it soggy and warm. Warm milk makes me gag but he loves it. Sandwiches made with left over taco meat, bologna, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. He is handy to have around because he acts like a human garbage disposal and gets rid of all the unwanted leftovers. Waffles with cream cheese (not so weird). There are more but I can't think of them right now.

Oh, my man definitely would not eat the nasty things you guys are mentioning, ewuk! He wouldn't TRY the mac and cheese I made. Which makes me wonder because he ate these nasty freakin' pickled pepper thingy's his fam kept in this huge jar and when I was helping clean up, they told me to pour the leftovers, from the dish where people picked from with their fingers, BACK into the big jar. I swear there were little white furry molds floating around in the jar, needless to say I was traumatized after that. Not to mention that I had previously got some nasty food poisoning from something while I was there and I never touched those pickled pepper thingy's.

Ugh, my husbands father was acting sort of proud saying he thought I might be pregnant because I was feeling sickish and not eating much there for a good three weeks. And I was just saying yah, that's not a baby it's a bacteria. Joy! Sorry that rant came out of nowhere :) hehe

Anyway, his family always had this like stew goo that never ended and I can imagine how if someone could eat that then they could eat anything!

Marriage : 2008-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Dec 22 2008 Transferred to California Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-12

NVC Received : 2009-1-16

Officially in AVR : 2009-1-17 emailed scanned DS 3032

DS 3032 generated and accepted via email/ AOS I-864 generated : 2009-1-23

Received I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Pay IV Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Send Completed I 864 and IV Package (overnight) : 2009-2-4 (had to wait for hubby's PC and original birth certificate to arrive)

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-2-11 !!!!

NVC Left : Received email March 3rd

Medical Completed : March 12, 2009

Interview Date : April 22, 2009. 8 am. VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa in Hand : April 27th, 2008!!! Arrival May 11th! POE JFK

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 101 days from your NOA1 date. NVC completed in 26 days! Interview was 201 days from Noa 1.

Oh, my man definitely would not eat the nasty things you guys are mentioning, ewuk! He wouldn't TRY the mac and cheese I made. Which makes me wonder because he ate these nasty freakin' pickled pepper thingy's his fam kept in this huge jar and when I was helping clean up, they told me to pour the leftovers, from the dish where people picked from with their fingers, BACK into the big jar. I swear there were little white furry molds floating around in the jar, needless to say I was traumatized after that. Not to mention that I had previously got some nasty food poisoning from something while I was there and I never touched those pickled pepper thingy's.

Ugh, my husbands father was acting sort of proud saying he thought I might be pregnant because I was feeling sickish and not eating much there for a good three weeks. And I was just saying yah, that's not a baby it's a bacteria. Joy! Sorry that rant came out of nowhere :) hehe

Anyway, his family always had this like stew goo that never ended and I can imagine how if someone could eat that then they could eat anything!

LOL, this made me laugh so hard, cuz if u ONLY KNEW how Middle Eastern this is LOL.... ya, I keep our pickled vegetables ,( in arabic its called mekhallel) in the fridge here, but its custom to keep them in a big jug outside just sitting on the kitchen floor for months.. if they last that long, and eating mold here is no problem... they keep cheese outside the fridge also, salty cheese that will eventually turn into a maggot ball is what I call it lol..its homemade cheese that is not refridgerated and kept hot outside for months. naturally it turns into mold and maggots... and its beyond me how Egyptians eat this... but they do... I told my husband, have at it baby, ur on ur own with this one, he laughs and fills his gut full of it LOL, yuuuccccccccck!

Hot milk is another very common thing here.... to drink Hot milk with tea in it ... also, hot milk with rice, or bread and sugar is common

My husband eats so many weird combo's... he will take tuna and macaroni and salsa and make like a tuna helper , he will mix potatos with rice with macaroni

and everything has to be on its own plate here, there is no putting many things on one plate , oh no way! and no sitting at the table, we have to eat on the floor !

once i brought him 2 different types of cheese on the same plate, he refused to eat it, cuz it was 2 different cheeses on one plate. he said they have to have their own plate please Jill. I had to laugh.

LOL, this made me laugh so hard, cuz if u ONLY KNEW how Middle Eastern this is LOL.... ya, I keep our pickled vegetables ,( in arabic its called mekhallel) in the fridge here, but its custom to keep them in a big jug outside just sitting on the kitchen floor for months.. if they last that long, and eating mold here is no problem... they keep cheese outside the fridge also, salty cheese that will eventually turn into a maggot ball is what I call it lol..its homemade cheese that is not refridgerated and kept hot outside for months. naturally it turns into mold and maggots... and its beyond me how Egyptians eat this... but they do... I told my husband, have at it baby, ur on ur own with this one, he laughs and fills his gut full of it LOL, yuuuccccccccck!

Hot milk is another very common thing here.... to drink Hot milk with tea in it ... also, hot milk with rice, or bread and sugar is common

My husband eats so many weird combo's... he will take tuna and macaroni and salsa and make like a tuna helper , he will mix potatos with rice with macaroni

and everything has to be on its own plate here, there is no putting many things on one plate , oh no way! and no sitting at the table, we have to eat on the floor !

once i brought him 2 different types of cheese on the same plate, he refused to eat it, cuz it was 2 different cheeses on one plate. he said they have to have their own plate please Jill. I had to laugh.

Hehe, yah I tried that awful salty cheese when I was in Egypt so knew to stay away from it in Jordan. I stuck with the cream cheese. Two plates for the cheese.... haha of course Jill... how could you be so ignorant???? geeeeeeez

I told my brother that Amer wouldn't eat my mac n cheese and he almost cried, he always begs me to make it my homemade way, he said the only thing he can think is that maybe Amer didn't like the schluckschluckschluck sound it makes when you stir it all together. hehehe

Marriage : 2008-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Dec 22 2008 Transferred to California Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-12

NVC Received : 2009-1-16

Officially in AVR : 2009-1-17 emailed scanned DS 3032

DS 3032 generated and accepted via email/ AOS I-864 generated : 2009-1-23

Received I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Pay IV Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Send Completed I 864 and IV Package (overnight) : 2009-2-4 (had to wait for hubby's PC and original birth certificate to arrive)

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-2-11 !!!!

NVC Left : Received email March 3rd

Medical Completed : March 12, 2009

Interview Date : April 22, 2009. 8 am. VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa in Hand : April 27th, 2008!!! Arrival May 11th! POE JFK

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 101 days from your NOA1 date. NVC completed in 26 days! Interview was 201 days from Noa 1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

use edddd...and he will keep even to the smallest amt of anything as a leftover and usually there it stays until i get to it

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hubby eats mayo on everything. He went through the salsa phase for awhile. Refuses to eat Mac and Cheese and I have no idea why. He will not eat cereal or oatmeal but does eat a lot of bread and cream cheese or honey. What about Ghee? Does anybody cook with that stuff? It smells like an oily mess and my arteries burn from seeing it. He loves warm milk and also the first time I had warm milk with tea I actually like it.

We just had dinner the other night at an Arabic family's home and I almost got sick when I saw the women taking the pieces of meat off of the plate and putting them back on the plate of food she was saving. She also asked me if I wanted to try some fish and picked it off of the fish and gave it to me with her bare hands. Also, when Arabic company comes over or we go to their home we sit in the floor and eat.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Tarik won't eat mac n cheese either! IT's so weird! I mean, I know it's not gourmet food but 'comon!

He also thinks Cottage Cheese it strange and won't eat it. He doesn't like oatmeal or cereal (unless it has crackers, yogurt and milk in it).

He always wants Kefta! Kefta and Potatos. Kefta and Bread. Kefta and Rice. I always make a veggie with it (to try to add some green to the meal) and here comes the mayo!

When I was in Morocco I got used to people giving me food with their hands. I did notice however, that the sanitation is less than stellar. Rinsing a cup means it's clean. wiping a spoon (if it was used) means it's clean. I thought that was gross and funny because everything else was spotless! The maid got stains out of my white clothes, making them look like new! My husband took/takes 3-5 showers a day, but they don't clean glasses...

Hmm....

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Tarik won't eat mac n cheese either! IT's so weird! I mean, I know it's not gourmet food but 'comon!

He also thinks Cottage Cheese it strange and won't eat it. He doesn't like oatmeal or cereal (unless it has crackers, yogurt and milk in it).

He always wants Kefta! Kefta and Potatos. Kefta and Bread. Kefta and Rice. I always make a veggie with it (to try to add some green to the meal) and here comes the mayo!

When I was in Morocco I got used to people giving me food with their hands. I did notice however, that the sanitation is less than stellar. Rinsing a cup means it's clean. wiping a spoon (if it was used) means it's clean. I thought that was gross and funny because everything else was spotless! The maid got stains out of my white clothes, making them look like new! My husband took/takes 3-5 showers a day, but they don't clean glasses...

Hmm....

LOL, this the funniest thread! ..... and oh I agree! My husband takes 2 or 3 showers a day also... but I must say, hes a very clean man.. I have seen men here in Egypt, OMG... I can't even repeat the dirtiness I have seen... men will sit on the floor while eating a meal, and just out of the blue start to bite their toenails.... come onnnnnnnnn.. or pick dirt out from underneath their nails while your trying to eat. anyway, not to change the subject.. sorry about that !

When I first came here, my sister in law made fish... and there were so many bones in the fish.. I didnt want to eat it, so she took my piece and started picking the fish off the bone for me.. and putting it on my plate, and I mean, I didnt mind.. .she had clean hands, but it just strike me as odd... cuz we don't do things like that in America ( usually )

and my husband hasn't made it to America just yet... Im curious thou to see what he will and will not eat... I doubt he would eat Mac and cheese thou.

and if he cant eat something with bread or rice, im sure he wont eat it lol

I have one in the making.....

Ibrahim is working in the enviorment ministry these days...he emails and asks, "What does 'pludge' mean?" hmmmmmmm sludge? pledge? plunge? I'll get back to ya'll on this when we BOTH learn what pludge is.

jJ (F)

Main Entry: bludge1

Part of Speech: v

Definition: to shirk or avoid work; also bludge on

Etymology: back formation of bludger 'someone who imposes'

Usage: Australian slang; bludged, bludging

Main Entry: bludge2

Part of Speech: v

Definition: to impose on or live off others; also bludge on

Etymology: back formation of bludger 'someone who imposes'

Usage: Australian slang; bludged, bludging

Main Entry: bludge

Part of Speech: n

Definition: an easy task; a job or task which

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.