Leyla

MENA men say the darndest things....

128 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I can't remember if I posted this before or not; don't think I did.

My husband had difficulty with the difference between "guy" and "gay".

It resulted in him introducing some "nice guy" and "This is Bob; he's a really nice gay"!

^^^ LOL

too funny! Adam cant say Truth properly he says Troos... I can get him to say some words and throw in the word truth and its so cute... he will keep trying to say truth until he gets 99% close to it.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Jack gets stuff like "crab" and "#######" confused. I keep having to explain to him the difference, but in the end they both sound the same when he says them. hehehehehe

This thread keeps making me laugh...

Another thing that my husband does is confuses numbers...anytime he means to say thirty, he says thirteen, forty is fourteen....and then when I say something like that is thirty dollars, he always says...you mean like 3-0? As if I am the one who is confused :wacko: I keep trying to correct him...but he still does it all the time!

Jackie

I'm a Moroccan, and I love Mac&Cheese, The weirdest stuff I made are: either Mango, Kiwi or Pineapple mixed with orange Juice, Nuts and Dates. Avocado Milk Shake. Banana With Apple Milk Shake. Pasta with Tomato Sauce With Shrimps. Lentils with Tomato Sauce, carrot, zucchini and Chicken Strips. Tuna with cream cheese mixed with a salad in a French baguette. Hot Milk mixed with Herbs. However, something I know many Moroccan won't touch at all,my favorite dish Sashimi.

When it comes to English, I use French words for anything technical I don't know, and try to pronounce the word in English.

07/07 Received a 5 years F-1 Visa in Casablanca Embassy

06/21/08 I got married to my lovely wife

10/07/08 AoS mailed!!!

12/07/08 AoS Received in Chicago Office

10/16/08 Received NOA and the money order got cashed

11/06/08 Biometrics Appointement

11/06/08 Biometrics Done

02/05/2009 Received interview letter

20/12/2008 EAD & AP approved

24/12/2008 EAD approved again( :oO)

02/25/2009 GC Approved

03/02/2009 GC received

01/05/2011 I-751 Mailed.

01/10/2011 Check got Cashed.

03/08/2011 Hell Ya I got approved ( Thanks to WM Tom Langford)

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

When my husband first arrived he would say "carry" for "care". I don't care came out as I don't carry. We let him go on for about a year before we corrected him on this. Now we laugh about it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

When Hachemi started work at his current job, he would come home talking about the assistant manager. He would say 'Miss Piggy" did this or "Miss Piggy said that." It went on for a few weeks, and I said, do you not like the assistant manager? He said yes, I like her. I said why are you calling her Miss Piggy? He said "that's her name." I asked him if he had been calling her Miss Piggy to her face. He said yes. I finally realized her name was Peggy. He was just mispronouncing it.:rofl:"Miss Piggy" and I still laugh about that.

Meriem (F)

Edited by Meriem_DZ

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

When Hachemi started work at his current job, he would come home talking about the assistant manager. He would say 'Miss Piggy" did this or "Miss Piggy said that." It went on for a few weeks, and I said, do you not like the assistant manager? He said yes, I like her. I said why are you calling her Miss Piggy? He said "that's her name." I asked him if he had been calling her Miss Piggy to her face. He said yes. I finally realized her name was Peggy. He was just mispronouncing it.:rofl:"Miss Piggy" and I still laugh about that.

Meriem (F)

That is a good one Meriem! I love it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.