Leyla

MENA men say the darndest things....

128 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am reading them all and think they are so funny. Anyway, I walked into our bedroom and I have hanging on the wall Jesus Christ on the cross so Farid decided to hang his caps and his sunglasses and eye glasses on Jesus's head and outstretched arms. And my mother saw this and asked him why he was hanging his stuff on Jesus, and he replied, "So Jesus can help me at my job where I wear these caps and with my eyesight as well".

WHEW, GOOD ANSWER FARID... :dance:

And after she left he asked me, "how do you know this is Jesus, have you ever seen him?" And I said, "Let's not go there Farid". And he turned away and left the room. :lol:

He also told me that not to let animals inside the house because then the angels would not be inside our house.

Aha, but do we know if angels ever existed inside our home anyway? :no:

And he says that he can't pray or go outside the house or anything if he has sex and does not bathe. :blink:

And the good thing that I notice about him is that he does not stare at women on the street which I find odd. And I will teaze him and say, Isn't that lady pretty? And he will always respond, "I have my lady and she is very beautiful".

I am amazed at how great of a person he is, so unlike the creep I was with before. :thumbs:

Edited by Rosie and Farid

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
I am reading them all and think they are so funny. Anyway, I walked into our bedroom and I have hanging on the wall Jesus Christ on the cross so Farid decided to hang his caps and his sunglasses and eye glasses on Jesus's head and outstretched arms. And my mother saw this and asked him why he was hanging his stuff on Jesus, and he replied, "So Jesus can help me at my job where I wear these caps and with my eyesight as well".

And after she left he asked me, "how do you know this is Jesus, have you ever seen him?" And I said, "Let's not go there Farid". And he turned away and left the room. :lol:

He also told me that not to let animals inside the house because then the angels would not be inside our house.

Aha, but do we know if angels ever existed inside our home anyway? :no:Angels and jinn are everywhere all the time

And he says that he can't pray or go outside the house or anything if he has sex and does not bathe. :blink:

After having sex, one is to do a certain cleansing called ghusal before performing the next prayer

And the good thing that I notice about him is that he does not stare at women on the street which I find odd. And I will teaze him and say, Isn't that lady pretty? And he will always respond, "I have my lady and she is very beautiful".

a natural response, Muslim men are always loyal and are ordered to lower their gaze and treat you like a queen!

I am amazed at how great of a person he is, so unlike the creep I was with before. :thumbs:

I suggest researching more about Islam so you know where your husband is coming from and you will have all your questions answered :)

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Aha, but do we know if angels ever existed inside our home anyway? :no:

That is so funny! :) Tarik said the same thing about Dogs. But now that he's been hanging around my mom and dad (that have a dog) and he sees there is no destruction, evil or otherwise occuring there he has changed his mind and now has contests to see who the dog loves most!

Also, I've noticed the shower thing too... I think MENA men are suave and just plain irresistible, but they're sure not into post intimacies cuddling. I've noticed that it's usually straight to the shower. That's become our "Afterwards" lol. Too funny.

Another thing, Tarik won't look at "pretty girls" either. I was telling him how beautiful I think my boss is. I pointed her out to him one day and he said: "Her? She's only makeup hobi. When she wakes up in the morning it's like AHH! But when you wake up in the morning you're still beautiful." I swooned at this but my dad was quick to chime in: "Good one Tarik!" and high five him Lol.

my husband says that if i stick my finger in his belly button to tickle him that he will die. :rofl: I've proven him wrong many many times :devil:

Tarik says the same thing! lol and I still do it too :devil:

Edited by Leyla

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Timeline

I asked my husband to read those last 2 parts, and before I got to say anything, he asked "did you write that?". Well, the reason I was showing him was because I was thinking I could have written that!

Aren't we lucky now?

:dance:

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just now: "Sweetheart! You are making the pole here!"

He was freezing and noticed that I had set the thermostat on 68.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

• 1 year later...

My guy is from Tunisia but is currently living in switzerland. I love it when he tells me he has to go wash his teeth. (even though I've told his a million times brush your teeth.) It's so darn cute I don't correct him anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I love it when my fiance says "play bowling."

He also uses "do" when it's not necessary. Me: "Hey, what's 20% of 222?" Him:"I do know the answer."

I keep trying to think of things that he says, but his English is pretty darned fantastic.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

This thread is so cute. Thank you all for posting and making me laugh in such sad times. My hubby is from Egypt, and no matter how many times I tell him he always says, please close the light or close the fan, instead of saying turn off. LOL One time he said his fingers hurt, so I started to masasges his hands but then he said noo not these fingers, thesesssss pointing to his toes, hehehehe. :rofl:

I love this thread, it is making me smile....my husband says so many things that just make me laugh each day. I know that accent helps too.

Like: instead of "me too" when he agrees with me...its always "so mine" it always melts my heart...

and always on the phone..."have a nice day" no matter what he always says that. I called him to tell him I would be home in five minutes..."ok, have a nice day" its just adorable.

As for the food...he is obsessed with ketchup. He puts it on EVERYTHING, unless we are making Moroccan food...pizza, chicken, eggs...and even on Thanksgiving turkey (on top of the gravy)...gotta love him.

:)

Jackie

Timeline

My husband calls sour cream "sour cheese" which he loves eating with everything!

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.