daisy111

Fiancee visa help....!!!

204 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Totally agree with a waiver, Daisy must need it, but a spouse visa is a much better chance compare to a finacee visa, don't you guys think so...???

Why??

Do you think the CO at the interview or whoever will have to deal with this will say "ooh, they are already married, I guess now I just forget about the overstay and let them live together happily ever after?"

This is NOT the way Immigration works.

There are rules and if you break them, you face consequences. That's how life goes.

I am sorry if I sound harsh, I do have sympathy, I guess I had times where I was willing to do almost anything just to be with my man, but sometimes you don't always get what you want, at least not right away.

I really wish for you, daisy, that you find a good lawyer and that you will find a good solution for your situation.

We all make mistakes and to a certain extend everybody should get a fair chance to get things right, but I have the feeling, she doesn't really want to see where the wrong way started.

Like it was said before: The mistake was not that she left the US, the mistake was the overstay to begin with.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes sweetie it is a mess...... and the only way your going to find a solution is to hire a good immigration Lawyer.

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying: what I mess I let myself to be in.....I really have to find a solution soon... :unsure:

Honey, you PUT yourself in this mess. You overstayed, no one made you. So, there's no going back and finding a solution to it, now you can only work with what you've dealt yourself. You aren't going to find a loop hole or a bit of the process you can gloss over. So, take a deep breath, calm down and tell your fiance that you will need a GOOD immigration attorney. There's still the possibility of a ten year ban or that the waiver could be denied but for now it's your only course of action. You can either face this head on or keep crying and scrambling for an easy, non-existent solution. I wouldn't waste my time on the latter if I were you.

Good luck. Sorry to be harsh, but it's time to calm down and do something productive!

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying: what I mess I let myself to be in.....I really have to find a solution soon... :unsure:

Honey, you PUT yourself in this mess. You overstayed, no one made you. So, there's no going back and finding a solution to it, now you can only work with what you've dealt yourself. You aren't going to find a loop hole or a bit of the process you can gloss over. So, take a deep breath, calm down and tell your fiance that you will need a GOOD immigration attorney. There's still the possibility of a ten year ban or that the waiver could be denied but for now it's your only course of action. You can either face this head on or keep crying and scrambling for an easy, non-existent solution. I wouldn't waste my time on the latter if I were you.

Good luck. Sorry to be harsh, but it's time to calm down and do something productive!

Totally agree :thumbs:

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You get yourself a lawyer, and be honest and things will work out, eventually.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is NOT a total mess - this is what I have been trying to help you understand. Waivers exist for this situation, thank god. It makes no difference according to the law if you are married or engaged. Depending on your location, you may have no problem getting your waiver approved. It is a lot of work to prepare a well-written hardship letter and to provide all of the necessary evidence and documentation to support the hardships in the letter. It does take time to wait for the adjudication - probably 6-8 months - and hopefully approval. But a consultation with a lawyer will help you understand how to write the hardship letter and what your chances of approval in your location are. I think it's high time to get in touch with one and starting researching the situation as I recommended. Once you get started, you will feel much better and will be completely prepared for the situation at the interview and the subsequent waiver submission. Good luck.

daisy - really no-one can tell you how long it will all take - as I, and many others have said already, every case is unique - some cases breeze thru the system, others don't. If they ask you for more info (aka 'RFE'), that will delay it, if they put you in administrative review, that will delay it, if you need to file a waiver, that will delay it etc etc And these delays may be long or short - we have no way of knowing.

One thing is for sure though, until you START the process there won't BE any progress. So that, and finding a decent immigration lawyer to help with all the complex issues, is your starting point.

Best of luck :thumbs:

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Timeline

My fiance received this message today and RFE by mail....At least something is moving .....

On June 23, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

>

> If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
thank you for the detailed explanation...do you have any idea how long the whole process including filing the waiver etc...will take ?

Daisy - if you update your timeline and tell us WHERE you are filing, it will be a lot easier to provide information. Waivers can take from 4 months to 12 months. If you are in London, for example, approval rates are very high and average about 6 months, I think. If you are in Ciudad Juarez, for example, approval rates are very high and average 6-8 months total. If you are in Athens, approval rates are lower and recently they started sending them to Rome which apparently has made the process take longer than one year.

Since your petition is moving along, your fiance needs to start writing the hardship letter and collecting evidence to support the claims ASAP. It took me several months to gather all the evidence and write the letter - 6 pages for the letter and about 30 exhibits as proof of the hardships I claimed. So the sooner you get started, the better.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
how do I find out if I was "touched"??What does this mean?I see other people know when they have been touched... :unsure:

Whenever you have the status of your case updated, it means it's been 'touched'. Sometimes we don't know what they've actually done, sometimes it'll say. You said on a previous post that you guys have gotten an RFE update. So... your case's been touched and once you get the RFE you'll be able to know what sort of additional information they request from you.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Timeline
:blink: My fiancee received on 3rd of July the RFE and sent it back to the USCIS immediately .....My first NOA1 was received on March 10...When do you think I will get the NOA2 ? I know that somebody already told me that nobody knows for sure but I just wanted to have any "approximate" date ??Please I will appreciate your replies..I really would like to have something to look forward to ...( approximate date or month ) ...Thank you....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.