privette

New member from Tokyo

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi to all in the forum.

My name is Maria and am doing a DCF at Tokyo, Japan. I began by reading and following all the instructions on the US Embassy in Japan Visa web pages. I mailed all the package by June 17 2006. But after that, I found this forum and started to read its posts. That make me nervous because I think I should did better with my docs. :crying:

Before mailing my docs, I asked the Embassy what to write as my US address, because rigth now I am living in Japan... They answered that I may write- NOT DECIDED YET. In a short letter I explained why I don't have an address in US at this time, but as soon as a visa is available, I will be able to accept a a job position and a place to move in Florida. I submitted some emails from recruiters contacting me offering a job position. BUT, reading some post, I understand that I should put an US family address. How do you think it will affect my petition? Do you think that they may give me the opportunity to supply an address?

Other thing I am worried about for is the too little info sent as proof of our relationship. As I followed the instructions on the Embassy web page, I sent a letter explaining how we met, when we got married, a few photos printed from my pc, and the vacation trips we made at this time. Also included a copy the Japanese visa my husband applied for me in order to live together in Japan. It all in only 3 pages!! The instructions didn't mention how much info or how long the letter must be. Now I am worried because I think I should sent more info like, copies of flight tickets, phone bills, more photos... We are married for 1 year and 3 month only!

Do you think my petition was going to be rejected???

I pray that your answer will be... Don't worry! If they need more docs or info, they will ask for them, but don't think they will not reject it! :unsure:

June 17 2006 Mailed I-130 and all documents Embassy asked for.

June 24 2006 Found this wonderful forum!

July 12 2006 I-130 approved. Received Visa application/interview instructions.

July 24 2006 Medical Examination at Tokyo British Clinic (Only took 1 hour and 3 shots, Ouch!)

July 24 2006 Finger prints for Police Certificate at Consulate of Peru in Tokyo (a lot of bureaucracy).

August 27 2005 Got Peruvian police certificate. Applied for the Japanese one, which will take 5 days.

August 30 2006 Appointment Requested

September 6 2006 Got japanese police certificate

September 11 2006 Interview date

APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi Maria,

I am also from Japan. In reply to your questions, I have one question

(1) Where your husband is from?

(2) Did you have an interview yet?

Just explain me in little more detail how did you file the I-130 then I can tell you what is the possibility.

Waiting for your reply.

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg

Meeting Online: Yahoo chartroom Aug 2001.

Direct meeting & marriage: Dec 2003 USA, NY

I-130 petition in DCFR Tokyo: March 14th 2004. Case reffered to DHS USCIS

Four visits to japan in 2004: Oct 2004, wife got pragnant.

Wife/Fiance left USA and moved into Japan: Feb 5th 2005.

Baby Born: June 24th 2005(Japan)

I-130 denied: July 17 2005(Divorce was declared not valid)

Refiling Divorce: oJuly 17th 2005 NY State.

Divorce granted: Nov 17th 2005

K-1 application: Mar 1st 2006

Approval: May 23rd 2006

US consulate RFE: June 15th 2006

FRE sent (Original passports, birth certificate, all origional docs): July 10th 2006

Medical: Oct 11th 2006.

Interview: Nov 10th 2006(expected)

Hi Maria, Welcome to the board.

I saw from reading your profile that your husband is from PR and you are from Peru and that you both have visas to live in Japan and are living there now and that's why you are filing DCF there. :yes:

I also looked on Tokyo's website and read the process of filing the I-130 in Tokyo and saw that you have to send a lot of supporting documents when you file the I-130. It is pretty overwhelming reading all the details on their site, I think you did amazing to do all that without help and support. :thumbs:

I think you are right in that they will ask you if they want additional info providing you filled out the I-130 correctly and submitted all the documents they asked for on their website, then you should be ok. The only mention I could see of a petition being rejected is: "if your application is received without the required documents, it will be returned to you unprocessed"

Have you started gathering all the documents for him?

BTW I believe you are applying for a CR-1 visa for your husband not K-3. :P

Edited by sadie33138

8-12-2004 I moved to New Zealand(married my Kiwi in US 5/04)

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

Gathering paperwork that we don't have:

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

6-13-2006 - APPROVED!usaCa.gifnew_zeaC3.gif

6-14-2006 - VISA IN HAND D_SMIL112.gif

08-05-2006 -WE ARE HOME IN THE USA!!! flag12.gif

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

9-14-09 - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

Timeline

This is for ququ24 and Sadie33138. Thanks a lot for your quick reply! You made me VERY VERY HAPPY! There are people that want to help me!!!

I am from the Common Wealth of Puerto Rico and my husband is from Peru. I am the US citizen. He is a permanent resident of Japan. I also have a spouse visa to live here. We got married and actually live at Japan.

I went to this link http://tokyo.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-ivi130checkmail.html to collect information on how to get a visa for my husband. I collect all the documents, copies and translations and sent the package to the address in the link. It was on June 17, 2006.

Right now I am waiting for the embassy response. If the petition is approved, the next step is the interview, and it is when the embassy will require other docs. This is the link for the information on this step. http://tokyo.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-iv...viewcheck2.html

As you could see, Is not easy to omit a document thanks to the checklist. And Sadie, you are right! I read where it said that a petition can be rejected if: "your application is received without the required documents, it will be returned to you unprocessed" And I sent everything they asked for!!! :yes: And in case I missed something, they will return all unprocessed! Thank you very much for make me remember this! ;)

I am learning a lot from this forum. Sadie, you are right again! I am applying for a CR-1 visa for my husband not K-3!!! :jest:

I have a question... Is it possible that the interview may be in Spanish?

I will appreciate all the support and help from both of you and the forum. TIA

July 24 2006 Medical Examination at Tokyo British Clinic (Only took 1 hour and 3 shots, Ouch!)

July 24 2006 Finger prints for Police Certificate at Consulate of Peru in Tokyo (a lot of bureaucracy).

August 27 2005 Got Peruvian police certificate. Applied for the Japanese one, which will take 5 days.

APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Now that I know that his visa is going to be a CR-1, I tried to find the timeline for a CR-1 DCF at Japan, and found too few cases. I found a similar case and their visa was ok in less than 3 month! Please! Tell me that with an CR-1 we are as near or closer to his visa than with a K-3! I was so happy looking at the K-3 timelines... and now I dont have a clue of how long it will take...

My God! This is an emotional rollercoaster!

APPROVED!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi Maria!! Welcome on VJ!!!!

Maria

Got married in Killeen, Texas on April 27 2004

*°K-3 Visa°*

Oct 12 2005 - Sent I-130 to NSC

Oct 24 2005 - NOA 1

Nov 7 2005 - Sent I-129F to Chicago

Nov 9 2005 - NOA 1

Dec 5 2005 - NOA 2 - I-129F Approved!!! (28 days)

Dec 13 2005 - Application Forwarded to NVC

Dec 16 2005 - Application received by the Consulate in Italy

Jan 4 2006 - Packet 3

Jan 10 2006 - Sent "Applicant's Statement" to Naples

Jan 27 2006 - Packet 4

Feb 22 2006 - Medical and Interview

Feb 22 2006 - Interview... APPROVED Got the Visa!!!

Mar 2 2006 - I-130 case *touched*

Mar 6 2006 - RFE for the I-130 (Marriage Certificate)

Mar 14 2006 - Sent RFE to CSC

Mar 21 2006 - RFE received by CSC

Mar 30 2006 - Detroit POE - Got the I-94

Mar 31 2006 - I-130 NOA 2 - APPROVED!!! (170 days)

*°AOS°*

Mar 31 2006 - I-765 sent to Chicago

Apr 5 2006 - I-765 NOA1

Apr 7 2006 - Vaccination Supplement appt. in Cleveland

Apr 13 2006 - EAD Biometrics Appointment Letter

Apr 18 2006 - EAD Biometrics in Pittsburg

Apr 22 2006 - I-485 sent to Chicago lockbox

Apr 28 2006 - I-485 NOA1

May 3 2006 - EAD Approved!! (33 days)

May 5 2006 - EAC received (NOA2)

May 5 2006 - AOS Biometrics Appointment Letter

May 8 2006 - Applied for Social Security Number

May 11 2006 - AOS Biometrics Appointment in Pittsburgh

May 18 2006 - Social Security Card arrived in the mail

May 18 2006 - Interview Appointment Letter

May 31 2006 - Flew back to Italy

Jun 24 2006 - I-485 *touched*

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi, quick reply:

The petition does not require evidence of your marriage other than the marriage certificate; if you are legally resident in Japan, your petition should be accepted. I would not spend time worrying about that, but studying what your next steps are.

DCF Tokyo takes less than 3 months total. You need to start ordering police certificates and other Packet 3 documents for N Immigrant Visa. Follow the instructions on Tokyo's website. There are also several excellent experiences posted here.

The interview will not be available in Spanish. Please prepare for an interview in either English or Japanese. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Now that I know that his visa is going to be a CR-1, I tried to find the timeline for a CR-1 DCF at Japan, and found too few cases. I found a similar case and their visa was ok in less than 3 month! Please! Tell me that with an CR-1 we are as near or closer to his visa than with a K-3! I was so happy looking at the K-3 timelines... and now I dont have a clue of how long it will take...

My God! This is an emotional rollercoaster!

DCF is the quickest way usually and as Mo said you should get all the documents together now that will be needed for your hubby's interview (if you haven't already done so) :thumbs:

Edited by sadie33138

8-12-2004 I moved to New Zealand(married my Kiwi in US 5/04)

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

Gathering paperwork that we don't have:

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

6-13-2006 - APPROVED!usaCa.gifnew_zeaC3.gif

6-14-2006 - VISA IN HAND D_SMIL112.gif

08-05-2006 -WE ARE HOME IN THE USA!!! flag12.gif

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

9-14-09 - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

maria hello i filed in tokyo and it was very fast and easy, my suggestion to anyone who files there is dont mail it in take it in person, i married my wife who is a citizen of the philippines and resident of japan on may 12 2006 filed the I-130 in person on may 16th they approved it on the spot.. then proceeded to get all the documents for the interview the longets wait was for the police cert. from the philippines once we got that made an appointment online for the interview interview set for july 3rd approved on the spot!!!!! july 8th visa in hand!!!!! she will be coming with me to hawaii permanently the 18th of july!!!!! again i suggest to everyone using the embassy in tokyo file in person if u mail as a friend of mine did it takes longer dont know why but he filed his 3 months ago and still no word. hope this helps.

Timeline
maria hello i filed in tokyo and it was very fast and easy, my suggestion to anyone who files there is dont mail it in take it in person, i married my wife who is a citizen of the philippines and resident of japan on may 12 2006 filed the I-130 in person on may 16th they approved it on the spot.. then proceeded to get all the documents for the interview the longets wait was for the police cert. from the philippines once we got that made an appointment online for the interview interview set for july 3rd approved on the spot!!!!! july 8th visa in hand!!!!! she will be coming with me to hawaii permanently the 18th of july!!!!! again i suggest to everyone using the embassy in tokyo file in person if u mail as a friend of mine did it takes longer dont know why but he filed his 3 months ago and still no word. hope this helps.

Hi Murphdizzle!

Congratulations for the visa! (F)

Now I am understanding very well what you say... I sent my application by snail mail! :unsure: It will be a month from that and didnt received any NOA. I know they received and are working on it because I emailed them. But no more info. I am feeling in limbo! Not sure if they are working on it or not right now. If I had applied in person the story would be other.

Please, tell me if your friend received an NOA... Are they supposed to send an NOA after receiving the applications?

Also, how was the interview? Easy? Were nice? I think this situation is very intimidating, maybe I will have a nervous breakdown if I dont take a valium this day! :jest: kidding!

APPROVED!!!

Timeline
welcome to VJ good luck

Thanks for your support! :goofy:

Ah! One thing... now I am less worried after knowing that sending my Puerto Ricans tax returns with the I-864 were ok!

APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.