SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jawi..hahaah..yuh funny..mi ave girls...but di modda dem wid di bwoy pickney dem...off the chainnnn!

Yeah Sus..we can do dat...mi a go si wah Gilli a do

kimmy.. i agree w/ u on the mother of son's comment.. its crazy how some moms act so!! lol

HELLO YARDIES.. wha ya deal wid!!!

sus mi see u getting married, all i can do is smile mami.. this is like the luke and laura wedding on General Hospital LOL.. like beyonce and jay z.. hee hee. sooooo overjoyed that everthing is coming together for u guys.. YAYYYY, but wait, that means i am in the nonfiling club by myself.. :crying:

welcome bunz!!!! girl i was listening to "gimme gimme gimme" this morning!!! nothing like a likkle dancehall to get u going in the am !! many blessing on ur journey and congrats on the wedding!!

nat.. ur soo cute being protective of hubby.. roger has made that trip to Kingston from mobay and he didn't like it at all, but gotta do what u gotta do.. but u do u mami!!! hope that approval comes soon..

No you didn't come come sneaking in. Is dis why the e-mails have stopped coming?? LOL

No I'm still with you you know I haven't filed a thing yet.

Edited by DaDa

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hot Im in Harlem... and LMAO@ whoever said the robotic dance

OK...r u a born American? it doesn't matter to me mi just a imagine u a talk patois

lmao nope mi born and grow yankee chupps mi write patois betta than mi tawk... i know im a newbie and everyone else probably kno already but r u american??

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Timeline
That's funny.

Update: I've been thinking about the trip from Negril to Kingston and weighing the advice of everyone here (which was: have him catch the bus). I know that if I were there, there's no way I'd catch the bus for that long a ride, to go somewhere unfamiliar. And if I were there with him, I'd rent a car to go to Kingston. So I'll rent the car, but we did discuss and figure out some ways to reduce the costs. :: Ducks before people start throwing rocks ::

Nat - I think like you and I probably would make the same decision.

:: Ducking flying rocks with Nat ::

But then the multiple trips and bus experience is a good point. Can’t there be a compromise, do the rent-a-car the first time then if he has to go back do the bus/route taxi? I mean then he would have been there, and would know the place and where to go.

I was thinking that, too. One of the reasons he's taking a car is cause he's bringing someone with him who is familiar with Kingston. But after this trip, he'll know where a few places are. I'll ask him to find the embassy, too, while he's there with the car. The on future trips, it won't be a big deal to catch a bus/taxi.

We see who spoils der baby... :whistle: Isnt this the same girl who said she's cheap?? Umm just a thought...lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hot Im in Harlem... and LMAO@ whoever said the robotic dance

OK...r u a born American? it doesn't matter to me mi just a imagine u a talk patois

lmao nope mi born and grow yankee chupps mi write patois betta than mi tawk... i know im a newbie and everyone else probably kno already but r u american??

far from it newly...bawn an grow a Jamaica...moved here when I was 15...

ells..wah gwaan

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

jgay so good to hear from u sweetie.. hope all is well

dada.. ya'll have not replied to my email, so mi tink ya nuh wan chat!

oh yeah how could i forget, u still w/ me in the nonfiler club! hmmm who will be the first to lose membership????

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Afternoon Yardies!

I'm back...thanks for coaxing me back to those who did. I've had my time to contemplate things & get over my fit from having my car vandalized yet again. I feel a little more chatty today but not as much as you all....man that was hard catching up.

Happy Anniversary KayCee!

Who else is having an anniversary?? I feel like I'm missing someone....Shemmy?

Welcome Bunzarelli and whoever else I've missed!

Congrats to those with interview dates and such! (Can't remember specifics now but you know who you are and I'm happy for you!)

Morning all! I am working from home today, so I am still sitting here in my pjs!

Nice! If I didn't have two meetings today, I might work from home too. Meanwhile, I still need to get out of bed.

----------

So I'm frustrated by this police record process. The record itself is only $23. However, the process of renting a car for 2 days, going from Negril to Kingston, staying overnight, etc.... brings the total cost closer to $230! :angry:

There HAS to be a better way to get this police record! I just haven't found one. :angry:

THEN, I wake up & saw several more VSC approvals... for people who submitted after me. WHERE IS MY APPROVAL??? :angry:

Nat, just my bit of advice, WAIT until you get your NOA2 for him to do the police cert. It's only good for 6 months anyway from what I understand so you don't want to risk it expiring & having to go through it all again. Most likely he'll have to drop off his DS-230 in person & can do that at the same time. Then he can rent a car for the big day and like others have said, catch taxi to Sav & then take the minibus straight there for around $630 (or was it $680??) JA when it's time to pick up. That's how my mister did it and it worked pretty well. Then he only had to take the two trips to Kingston other than when we go for the interview.

Kimmy i agree i think it would be a good speech, there is much data out there to support your topic also.

Hell ,my bright azz put my youngest son in the Montessori program before he started preschool, he started at 4 i think, yall know Montessori is more sensory learning, thinking this would better prepare him since Montessori is supposed to be so hyped, that boy was dumb as a stump when he came out and no more prepared to deal with Pre-K than if he hadnt gone, only thing it did was help him adjust to a school routine...LOL

:rofl: Oh Honey, you can always get me laughing!! :yes:

Shrews i am still wow...ovr that..never heard of that in all my yrs...is this nation wide? u mean to tell me..u have to pay for to a an already private school JUST cause ur child is smarter than the rest...mi woulda home school at dat point...LOL

well, with most state pre-schools I think and some religious ones

they pre-screen you and if you make a "smart" score they basically say "you dont need preschool you cant come" so you have to go to one of the private expensive schools and here-there are not many private ones

so..yeah

they cant do that with K-12..but preK they can

wow...i gues i'm glad m ybaby not too smart (ok that was a honey post)hahhaaa

:rofl::rofl:

Happy weekend, Ladies. I am out of here shortly to go enjoy a beautiful day and hopefully an equally beautiful weekend.

Hope all of your weekends are nice!

Enjoy JG!

Sus I hope your not being too demanding on what he's wearing.. Memba its his day too so he should be comfortable with what he's wearing. It will also help him smile in the pics a little more. lol

Yes Honey heed to the advice and being that I know your temper is like mine don’t be too hard on D. A lot of the wedding details woman are more into then men and woman tend to get upset with there mates when they don’t offer ideas and most of the answers to your questions are, “I don’t know”.. Its enough to drive you insane but like they say men don’t care about all the frills and things as long as they can get something eat and a drink after wards their cool

Dada - if we could get past the point of -

Me - What are you wearing?

Him - Something nice

Me - What's nice?

Him - Hush ooman, yuh nah easy!

I would be a happy camper!

It's strange, I'M the one who doesn't have a clue what to do for a wedding and my mister is the one who has all the ideas....maybe I should let HIM plan it! I'm waiting until he gets here so I can show him around & he can help decide where to do it since I'm at a loss. Wherever he really likes the area we'll probably plan for....maybe it'll be my parents' property??

Sus, I'm cracking up at your conversation! :rofl:

Timeline
question: how long does it take to get the police report? and do you get to examine it or is it given to you in a sealed envelope?

You can do a 3 day turnaround for $2000 JA or a 21 day turnaround for $1000. It's not sealed so you can check it out. My mister just picked his up on Wednesday and there's nothing on it (cause he has no police record :thumbs: )!

Happy anniversary to KCOYCLAY

thanks Shem

Kimmy, i tried to check out venues in JA, but trying to truck all them rass kids around got to be a bit much, we took a pic of me and MOMTO2 and her twins and my boys and dwaynes daughter all in one cab it was like 8 people in one car, we looked like a circus car...it was so funny.

yall easter night was something.. people everywhere.. we were gonna go to a concert in Priory with Beenie Man and allison Hinds and some more folks it was only like 1500JA, but instead we went to Priory Beach which was FREE, it was packed.. we had a good trip..i am very pleased. I think D's daughter had a little crush on my oldest son she stuck to him like glue and called his name every 5 secs, but she did tell him your mom is gonna be my mom and my dad is gonna be your dad so your gonna be my big brother :lol: then he proceeded to teach her american dances and she taught him how to do the gully creepa and nuh linga and something else. It was good to see, we had a really good time.

Awww...this is so sweet! I love it! I remember when I could dance. *sigh* Now all I do is the Robot circa 1971 or the Re-Run Arms.

DADA..ur one of thopse mothers..we get those every once in a while..u hav eto let go..damn! :)

Ummmm...errr...you are the ONE to talk! Cha!

Kimmy i agree i think it would be a good speech, there is much data out there to support your topic also.

Hell ,my bright azz put my youngest son in the Montessori program before he started preschool, he started at 4 i think, yall know Montessori is more sensory learning, thinking this would better prepare him since Montessori is supposed to be so hyped, that boy was dumb as a stump when he came out and no more prepared to deal with Pre-K than if he hadnt gone, only thing it did was help him adjust to a school routine...LOL

:rofl: You are a nut and a half! Maybe two whole nuts. :lol:

hey Sus...I'm cold @ work...which is making my neck hurt. They didn't pay me for the two weeks I worked and are now trying to tell me to wait until next Friday. I'm just tired of this #######!

Honey, nice story about your trip there with the kids....glad they had fun and it sounds like it wasn't nearly as bad as you were fearing! :no:

Jawi, are you and Kimmy gonna start like her and Lawny usually do? LOL! :huh::lol:

Sorry your neck hurts Jawi but I'm happy you're at work because that sounds like things are improving little by little.

Timeline
ELLS..A DAT U TEK SO LANG FI WRITE..CHA..MI TINK MI A COME READ ONE BOOK

:rofl: Sarry! Mi jus try fi catch up!

My downside to working from home is that I have been eating all day! I made scrambled eggs and ham this am, had cookies, then finished up my brownstew chicken rice and peas and cabbage for lunch - now I am thinking I want popcorn!

That's my downside to being home in the evenings! GEEZ! me to me --------> :bonk:

Jawi..hahaah..yuh funny..mi ave girls...but di modda dem wid di bwoy pickney dem...off the chainnnn!

Yeah Sus..we can do dat...mi a go si wah Gilli a do

We have to be with these fast tail girls running around grinning and batting their eyes all willy-nilly.

Now you all have me very curious.... what is it like taking the bus there? The most I've done is caught a taxi up & down Norman Manley Blvd in Negril.

The police certificate is $1000 for 3 weeks or $2000 for 3 days. The guy at the security office said you can work out arrangements at Duke St (where you get the fingerprints & pick up the certificate) on how to get it. Steven is bringing a self-addressed postage paid envelope so they can send it to him hassle-free.

:blink: You are basically providing limo service in Jamaica to order the certificate...then you are going to trust the mail service in Jamaica to deliver it? On TIME??? There is no way they would mail me ANYTHING that important. :blink::whistle::unsure:

I agree with Jawi here....I wouldn't trust very much to the mail system there. It's safer to have him pick it up. My mister never received his packet # 3 even though it was mailed days after the petition package was received from NVC. Just have him pick it up....or someone he knows and trusts.

LOL..So Jaws...di fast azz girls..sucker the boys in...LOL

mi know who a go ave leashes round dem pickney necks

:yes: :yes: My baby is too shy. I have been trying to get him to just talk to some girls...and he gets all upset huffing and puffing about he doesn't like them ray tay tay xyz. But, the internet history is full of little naked girls on youtube dancing in the bathroom mirror or a room as little as a closet.

I even sat him down and had the talk with him...after I walked in on him errrr... :whistle::blush::crying: Why do they have to grow up?

Oh Jawi, I feel for you! Maybe that's why if I have a kid I want a girl more than a boy! :rofl:

Plus Nat, u want him to know u cannot just role out money for everything on the spot...that plays a big part in when he gets here and what he will be prepared for..even if u can.

TRUE TRUE Kimmy! I couldn't agree more. I try to go by this very same philosophy in my relationship even if it hurts me to hear his struggles. He has to do whatever he can to make things work for him. And he has to know now that I won't be in the role of 'Mommy'....I'm his partner and we have equal responsibilities to take care of things.

OKAY KIMMY! ME DONE! Now I can chat normal again. :whistle:

Timeline
jgay so good to hear from u sweetie.. hope all is well

dada.. ya'll have not replied to my email, so mi tink ya nuh wan chat!

oh yeah how could i forget, u still w/ me in the nonfiler club! hmmm who will be the first to lose membership????

Probably you.Shoot who knows how much longer mi and Roc will make it you see how we go at eachothers throats...

I replied. I sent it at 2:19 my time so 1:19 your tine and I had some questions in der. I need more details you know how I get...lol See if it was quarantined...

Star made it to JA. The apt her man rented only has cold wata. Yuh knoa mi LMAO at dat. I told her good for her she is going to finally experience some of the yardie enuff of that tourist #######. Live it up you'll love it. I told her you'll never want to do a resort again. She said its so hot out she doesn’t even want to go outside until night fall. I hung up on her afta that I started getting jealous.

Timeline

lol..ells, kimmy sit pon di edge har seat anticipating ur post :rofl::bonk:

i agree w/ u ells, mi see ya learn fass my gyal...let that man take care of himself, if we give him a false idea of what the relationship is, it could backfire later and be nobody's fault but our own.

hey anybody remember that playdate that mrs buggy went to?? they are hosting one this weekend, i might try and attend. they are starting one in charlotte..anybody around there??.. i will try to send the link..

Timeline

Ells I wanted a girl...but I would definitely loose sleep over my little girl prancing around with tiny shorts and a top that barely covers her who-haas. You can tell that they are sneaking to video themselves too because they are always filming in a bathroom...a closet...the garage...the attic...shoot the crawl space. Anywhere that parents won't be privvy to what they are up to.

My son had a picture of himself on his cell phone with his shirt pulled up and behind his head so he could show his abs and the "V" with his pants hanging low on his hips. 13!?? My baby?? Oh he11s to the naw! I lost it. Woke him up in the middle of the night and everything. Then, after I calmed down I told him that the shirt behind the neck is "gay"...he was like "WHAT? For REAL?"...I said yeah if you are going to take a picture of your abs why not just take the dang shirt off?

His father was just laughing at me the whole time.

lol..ells, kimmy sit pon di edge har seat anticipating ur post :rofl::bonk:

i agree w/ u ells, mi see ya learn fass my gyal...let that man take care of himself, if we give him a false idea of what the relationship is, it could backfire later and be nobody's fault but our own.

hey anybody remember that playdate that mrs buggy went to?? they are hosting one this weekend, i might try and attend. they are starting one in charlotte..anybody around there??.. i will try to send the link..

I'm going to speak one more time before I start :crying::crying::blush: Hey QUANA!

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
Ells I wanted a girl...but I would definitely loose sleep over my little girl prancing around with tiny shorts and a top that barely covers her who-haas. You can tell that they are sneaking to video themselves too because they are always filming in a bathroom...a closet...the garage...the attic...shoot the crawl space. Anywhere that parents won't be privvy to what they are up to.

My son had a picture of himself on his cell phone with his shirt pulled up and behind his head so he could show his abs and the "V" with his pants hanging low on his hips. 13!?? My baby?? Oh he11s to the naw! I lost it. Woke him up in the middle of the night and everything. Then, after I calmed down I told him that the shirt behind the neck is "gay"...he was like "WHAT? For REAL?"...I said yeah if you are going to take a picture of your abs why not just take the dang shirt off?

His father was just laughing at me the whole time.

[

You did not tell him that was gay!!!!! Ur too much you know darn well that pose is sexy azz heck!!!

Da is trying to wear cologne to school. I'm like boy you wear uniforms what the heck you need cologne for. He told me because the girls like how I smell. I memba he didn’t even like to wash up. I used to go behind him and make him scrub he hated the tub. Man what I wouldn’t give for them days to come back. I tell him all the time his cologne stinks knowing it does smell good. I'm just not ready its too soon. What happened to waiting until you were 16. Isnt girls supposed to be gross at this age??

Timeline

I just tried to call the embassy w/the number that IW posted way back on pg 27 (or something like that) & reached someone who then told me to call the main number ((876) 702-6000) and ask for the 'visa section'. Well, it was all automated prompts and once I finally got to the NIV press '2' part, it had a recording stating that most information you are seeking is on our website at blah blah blah...then it said, 'goodbye' and disconnected but still kept me connected so I finally hung up after a half minute. WTH??!? I'm just trying to find out that the DS-230 was received & at least in process & can't get through. This is the kinda stuff that makes this process frustrating! The waiting isn't so hard for me, it's the NOT KNOWING! If I knew without a doubt that they received the proper form and it didn't get lost or something, I'd be able to just relax and wait patiently.

I was remembering that I wanted to state that I think Jamerican SHOULD go for it and move there. It might be the hardest thing she's ever done but even if it is, it will be the most educational experience. It's not like she's planning on staying....she just wants to give it a try and why not? Just my likkle 2 cents dere! :yes:

Jawi, true what you say about these little girls prancing around on-line. I think I'd be VERY protective no matter what but even more so with a girl! And there aren't going to be any tiny shorts or tops because guess what? I'm not buying them! If my daughter wants to get a part-time job and buy her own hoochie clothes, well, we're still gonna have a talk but she certainly won't be wearing stuff like that off of my dime!

And that's funny that you shocked your son straight with the shirt thing! :lol:

Edited by Ellsinlove

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.