SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Sweet. i may try it though im going back to Ja in July, the second thru the 6th, it will be a quick trip.

Kimmy, your friend never emailed me back, the wedding planner. ANyhoo i want the 14th but may make the wedding on the 16th so it will be more practical for people who are traveling to be there. My mom has said she will come, and im excited and happy but now that we have actually set it in motion i find myself suddenly overwhelmed. :blink:

I went to one wedding planner in Ochi and she was way overpriced, but i couldnt locate the lady i was looking for thru Tropical weddings.

Is this your first wedding, Honey?

I'm so excited for you.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Honey...for all the Yardies the wedding is June 27th at 11:00am here in St Louis. If anyone wants to come you are all more than welcome!

The drive from Detroit to St. Louis is about 8 hours.

Oh, I want to go!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
How is that pronounced Damaj?

Da ma jah?

Da mah j

Umm try this Da's name is James spelled backwards but with a D. Ny best friends name was Samaj james spelled backwards .I loved it but I wanted my first born son to be named a D like me so I dropped the S and added the D. Hope this helps...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sweet. i may try it though im going back to Ja in July, the second thru the 6th, it will be a quick trip.

Kimmy, your friend never emailed me back, the wedding planner. ANyhoo i want the 14th but may make the wedding on the 16th so it will be more practical for people who are traveling to be there. My mom has said she will come, and im excited and happy but now that we have actually set it in motion i find myself suddenly overwhelmed. :blink:

I went to one wedding planner in Ochi and she was way overpriced, but i couldnt locate the lady i was looking for thru Tropical weddings.

Oh I'm sorry, thats weird..we're not really friends..she gave me quotes for our wedding..I'll check see if she still there

did u figure out all ur plans and stuff honey?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
ahhaha...cause the 1st one name starts with a different letter...LMAO ..BOAL !!

LMAO - My sister did that with her boys - the first two start with the same letter - Then when she got pregnant with the next, we BEGGED her to pick a different letter, cause we always mix up the names, especially when upset with them - although different letters didn't help - it's the running joke in our family - my Mother will start to yell, and out comes - Jas, uh,,,,,, Jer,,,,,,,,,,,, Uh Ti - oh, whatever your name is!

:rofl::rofl: I wanted to walk away from the same letter thing..so i searched and searched for a name that i loved that didn't start with K..my real name is not Kimmy so namin all a dem wid K who a rep me at dat point..kiss teet..so with that ppl start mek up rass names..and yes..dif letters don't hel pthe mix up..LOL

One of my friends just started this with her kids, her mother did it with her and her siblings. I didn’t want to go with the first letter thing because I couldn’t find a name then that I liked for my son that started with J so I named him something different. Well when I had my daughter I ended up picking a name that I could end with the same three letters as my son’s. Wish I had of never started that because when I had my second daughter I had to find another name that I liked and could end with the same three letters. Now, what am I going to do if I have another child? I can’t keep thinking of these horrible names just for the sake ending them the same. They aren’t even spelled right anymore.

Remember that silent “h” thing … yeah I did that too.

My family always mixes my girls names up. Then it turns to….”Well, you know who are, you know which one I’m talking to.” <_< My poor kids, mommy did it. :(

ahahhaa..this is what i'm talkin bout..ur funny

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
Hey Ms Lawny, wha gwaan?

I'm here just super busy

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Kcoyclay1 happy Anniversary!!!! (F)

Happy Anniversary..KayCee!!! :dance::dance: I hope you take this time to enjoy.

happy anni :dance:

How is that pronounced Damaj?

Da ma jah?

Da mah j

Umm try this Da's name is James spelled backwards but with a D. Ny best friends name was Samaj james spelled backwards .I loved it but I wanted my first born son to be named a D like me so I dropped the S and added the D. Hope this helps...

Got it!!

I just thank God that my mom gave me a easy to pronounce name. I haven't had anyone jack up Kimberly. Although, she really wanted to name me Kimber...which may have cause some confusion with people at first.

Timeline
Justucia..who callin u all a dat name?...inna di end u affi do wah u affi do...

Future MIL, Kimmy.

OH..Lord..Just..no mine

Yeah dat's my Da-Da girl and em ave a different fadda.. I love dis boy ta pieces. Em gonna mek em mudda proud mi juss knoa it...

I hope u feel that with all ur babies :)

I do but Da and I have been through A LOT together and for him to be so young he appreciates me so much and he is soo protective. Ha when we were in JA he wasn't used to how the men treat you. You know how some of the Jamaican men can be a little bold with their passes and I'm used to it so I ignore it. Well after a while Da was standing in front of me when we were walking down the hip strip. Every time someone tried to speak he was like no keep walking keep moving. I had to lick him like Da stop it don't be rude. He didn't care...lol

Timeline
Justucia..who callin u all a dat name?...inna di end u affi do wah u affi do...

Future MIL, Kimmy.

OH..Lord..Just..no mine

Yeah dat's my Da-Da girl and em ave a different fadda.. I love dis boy ta pieces. Em gonna mek em mudda proud mi juss knoa it...

I hope u feel that with all ur babies :)

I do but Da and I have been through A LOT together and for him to be so young he appreciates me so much and he is soo protective. Ha when we were in JA he wasn't used to how the men treat you. You know how some of the Jamaican men can be a little bold with their passes and I'm used to it so I ignore it. Well after a while Da was standing in front of me when we were walking down the hip strip. Every time someone tried to speak he was like no keep walking keep moving. I had to lick him like Da stop it don't be rude. He didn't care...lol

i understand...how old is he?

Timeline

Hey ladies,

KK yes this is my first wedding, BOUT DAMN TIME...lol... im trying to get my plans in order now. I am excited but now im also like a deer trapped in headlights like what to do first? i really dont want a reception per se but a JA style yard party.

My sons love JA and had a great time, only the youngest one got a bad case of swimmers ear cause he stayed in water pretty much the whole trip so i have to take him to the doctor today when i get off work, the oldest one has lost his JA mind, he must have saw a thick little ja girl with a bumper and he couldnt stop smiling, then he saw one with cat eyes as yall call it and that got him to grinning and then finally when we were leaving some girl was flirting with him in the airport and asked him how many JA girlfriends did he make and he was SOLD... talking bout he is going to save up his checks from his summer job so he can go back...im like boy please...next trip for you will be october!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Honey...for all the Yardies the wedding is June 27th at 11:00am here in St Louis. If anyone wants to come you are all more than welcome!

The drive from Detroit to St. Louis is about 8 hours.

Oh, I want to go!!!!!

:thumbs: Save the date!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

LOL at your kids, Honey -

Are you set on using a wedding planner? It's not that hard to do it all yourself, and you have enough time to do it - Although be prepared for stress as you deal with D handling things, lol - Although I am fairly proud of DJ, he's stepped up and taken care of almost everything - after some nagging, lol - and now we are having the "what are you wearing" debate, lol

If you want info I can give you some - we are using the same pastor who married Jamerican, really nice man -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.