SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

At the end of #13, I saw some people posting about issues with their SOs keeping track of their phones.

WHY is this so hard for these men to do?

Steven has never lost his phone himself, but he keeps letting one of his friends borrow it and that guy has lost the same phone TWICE. He's also lost Steven's nice sunglasses, and all those are things he lost during my visits. Who knows what else he's misplaced. I'm like, if you have a friend who keeps losing the things you let him borrow, then STOP LETTING HIM BORROW YOUR STUFF. :wacko: But when he lost the phone the second time, Steven didn't even tell him anything, talking about "Why fuss? It's already lost." ARGH!

Mind you, this friend is a sweetie-pie. I'm not saying don't be his friend. But you know what friends are responsible with stuff & which ones aren't, so act accordingly.

I think guys let those type of things roll off their backs. They focus on the more serious issues. Often time when most of the damage has already been done when you combine all the little things.

Edited by KKHoliday

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Roxie - he won't be painting until it's closer to having the baby. Right now the room is painted Creme Brulee

KK, if it is a boy then complement with a green, if it is a girl the complement with different shades of pink.

Good idea :thumbs:

so kim when u trying to conceive?

Just busy practicing for now :innocent:

We will start trying at the end of the year. :thumbs:

ok.well it could happen before then seen as u r operating without gloves :whistle:

Jakeswife.. how is the weather in your city?

KK

cold and overcast.nothing like easter in jamaica. :crying::crying:

Yes..it's very hard to compare here to Jamaica unless you lived in south florida.

Are you planning on visiting Jamaica anytime soon? Is you family still in Jamaica?

The weather here where I am:

67°F

Current: Mostly Cloudy

Wind: N at 0 mph

Humidity: 22%Fri

63°F | 45°FSat

58°F | 31°FSun

52°F | 31°FMon

56°F | 40°F

KK, it might be two years before Jakeswife get back to Jamaica. She will be preago for 9 mos and then she will want to wait until the babies are able to walk before she goes back. :jest:

Timeline
Jakeswife.. how is the weather in your city?

KK

cold and overcast.nothing like easter in jamaica. :crying::crying:

Yes..it's very hard to compare here to Jamaica unless you lived in south florida.

Are you planning on visiting Jamaica anytime soon? Is you family still in Jamaica?

The weather here where I am:

67°F

Current: Mostly Cloudy

Wind: N at 0 mph

Humidity: 22%Fri

63°F | 45°FSat

58°F | 31°FSun

52°F | 31°FMon

56°F | 40°F

most of my family lives in jam. i won't be visiting until after the babies arrive if everything is ok.maybe in feb for our anniversary.

KK, it might be two years before Jakeswife get back to Jamaica. She will be preago for 9 mos and then she will want to wait until the babies are able to walk before she goes back. :jest:

well i hope i can be able to go back to jam before then :crying::crying:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning/Afternoon Yardies!

Thanks for starting a new thread Kimmy!

I don't have much to say today....just feeling a bit down about this whole process at the moment. I'm not even sure my SO accomplished what he needed to when he went to the embassy and not hearing back from them is getting to me. I've already covered all the bases as far as what everyone has suggested so it's just hoping and waiting now but we seem to be delayed for some reason. I can't bug them every day so I just have to try my best to be patient. I've tried asking my mister about details when he went there and from what he tells me, I'm not sure things happened as they were supposed to. Oh well, I'm just throwing my hands up for right now. :(

Hang tight Chica, it's only been a week. They won't email you unless they have something to say. Chances are you won't hear from them until he has a scheduled interview date.

Hey Jakeswife, how are you today and the babies today.

boy roxie i need a chimmy at mi bed side the way how me can tinkle

Oh, wait until you are 5 months and they are laying on your bladder. You want to permantely have the chimmy glue to your xss, because getting up and down out of that bed all night will start to take a tow on you. No this is the best one every time you hear water running, you have to run to the bathroom. Trying to wash dishes becoames a 2 hr chore.

Especially when you can't get close to the sink!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Ells..sorry things nah move so right..but when u have done YOU have to do..what else is there to do!..u can't do EVERYTHING..why ur SO didn't get what he has to done?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Sorry i posted this on 13....

Nat - I'm glad these are things you ARE discussing.

[*]When we'll have children (him = yesterday, me = in 2 years) You can probably talk him out of the yesterday part once he gets here.

[*]When I'll next come to Jamaica (him = today, me = my next visit is a surprise so I act like there is no next visit) This is so cute. I always wanted to surprise my SO but never got a chance too. It's a wonderful thing that he wants you to come and spend time there. awh..... Plus you get to go to Jamaica!!!!!!!!!!!!

[*]My male friendships (him = doesn't like the idea, me = my best male friend is in JAPAN and poses 0 threat) I use to feel the same way about my husbands female best friend. When I realized that he was willing to back off their friendship...I checked myself. Once I met her, I realized I was overacting big time. I just had heard so many "best friends" hooking up..I wasn't willing to take down my wall. Once he meets him, it'll probably go away..that feeling.

Awh....love is in the air.

Funny my SO has a female best friend too. He started out being cool with her man and then the two of them have formed a bond. He asked me in the beginning if I would have a problem with this because his last girl wanted him to end it with her and he couldn't. He says they have too much history together. At first I didn't care because we were just friends but as we got serious and he was over her house all the time I started to question it. But heck we were on the phone while he was there. Well on one of my trips there he told me to get dressed. I had no idea where we were going and sure enough he took me to her house. We stayed for hours and she was catering to me but my guard was still up. I seen how the two of them interacted with one another and I could tell its was a friendship. She was so kind to me and you could tell she was trying to be nice because of Roc. She has a coffee shop and she came to get me and take me to the shop. We have really formed a bond and every time I go to JA I go and see her. Roc will even leave us to talk. I wonder if he's using her to feel me out but I told him I would never ask him to stop being friends with her especially since he's not friends with too many people.

KK I think my SO likes my friend Daddy D because he was in the picture before my SO so I guess he figures he has to accept him since him I accepted his friend but the others that have came after him he's like nope mi naa tink so. :no:

Timeline
Hey Jakeswife, how are you today and the babies today.

boy roxie i need a chimmy at mi bed side the way how me can tinkle

Oh, wait until you are 5 months and they are laying on your bladder. You want to permantely have the chimmy glue to your xss, because getting up and down out of that bed all night will start to take a tow on you. No this is the best one every time you hear water running, you have to run to the bathroom. Trying to wash dishes becoames a 2 hr chore.

And the worst part about going to the bathroom during the middle of the night is watching your hubby sleeping so soundly why you try to get comfortable again. So many times I accidently bumped him while getting back in the bed to wake him up. :whistle: Ump if I wasn’t sleeping neither was he..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
... Well on one of my trips there he told me to get dressed. I had no idea where we were going and sure enough he took me to her house. We stayed for hours and she was catering to me but my guard was still up. I seen how the two of them interacted with one another and I could tell its was a friendship. She was so kind to me and you could tell she was trying to be nice because of Roc. She has a coffee shop and she came to get me and take me to the shop. We have really formed a bond and every time I go to JA I go and see her. Roc will even leave us to talk. I wonder if he's using her to feel me out but I told him I would never ask him to stop being friends with her especially since he's not friends with too many people.

That's similar to what happened in my last long-term relationship. My bf didn't like that I was such good friends with a guy, even though the guy lived in Atlanta (now Japan) and we live in Houston. But for my birthday last year, my female best friend threw a surprise party and the guy from Atlanta came to town for it. He spent the night at my place, as did my bf, and the next day I came home from work to find the two of them playing on the Gamecube together. It was SO precious. After that, he wasn't jealous anymore and realized my friend wasn't a threat.

I don't know how my current SO, Steven, will get to meet this dude though, since he's in Japan. Maybe a video chat on Skype will work.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Does anyone else find themselves referring to their fiance/husband as their "SO" when talking to people offline (coworkers, friends, family)? I'm so used to saying that on here that sometimes I'll use the term "SO" when talking to someone outside of VJ... I get this look every time: :huh:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.