SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
good morning all!!

sorry to hear about the loss my2.. i just can't even imagine a child losing their mother at such a young age.. ur daughter is a great friend..

i know how u feel not talking to ur honey when u want.. communication is the crux of a LDR so when u don't get to have those long talks, it really affects me anyway..

the ex DID NOT pick up the girls and ignored all my calls becuz the girls kept asking me was he coming. and then he calld my daughter on HER phone at 9pm to say that he was coming today instead.. i tell ya.. this man KEEP doing things to make me not regret my decision of leaving him.

Q -- u know I share your PAIN, mine does this to me also and then when we went to court he told them that I was hold his son hostage. My son will sit at the screendoor looking outside waiting for his dad to pick him up, then a NO SHOW! -- so, the Judge told me if he doesn't call 1/2 hr before the pick up time to let me know he's going to be late or not comming at all and the time has pasted to go about my business.

1luv; of course dem buss mi BAXIDE, then the teacher that's beating pure PATWAH a come outah fi ar mout

:rofl::rofl:

no she did not tell you NOT to speak patwah and then she gonna start chat patwah!!!!

tre.. girl, i did go bout my business, I was in the bed sleep :lol: .. and the youngest asked me 4 x's "is my daddy still coming".. i used to try and sugarcoat stuff and hide stuff about him, now i don't.. i told her "baby, i have called ur daddy twice w/ no answer.. i don't know what he is gonna do and pls don't ask me anymore, ya'll go look at tv and if he come he come, if he don't, he dont"

i kept telling them to call him, they did once and no answa.. they didn't call anymore afta that.. but still kept asking me :blink:

shrewd.. how are things going my gyal.. how goes it w/ the transportation. are ya'll still in one car..

kk.. does ur chef of a husband ever show u how to prepare some of the dishes??

hey girl!

things are GREAT :) better than ever and that is the truth!

We are def. still adjusting..but what would life be without a little mix up :)

No, he bought another car already, it was a great deal and actually he switched jobs and we ride to work together now anyway :)

Thanks so much for asking. How are you?

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Response from Digicel Customer Care:

Good day

Thank you for emailing us with your concerns. We welcome suggestions of this nature from our valued customers. The information will be forwarded to the necessary department to have it taken into consideration for future updates to be done to the service.

Thank you for your continue support

Regards

Remona C*****

Customer Care Agent

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Good day

Thank you for emailing us with your concerns. We welcome suggestions of this nature from our valued customers. The information will be forwarded to the necessary department to have it taken into consideration for future updates to be done to the service.

Regards

Remona C*****

Customer Care Agent

in other words, thanks for wasting your time, we will deposit your request in file 13 which will then be sent to never never land

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good day

Regards

Remona C*****

Customer Care Agent

LOL - AUtomated response - here is mine -

Good day

Regards

Remona C

Customer Care Agent

in other words, thanks for wasting your time, we will deposit your request in file 13 which will then be sent to never never land

Precisely!

I had another email for a live person at Digicel - I will have to dig back and see if I can find it - he was involved with Webflex

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
:ot::ot::ot:

I have a question ladies, I been thinking about this all damn day and I feel kind of bad because like we was saying sometimes things can be interpreted the wrong way, okay well how do yall deal with making more money than your so (those that do or still have their so in JA)? I know that there is a difference btwn JA & America but as a man a real man! I’m sure they feel a certain way about not being able to give there lady the best.

I don't think this problem is unique to US/Jamaican couples. I had this situation in previous relationships with American men, too.

The main way I can think to ease the tension in this situation is for the woman to let the man know all the other ways he supports her: emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc. He may still feel bad that he's not providing as much financial support, but point out that both of you bring stuff to the table & he brings a lot of things that may be even more important than money.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Lawny,

I feel like some liver yam, banana and dumpling tonight but Hubby wants to grill. The man is now addicted to the new grill! He puts pots on it and everything he said he wanted to do Cow foot soup in the pot on the grill :blink:

Well yuh know I eat and cook just about everything since my Parentage is fused between the both cultures, but one thing I can't get my Hubby to eat is goat balls which I love. They taste just like liver Yummy!

Philly!!

I'm coming to your part of town tonight..Center in the Park

Hey Reg,

You are right on the Ave I am literally only a few blocks away~ what time is your class?

It starts at 7pm

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Filed: Timeline

Reg; actually, I don't like cooking I love to clean, my husband cooks and I do the cleaning, but sometimes it doesn't work that way, so we help each other out. It helps that we're both neat freaks and don't like a messy house.

PHILLY; my girl core of the earth...I love ROASTED GOAT BALLS and we cook on the grill well, use the grill, but u need a good cast iron pot. I fry fish outside most times.

and girl; liver and boil bannas for breakfast...OMG -- damn August can't get here quick enough.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

:lol: I hope not!

Dang it started storming here out of the blue!

Hotlegz, pt 15? I don't know if my work connection is just not feeling VisaJourney today, or if this slowness is caused by how many pages are in this thread.

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

thats great shrewdie!! i love when things work out.. i keep rememebering ur great struggle and how the bigger the struggle the bigger the blessing!! also i was wondering about the car situation.. car is my main worry.. i hope by the time i get ready to do all of this.. i will have my car paid off..(another year) and roger can drive that..

looks like he is saving money very well for a change and thinks he has enough money to come visit ME middle of june so i am :dance:

Timeline

STOP POSTING HERE GO TO PART 15~!!!!!!!!!

HERE WE GO LINK TO PART 15

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=200288

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'll talk to you ladies later..getting ready to get outta here...got dance class tonight

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

:ot::ot::ot:

I have a question ladies, I been thinking about this all damn day and I feel kind of bad because like we was saying sometimes things can be interpreted the wrong way, okay well how do yall deal with making more money than your so (those that do or still have their so in JA)? I know that there is a difference btwn JA & America but as a man a real man! I’m sure they feel a certain way about not being able to give there lady the best. Me and Mr was talking last night and I was just going on about how I wanted these shoes for my bday and I need some money blah blah blah, so I made a comment like how about I start stripping to make ends meet lmao I was being sarcastic of course but he took it as a emphasis on how he is not able to give me what I want and the more I kept trying to justify myself the more I kept putting my foot in my mouth, it really made me seem real shallow but I feel like there is nothing I can do to stroke your ego as a man in that department you either make the money or you don’t??? but I been thinking about this all day and I’m starting to realize how materialistic I might be :( oh and I made a comment like I love to shop and you are not the best saver so I guess we would be living in the streets I know it sounds bad but I was just playing trying to make a joke he took it as I don’t think he will be able to take care of us when he gets up here...

I don’t feel like I should feel bad about where I was born and what I am accustom to but I do feel bad about realizing how spoiled I might be everything I was complaining about and wanting was not necessities they were all material things…

Sorry about the long post ladies I feel better tho…

Newly...this is a very relevant topic. It's not even for Jamaican men it can be that way for other men too. I think this is a serious conversation and should be joked around. I believe their is truth to some jokes. Men by nature want to be able to provide for their family. They need to have that feeling that they are providing. Like you, I love to shop. When I make even more money, it's only going to get worst. Help me!!! I like my expensive bags and shoes too. I don't have kids yet..so I know that might have to change.

Clearly, I make more than my husband (for now..u know once he blows up or something) and he is not working right now. He is focusing on school, which I'm supporting him in. Which explains why mi nah ready fi BREED!! KIMMY!!!

We have developed a monthly budget..like an allowance...that he gets every month to pay bills and treat me to dinner or something. Totally his idea. I get teased because we are opposite of the traditional husband and wife roles. He does most if not all of the cooking and most of the cleaning (I do dishes since he cooks). And he does most of the fixing up around the house. I know it makes him feel good about being there for me. I waited til he moved here before we painted the house and such.

I knew what I was getting into once he eventually got here. We had this conversation before he came and agreed on an understanding. He did not finish high school in Jamaica and he was not happy about it. Parents couldn't afford to send him. Which explains..why Open Arms for Jamiaca...touches mi heart. *couch* u like that plug ey?

Timeline

newly girl..i will find the 2nd thread and this was covered BIG TIME.. like nat said its not just ja/us BUT its def something that we have to deal w/ alot esp due to no work permit for a while..

first.. i don't think that u should second guess urself.. i mean u said u were just joking around, u know in ur heart that u are not a materialistic person.. u deciding to spend ur life w/ a man that MIGHT (u never know) not be able to get u those things are enough to prove that.. u love him for him and no materialistic person could love like that i don't think..

our men are gonna have it hard when they come and like u said, we can try are darndest to make them feel better, but a job is bout the only thing that will do that so i guess u have to just try not to make those kind of statements that he will take to heart..

aww dang.. ya'll we on part 15, lets go!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Where are you Justie!!!??? How did the medical go yesterday?

so good to hear that your mans medical went a-ok!

damions was fine- although i could have killed him yesterday morning

he did not even look at the rass form until he was in the taxi on the way to the doctor

:angry: mind you, he lives in ironshore mo bay- soooooo close

GRRRRRRRRR

*whats this question about prengancy? mi no pregnant, i think i got the wrong form*

:blink:

he went to kingston today to pick up police cert.

QUESTION~

im sending all the info/forms/evidence tommorow-

im thinking UPS

i dont trust his post office

i live on an island in the middle of nowhere with no DHL

and there is no fedex close

any thoughts?

how will the ups driver get package through the gate to the house?

cell phone?

im dense today

jawi! our men soon come

:dance:

ps how did you choose your screen name?

HEY LADIES!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.