SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I used to be American...then I was coolie when I stopped creaming my hair...then I was English...then I was from Town. I don't get American/farrin anymore for some reason. Well, I did stop prancing around town with my purse and matching heels...my pace is a lot slower too. LMAO. When I dance, I think it convinces them more that I am Jamaican. I can do most of the dances in heels all night. The tek wey yuhself was a challenge in heels though. LMAO

LOL, I have been brownin to some of DJ's friends since the second time I met them - I never get asked if I am American though - Canadian, never American -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Glad to hear it went well, Jawi -

On the subject of dialect and word placement - that is so true in so many situations. One of my friends moved to the US from South Africa - she had always been a straight A student, and started failing her english classes here - I helped her with editing her papers and she went back to As - it was in how she phrased things, she had the knowledge down but the teacher wasn't accounting for her language style.

I also had a hard time in Barbados - My ex had grown up in St. Lucia, and his accent / dialect was very different from many - but some of the phrasing and the way they talked - Such as answering the phone with "Good night" - even first thing in the morning! It took me a while to adjust

:yes: Some Jamaicans do that too Sus. "Pleasant Good night/Good eveling"...my mother was like what the? when my ex answered the phone like that. She still says it to this day. LOL

My mother tries to adapt every dialect she comes in contact with for more than three days...and she always sounds like she is from Saudi Arabia or something. It is hilarious because you can't tell her that she is not Jamaican, Chinese, Spanish or whatever on that particular day.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
When A got back to Jamaica from Canada...he said some man came up trying to show/sell him so woodwork...pipes...coasters...you know little touristy knick knacks. He went off of course. Then, another tried to sell him some weed and asked if he wanted to do a tour. I was rolling! I told him before that he smelled like a barrel from farrin.

He doesn't understand why they don't recognize him as Jamaican...even with his accent and pure patois. I laughed until I was weak with tears. Of course he kissed teet at me before he finally agreed it was funny.

Kimmy sarcasim will start a fight every time...or when I say Whatever. oooo he hates when I say Whatever A.

O lord..can we write a book..dyam..he's gotten better with WHATEVER tho

We can say Whatever with so much dyam attitude too. LMAO. :rofl:

I used to be American...then I was coolie when I stopped creaming my hair...then I was English...then I was from Town. I don't get American/farrin anymore for some reason. Well, I did stop prancing around town with my purse and matching heels...my pace is a lot slower too. LMAO. When I dance, I think it convinces them more that I am Jamaican. I can do most of the dances in heels all night. The tek wey yuhself was a challenge in heels though. LMAO

LOL, I have been brownin to some of DJ's friends since the second time I met them - I never get asked if I am American though - Canadian, never American -

I can see that too Sus...

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Timeline
Glad to hear it went well, Jawi -

On the subject of dialect and word placement - that is so true in so many situations. One of my friends moved to the US from South Africa - she had always been a straight A student, and started failing her english classes here - I helped her with editing her papers and she went back to As - it was in how she phrased things, she had the knowledge down but the teacher wasn't accounting for her language style.

I also had a hard time in Barbados - My ex had grown up in St. Lucia, and his accent / dialect was very different from many - but some of the phrasing and the way they talked - Such as answering the phone with "Good night" - even first thing in the morning! It took me a while to adjust

I still do that and when I come into your house, I will not sit down until you tell me to.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Girl don't I know it. I will look up and A is offended by something I said...and I'm like #######? then I think back and say oh dyam man...I didn't mean it like that...we mean it like this in Atlanta. He will cutyeye at me and kiss teet. LOL

I use the word..Dude...and I used it to my husband..he didn't care for the word..thought I was calling him gay.

Oh question...:protest:

Why do gay mean not let the women on the elevator first? Or even open the door? Or if a guy opens the door...they go in before the lady?

That I don't understand one bit. :ot2:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

'afternoon everyone!

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Timeline

dang.. i was just at lunch ya'll been chatting up 2 pages!

kk, i also like getting mistaken for african, jamaican, whatever, its usually the dancing that fools them.. i can lingala w/ the best african LOL

jawi.. i have been trying to take after u lately w/ my heels dancing.. pretty successful so far and only have to take off my shoes after maybe 2 hrs!!

i HAVE to have these square heels to do the Tek Weh Yuhself, but ooohhh soo sexy..

roger hates getting confused for american in the bahamas.. at first he thought it was neat, but then everybody wan sell him something, it got on his nerves LOL

and kk.. i never noticed that gay men don't do things.. imma start looking now..

stonelove.. LOL.. still feels funny.. thats when i got big 5 mnths.. i just blew up outta nowhere.. i guess i didn't realize u were that far along.. is ur hubby excited!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
dang.. i was just at lunch ya'll been chatting up 2 pages!

kk, i also like getting mistaken for african, jamaican, whatever, its usually the dancing that fools them.. i can lingala w/ the best african LOL

jawi.. i have been trying to take after u lately w/ my heels dancing.. pretty successful so far and only have to take off my shoes after maybe 2 hrs!!

i HAVE to have these square heels to do the Tek Weh Yuhself, but ooohhh soo sexy..

roger hates getting confused for american in the bahamas.. at first he thought it was neat, but then everybody wan sell him something, it got on his nerves LOL

and kk.. i never noticed that gay men don't do things.. imma start looking now..

stonelove.. LOL.. still feels funny.. thats when i got big 5 mnths.. i just blew up outta nowhere.. i guess i didn't realize u were that far along.. is ur hubby excited!!

yeah he is excited....he is going back to his ways so me and him ain't really talking right about now... :(

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline
Girl don't I know it. I will look up and A is offended by something I said...and I'm like #######? then I think back and say oh dyam man...I didn't mean it like that...we mean it like this in Atlanta. He will cutyeye at me and kiss teet. LOL

I use the word..Dude...and I used it to my husband..he didn't care for the word..thought I was calling him gay.

Oh question...:protest:

Why do gay mean not let the women on the elevator first? Or even open the door? Or if a guy opens the door...they go in before the lady?

That I don't understand one bit. :ot2:

OMG! I always have to explain myself when I use American terms..I'm like ..look u know I didn't mean anything negative so don't take it like that but let me know so I don't say it in public

AOS Timeline

Timeline

hey reg..

nat.. im sorry.. i hope ur senator and congresswoman are able to help.. at least u see that its CSC altogther and not just urs maybe??

stone.. sorry about hubby.. these things take time.. hope ya'll start talking again soon..

Timeline
A finished his medical today. It only took about 3 hours...from 830 to 12 @ Mobay Hope. He didn't have to get any shots because they still had his file from 2004. He paid $8000 JA and $5000 for taxi fare.

I called Mobay Hope last night to ask if the $$ had to be in a combination of US dollars and JA dollars or if he could pay with credit card. The lady was a real angel...she told be either option would work. She told him to ask for her by name and she would pull his file from 2004.

Jawi, they let you pay by credit card?

Nat - are you at CSC for processing?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...99151&st=15

Nah. VSC.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
I sent my email to Digicel customer service. I hope they update the top up amounts and the Digicel Rising Stars page. :bonk:

:lol::hehe: Sometimes I get frustrated by how things are in Jamaica & how businesses operate. I used to want to move there in 7-10 years, but the more I see how businesses operate, the longer that timeline gets.

I really want to move to Jamaica...but only if I can be extremely comfortable...not struggling for anything.

I've been thinking about making that move..at least for a lil while. My company was recently bought and we're going through that downsizing phase so I was thinking.. if I get downsized..I'd move to Ja for a couple months then come back and look for a job. Hummm..just a thought

AOS Timeline

Timeline

oohhh goodnight!! i remember that from the drive in LOL.. the ppl would say good night as they greet u and i was like :huh: ..

roger get on my nerves.. he talks like me around me so i don't get to hear all those words and sayings.. i tell him all the time "u are not a jamaican"!

i remember the first time he said something that was not "american".. he had sent me an email and said to "fulljoy" my day.. that still makes me smile thinking about it LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.